Disney eyeing Chris Pratt

Yes ridiculous notion. I honestly know no actor on the planet that could play Indy. It would be someone else's indiana jones. It's definitely just Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones... channelling Indiana would make playing Bond look the easiest thing on the planet.

Anthony would be a decent young Han solo. But Indy is a complex cookie. Like him though. Was good in age of adalin it's a very difficult thing to take on with the already renowned Harrison's Indy. Anyway pointless Steven as already said he couldn't imagine anyone else playing him...and I think he as a big say in that matter.

Finn

Staff member
RicMadDogBuxton said:
Anyway pointless Steven as already said he couldn't imagine anyone else playing him...and I think he as a big say in that matter.
Disney has already made Star Wars without George Lucas - and got pretty much nothing but universal acclaim for it.

It's not so hard to imagine them making Indiana Jones without Spielberg.

Lambonius

Finn said:
It's not so hard to imagine them making Indiana Jones without Spielberg.

Personally, I think Spielberg (and the editing and direction generally) was a huge part of what didn't work in KOTCS, so I would be happy to see a different directorial take on such a project.

Lance Quazar

Major West said:
Nah, it was the script and story. The direction was as good as any of the previous sequels.

No, it was slack and bloodless. Like "Crusade" but worse. And nothing at all like "Temple of Doom."

Major West

I think you'll find a better script and story might have improved those stylistic elements. That's where everything begins, with what's written on the page.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I wonder, if Disney will cast Pratt as a "grown-up" Mutt...that might be too much of a stretch, but I could see it happening.

Udvarnoky

Mutt shouldn't appear. Indy can acknowledge that his family's doing fine to somebody while on his (hopefully exclusively overseas) fifth adventure, but that'll do it for me.

Duaner

Udvarnoky said:
Mutt shouldn't appear. Indy can acknowledge that his family's doing fine to somebody while on his (hopefully exclusively overseas) fifth adventure, but that'll do it for me.

If Indy 5 is set in the late 1960s, they can just make a reference to Mutt being in Vietnam. Maybe we'll see a picture or make a reference to a letter from him or something.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Aaron H said:
I wonder, if Disney will cast Pratt as a "grown-up" Mutt...that might be too much of a stretch, but I could see it happening.
I always assumed Mutt was In his 20's I could be wrong but I don't think there is much of an age gap between Pratt and Shia? but I could see Pratt being an Indy sidekick or protégé ...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
I always assumed Mutt was In his 20's I could be wrong but I don't think there is much of an age gap between Pratt and Shia? but I could see Pratt being an Indy sidekick or protégé ...

Mutt's supposed to be 19 in 1957, apparently; I guess he's behind in school from changing schools so frequently.

LaBeouf is currently 29. Pratt is currently 36. He's in great shape, but he doesn't look like he's in his 20s.

I don't suspect they'd try to recast the character of Mutt Williams, but I do think Pratt remains a possibility for a new face for the franchise. Would they introduce him as someone other than Indy, especially considering that means a successor character with more star wattage than whoever they might get to play Indy back in the 20s or 30s. I'm skeptical.

adrian142

Why not have both Harrison Ford and Chris Pratt as Indy in the movie?

I don't think that it would be good to "pass the fedora and whip" to a son, because then the stories might continue in 70's and 80's.

The 30's and 40's are the time frame that is ideal in my respect.

So why not have "Indy 5" as quest for his lifetime. A story starting and ending in the 50's with Harrison playing Indy and then a flashback in the middle section to the 30's where Pratt would take over.

And in the 30's Indy (Pratt) might be close to solution but fails. And it is the wiser Indy (Harrison) who succeeds.

Then everything is set for the stories to continue with Indy 6 a.s.o. In the appropriate time frame and Pratt as the younger Henry Jones Junior.

Darmok

Major West said:
Nah, it was the script and story. The direction was as good as any of the previous sequels.
I don't think we can point the finger at any one thing for Kingdom's problems. Yes, the story was partly to blame, the script, maybe, but it wasn't just them. It was lots of little things that made a big impact.

Darmok

Indy1Jones2 said:
Well Harrison is my favorite actor so I thought I give Pratt a try.
I wasn't directing that towards your post at all, if that's what you were thinking, I think your concept art looks fantastic!

I was just giving my thoughts on the idea of Chris Pratt being Indy.