Best moment in The Last Crusade

Lord Excalibur

I think the best moment in TLC is when Indy has to choose life or death when he hangs over the cliff after Elsa fell down in the abyss. Or the ending scenes when they riding away in the dusk.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I think I liked the motor chase the best.. right up until the moment were his father slaps him in the face. ;)

But then again.. I liked almost all of the 'father-son' moments.

Last edited:

fatima

My best TLC moments are the chasing boats in Venice, when Indy finds his father and hits Indy with the vase...the challenges Indy has to pass to get the Grail, those moments are simply GREAT!
I love the fantastic chemistry and fun moments with Indy and Jones Senior a lot.

IndyMcFly

The entire motorcycle chase... that was awesome. Again, especially when Indy is laughing and he looks at his dad, who is giving him a stern look, and Indy looks back towards the camera and his smile just faaaaades away...

Also, the entire tank chase and the scene before it. It's so funny watching Indy try to save his dad and Marcus, and meanwhile, Dad and Marcus are in there messing around.

M "Henry! The pen!"
H "What?"
M "Don't you see? The pen, is mightier, than the sword!"

M "Look what you did!"
H "It's war!"

In Christ,
Shane

bob

For me the best scene is Indy attempting the leap of God and recovering the Grail

Canyon

My favorite parts from Last Crusade have to be from when Indy and his father talk about their relationship: "If you'd been an ordianary, average father like the other guys dads..." and including the scene where Henry runs across the beach scaring the seagulls away...
"Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky..."

Joe Brody

Without a doubt it's the first shot after the prologue when Indy looks up in the storm on the Coronado and takes that punch.

Last edited:
- Indy's use of a fake Scottish accent and a terrible head cold (ACHOO!!) to enter the castle and save his dad, this scene was hilarious
-When Indy climbs up from the cliff while everyone thinks he's dead, and then his dad sees him and they hug, and then.....INDY'S HAT BLOWS BACK! This is my favorite scene, it really moves me for some reason.

I

Indy's_main_man

I have to say first of all after Indy kills the nazis asking for his diary and Henry says "look what you did?!"

then of course Marcus being knocked off the tank (i've mentioned that before)

Indygirl21 said:
- Indy's use of a fake Scottish accent and a terrible head cold (ACHOO!!) to enter the castle and save his dad, this scene was hilarious
-When Indy climbs up from the cliff while everyone thinks he's dead, and then his dad sees him and they hug, and then.....INDY'S HAT BLOWS BACK! This is my favorite scene, it really moves me for some reason.

yup, these AND
-When Sr. crashes the vase on his head
-The umbrella bird thingy (CLASSIC)
-the firepalce in the ccastle!
-when Sr. goes "Indiana... Let Go." *sniff*
-the motorcycle thing is finished and Indy smiles but his dad doesnt...HAHAHA
-when indy shoots all those guards and Sr. say "Look What You Did!"

Sctualy, there seems to be a lot of GREAT scenes in LC!:D:D:D

Indyologist

My favorite moment has got to be the scene where Indy's dad is hanging on to Indy who is dangling over the pit. Elsa has just gone the way of all bad guys (or girls for that matter) and Indy finds himself in the same predicament. Frankly, I was a little aggrevated when some people in the audience laughed at this. The only thing that was funny was the irony. It was supposed to be a dramatic moment!!!

Anyhoo, I just love that whole "Indiana... Indiana... let it go" moment between Indy and his dad. It gets me every time. I like how they kind of suggest that Indy has the same obession with items of history, but unlike Ilsa, it hasn't taken over to the point where he is consumed by a deadly greed.

chipuk

I think they had great fun working together,

the scene when they are both tied up together in front of the fire.
Its not what they say, but how they both act together playing off one another.

Makes me smile whenever I see it.

I

Indy's_main_man

When I was little My dad would flip the couch over. I had this goblet like thing that I ran around with and i'd sustainmyself from the couch. The my dad would say "Indiana.....let it go" and then pull me up.

As for Indy catching elsa, I never saw that as funny at all. strange....

I

Indy_Jones88

I love the seen where Indy is saving his dad from Castle Bruchenwald. The whole seen is awesome. From when he sneaks in to the motorcycle scene.

I really like when they argue about the diary in front of the nazis, Indy grabs a MP-40, shoots the nazis and says "DON"T CALL ME JUNIOR."

Ivo

There are plenty of great moments in this one but I still love the scene where Indy 'bumps' into Hitler at the rally. I wasn't expecting that at all...

Andy Jones

My favourite parts in LC are:

- The Young Indy pre-credits.
- The Tank chase
- Indy, Henry, Sallah & Marcus riding of into the sunset.

Andrela

My favourite scenes in LC are:

-when Henry hits Jr.'s head with vase
-when Henry and Jr. argued about the diary and Jr. took the gun and shot the nazis...actually whole casttle scene is great!
-tank scene
-the scene when Sallah asks about Indy's name.
Henry "Indiana was our dog's name"