Customizing Indy Figures

singsingjohnny

Hello all! Just thought I'd post THIS, a handy guide for combining 25th-style G.I.Joe parts with Indy parts...you have to register ( :( )to see the pics, but they are pretty awesome and informative.

(y)

NickTurner

Time for some wacky customs! May I present Kazim in Hatay with some fellow Brothers of the Cruciform Sword.

Kazim_1_medium.jpg

BCS_1_medium.jpg

BCS_2_medium.jpg

Lance Quazar

Wow, EXCELLENT customs!!! Well-done!! LOVE the Brotherhood figures, very original and extremely well-executed. Bravo!

That motorcycle with sidecar is probably the best I've seen...and there have been MANY over the past year. It looks amazing. Did you use the marauder sidecar as a base? Yours as so many modifications that, if you did, you've rendered it invisible. The results here are astounding!!!

The weathering and mud is also extraordinary. I am going to try my hand (at some point) in weathering my vehicles, but you've really taken the crown in that department.

Beautiful work all around!

NickTurner

Thank you!

The sidecars were built from scratch using plastic card. There are actually a couple of 'build' pictures on my site. Only the wheels were sourced from a 'dirt bike'.

A couple of weathering hints - for light dirt thin the paint. For heavy dirt add talc and/or chalk dust to give some texture. Use a sloppy hand brush unless you want a fine dust effect, in which case airbrush is ideal, shading from top to bottom. Start light - you can always add more!

I gave up trying to paint neat stripes on the Hatay figures tho!

NickTurner

Walmart has these really cheap soldier-type figures (under $2) whose name I have forgotten (because I wasn't paying it much attention). Team Alpha maybe? Anyway they also do 3-packs with an accessory for only about $4.50. One of those packs had a dirt-bike which provided me with wheels for the sidecars. (Actually the wheels are more accurate to the movie bikes than Hasbros!)

Anyway, I picked the figure with the best nose (Kazim has a really distinctive 'honker') and decapitated him. So basically it's a nameless head! He already came bearded - I sculpted the hair and hat. (I'll dig up some construction pics and post them on my site.)

Well spotted on the Del Monte lid! That jar is sitting on my work table and holds paint thinner. Usually I go outside to take advantage of natural sunlight when I take pictures, but it's been raining! Putting the figure on the jar allows me to snap a picture against the wall and so the clutter on my table doesn't get in the way!

Lance Quazar

Great job, Nick. You should post these on the rebelscum forums in the Customs section of the Cool Toy Review area.

Tons of Indy customizers there, they'd love to see this awesome work!!

Jr.Jones

Thats fo' sho'. That Kazim is *****in'! I think that you and I are the only two guys who have made him as far as I have seen, Nick. I thought about doing that one from the end, as opposed to the suit in Venice, but I really like the suit look...But great work man!

NickTurner

I'm soooo glad you did suit Kazim! I didn't want to be a copy-cat lol! (Although I think I should have had you paint the stripes...)

What head did you use? (I can't remember anyone asking.)

It's funny though who gets the attention. I thought for sure Hovitos would get some comment. It's from the start of the first movie after all. I guess the power of character is strong. Kazim has a name and appears twice.

JackBurton

Really great customs in here.
I'm not really good in making customs so here is just a quick modification.
But don't take it to serious ;)

Staff Of Kings Indy (the Wii and PS2 Version)
Enjoy

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Luke Sprywalker

Hello, I am new here and was directed to the site by a fellow Rebel Scum member. First off there are some amazing customs here and I have enjoyed lurking for about 10 days waiting for the administrator to approve my membership. I have seen some of the work here in RS forums in the CTR CUSTOMS section and I am looking for a more interactive/interested community. I will comment on individual customs later and will be posting some pics of what I have been working on. For now here is a small preview...:hat:

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Luke Sprywalker said:
Hello, I am new here and was directed to the site by a fellow Rebel Scum member. First off there are some amazing customs here and I have enjoyed lurking for about 10 days waiting for the administrator to approve my membership. I have seen some of the work here in RS forums in the CTR CUSTOMS section and I am looking for a more interactive/interested community. I will comment on individual customs later and will be posting some pics of what I have been working on. For now here is a small preview...:hat:

DSC_0001-3.jpg

Very cool! This is the first Barranca custom I've seen. Great set-up as well!