New Acquisitions!!

ChromiumBlue37

Thanks for the comparison pic! I broke down and ordered the Peril in Peru set from Lego's website.

This must depict some sort of a lost scene. In the movie, isn't there a travel montage of a plane superimposed on the map between the Chauchilla Cemetery and Russian Camp scenes?

Crack that whip

That must be it - though all the KotCS sets have some notable deviations from their filmic counterpart scenes anyway (more so than the sets based on the "classic trilogy"). I presume it's largely the result of the sets having to be designed and "locked down" while the movie was still under production and subject to change (and perhaps a bit of limited access to production information).

I'm actually planning on hitting TRU shortly with a coupon good for $10 off any $50 purchase; I was going to pick up a large Aqua Raiders set with it, but I can see myself possibly breaking down and getting this instead if it's there...

indyclone25

my newest acquisition was this weekend at the comic show in chicago i got the grail knight for myself and young indy for my son and then yesterday at tatget i got my son a baseball cap that said indiana jones and the kindgom of the crystal skull and had just mutt on the hat ( no indy anywhere on the hat) but that is all so far this week i really need to open all my boxes of doctor pepper 12pks and put in the codes to see what i have won if anything.

Crack that whip

(Oh, and in case anyone wants it):

Crack that whip said:
I'm actually planning on hitting TRU shortly with a coupon good for $10 off any $50 purchase; I was going to pick up a large Aqua Raiders set with it, but I can see myself possibly breaking down and getting this instead if it's there...

Coupon here - good for today only (well, and the two days before, but...)!

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
Sweet I cant wait to get all these sets for free!!!!!!! Sorry guys I'm just happy I won these!!!!!

I don't think the exclusives (such as Peril in Peru) count in that...

Nurhachi1991

Crack that whip said:
"Won?!" :eek: Awesome! I'm envious. Where'd you win them, and which ones / how many did you win?

I won the Cartoonnetwork Indiana Jones sweepstakes. It was when that Raiders of the Lost Brick thing aired. After I saw that I went on the site and entered once. A month later I get an E-mail saying you won! I had to fill out a bunch of forms get them notorized and they said I will get my prize in 2-4 weeks which includes every Indy set Lego put out except for the jeep one by Brickmaster.

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah they do as it said on the forms I had to sign the only thing I do not get is that Brickmaster Jeep set.

You won't get the Peril in Peru set (yet) because.. it's not yet coming to the USA. (Granted, you'll likely get it when it's finally announced...)

Crack that whip

Nurhachi1991 said:
I won the Cartoonnetwork Indiana Jones sweepstakes. It was when that Raiders of the Lost Brick thing aired. After I saw that I went on the site and entered once. A month later I get an E-mail saying you won! I had to fill out a bunch of forms get them notorized and they said I will get my prize in 2-4 weeks which includes every Indy set Lego put out except for the jeep one by Brickmaster.

That's fantastic; congratulations!

iLUVINDY

I caved in and ordered my LC wave figures from Hasbro Toy Shop. I should receive them by July 20th. Im so tired of calling and searching stores, where they are packed full of Wave 1 and 2 figures. I prefer waiting to get them home, especially with the price of gas these days. Ill prob. get them before they even put them out anyways. (y) (y)

Lambonius

iLUVINDY said:
I caved in and ordered my LC wave figures from Hasbro Toy Shop. I should receive them by July 20th. Im so tired of calling and searching stores, where they are packed full of Wave 1 and 2 figures. I prefer waiting to get them home, especially with the price of gas these days. Ill prob. get them before they even put them out anyways. (y) (y)

I would happily do just that, but they still have Henry Sr. listed as "Out of Stock." :(

JRiley3

Vance said:
You won't get the Peril in Peru set (yet) because.. it's not yet coming to the USA. (Granted, you'll likely get it when it's finally announced...)

I picked up the Peril in Peru set at my local TRU on Sunday so they are starting to show up in the US now. Location is Central Virginia if anyone else is looking. Now bring on more Lego sets, especially Temple of Doom!

Arab Swordsman

I should be getting my LC figures in the mail today!

What is everyone doing about the TOD figures? I always like saving money by getting them at Wal Mart but between gas and the overstocking of the previous waves it's getting kind of tedious. On the other hand most places are charging 70 bucks plus shipping for the 6 TOD figures which is robbery. The TOD line is going to be the most sought after line though and finding them in the store might be harder than the LC wave has been. I'm thinking I might just have to bite the bullet and order again from an online dealer for these.

Errex

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I am definitely NOT buying cases of figures on-line ever again. There is no way to select the good paint jobs from the sloppy ones!

Especially with this line. About the only case I've ever bought online was of Star Wars product, and I still worried about getting a bum figure/paintjob.

Marty Jones

I spotted a Henry today at Wal*Mart (I was out and decided to stop back). The paint was really near perfect except for his tie (which had a giant white scrape on it). I passed but it was nice to see him on the pegs. Hopefully I'll find another one soon.