The Ke Huy Quan (Short Round) Celebrity Watch

Goonie

Here's an interview an acquaintance of mine over at the Goonies.org board did with Jonathan Ke Quan. The focus is mainly on The Goonies, but there are some references to the Temple of Doom. Enjoy!

:)

Just saw you post this over on COW-- great interview.

You know... I actually have never seen Goonies. I think it's about time I fix that glaring omission of my adolescence.

Inbanana

Thanks for the interview, what is this from? Watching this and also recently the video commentary track on the Goonies blu-ray (which I think is the same as the one from the dvd, but I had never seen it before), I'm surprised at how much he still looks the same... even kinda sounds the same (though maybe his voice is an octave or to lower now). It would be great if they could bring Shorty back as a sidekick, but unfortunately, I can't really see that happening now...

indyfan85

I plan on going to the Goonies anniversary in june, driving to Astoria hopefully short round will show up with some of the rest of the cast (they've been invited but no confirmation yet)

Montana Smith

ResidentAlien said:

You know... I actually have never seen Goonies. I think it's about time I fix that glaring omission of my adolescence.

I remember a joke that went round when Goonies first came out: that most people's enjoyment of the film was spoiled by a bunch of kids screaming in the cinema - the kids happened to be on screen and not in the audience.

I've only seen it once, and it was so long ago that I can't really cast a serious critical eye over it - so if it appears on TV any time soon I'll make sure to watch it.

Darth Vile

ResidentAlien said:

You must watch it immediately (in HD of course)... :)

Peru1936

ResidentAlien said:
You know... I actually have never seen Goonies.

:eek:

up-NMB6CUBQAG4J303F.jpg

baby_tiger_surprised_face.jpg

8238939_0293a25f6e.jpg

Surprised%20Girl%20Face.jpg

simmons.jpg

bloodsport.jpg

Obama-surprised-717075.JPG

original.jpg

goonies_sloth_1024.jpg

Stoo

ResidentAlien said:
You're not missing much...:rolleyes::p

indyfan85

Well thats like, your opinion man.

Its dated, sure, and most of the value that comes from watching it is purely nostalgic to me but it's a fun romp nonetheless and worth watching.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
You're not missing much...:rolleyes::p

indyfan85 said:
Well thats like, your opinion man.

A valued opinion, nevertheless. And probably explains why I only saw the film once, many years ago, and never sought it out again. I do remember the screaming kids, as in the joke that went round at the time of its release, and was echoed by reviewers.

It's been added to "Watch Instantly" on Netflix. I haven't watched it since the theater and between Corey Feldman and fumbling to re-attach "one eyed willie" I won't be sharing with my kids...

indyfan85

Montana Smith said:
A valued opinion, nevertheless. And probably explains why I only saw the film once, many years ago, and never sought it out again. I do remember the screaming kids, as in the joke that went round at the time of its release, and was echoed by reviewers.

I was too young to pay attention to reviewers, which is why I mentioned the nostalgia factor in the rest of my post.

Peru1936 said:

I don't usually dig picture posts but this applies, haha

Goonie

indyfan85 said:
I plan on going to the Goonies anniversary in june, driving to Astoria hopefully short round will show up with some of the rest of the cast (they've been invited but no confirmation yet)

I'm going to try and get over there myself for the 25th. At least it's in June and hopefully the border security won't be as harsh as it's going to be for the next two months for the Olympics.

I'm hoping Ron and Patrick show more footage (or have it complete) from their many-years-in-the-making Goonies documentary.

indyfan85

Hey maybe we'll run into eachother :hat:

It looks like it will be a lot of fun. I've actually never been out to Astoria before but isn't that where they shot Kindergarten Cop as well? :D

Goonie

Inbanana said:
Thanks for the interview, what is this from?

The interview was done by an acquaintance of mine over at the Goonies.org message board. Andy interviewed Jonathan at Collectormania in the UK last year.