Shia LaBeouf announces retirement

Joe Brody

kongisking said:
And that's pretty neat to get praise from Brad Pitt of all people.

And don't forget that James Franco came to Shia's defense as well.

Pitt and Franco. That's pretty good company.

My respect always goes up for people who stand by others when they are down.

curmudgeon

Mike Dowswell

Fury looks like it's going to be a great movie.

I think with Shia...it's possibly the age old story of getting international attention too fast...and then it being taken away from him....he lost...when he was winning winning winning....and the mind couldn't cope with it....it happens a lot....I was going to say that he was too young too....but there are cases like say Susan Boyle....who suddenly had international attention too fast...and was aged 47 or 48 and had a meltdown....apparently because she didn't know how to deal with not winning.

--------------------
When you rest, you are a king surveying your estate. Look at the woodland, the peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

Last edited:

Glenville86

For myself, not a big deal who they cast as a new Indy or as a son of Indy to take over. These movies are spaced out and if a son is to take over, there are good ones to choose from. Does not have to be the one who played a supporting role in the last film.

Look at Batman, Superman, James Bond and others. Movies were still made and had a decent fan base. I just think the key is good writing and actors. I can think of more than one scene from the Indy movies that were pretty out there. Jumping out of the plane on a life raft and the boat sinking in like 1-minute......

Pale Horse

Staff member
Túrin Turambar said:
And please stop banning me!! I will only comeback more powerful then you ever imagined me before.. xx

Welp..that does it.

giphy.gif

Thank you Túrin and Shia, for helping us make this decision.

TheFedora

Did anyone watch Shia Labeouf's recent publicity stunt? The #allmymovies one? If I was anywhere near there, I would have at least tried to get in while Crystal Skull was playing.