Next project; Indy`s Smith and Wesson

Drones33

Going to attempt a close-enough version of Indy`s S&W from Raiders by sanding away the logos, extending the barrel, making a new sight, etc...
bapty_1_by_00177840-daprklm.jpg

Drones33

Raiders S&W almost finished

Not screen accurate of course, but a pretty decent representation I reckon. Ive weighted it to give it some heft, just need to add a metal loop for a lanyard to the base of the grip...
sw_bapty_1_1_by_00177840-das58mg.jpg

sw_bapty_2_1_by_00177840-das58oc.jpg

Drones33

Thanks guys

Hoplite318 said:
This is awesome - well done! Out of curiosity, what was the base gun you used?

It's a toy snub 38 I bought on amazon, pretty close to full scale. If you look at the previous pics you can see what it was like before I altered it.

Hoplite318

Drones33 said:
It's a toy snub 38 I bought on amazon, pretty close to full scale. If you look at the previous pics you can see what it was like before I altered it.

Great job. I poked around and found the gun, but they're not easy to come by. Looks really good though - I need to find something to use as a base to make a more con friendly gun.

Drones33

Yeah definitely. The last thing you want is to be carted out of a con by burly security guards for waving your Webley around:gun:
Unless they were dressed like nazis.

Hoplite318

Might be worth it just for the video... :D

I thought about making a resin cast of my Denix Webley but after seeing your conversion I'm trying my hand at converting an old .357 airsoft I had lying around. I took it apart and gutted it, glued the hammer and trigger and weighted it a bit so it has some heft but no moving parts except the cylinder, which I will probably also glue just to be safe.

Cut off the barrel and made a new one that will have an orange plug and redid the grips to be close enough. I'll post a few pics once it's done.

:gun:

Hoplite318

Ok, pretty much got it finished. Still may tweak a few of the problem areas, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it.

IMAG3415_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG3410.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Drones33

New Holster

Made a holster for my Raiders 38. First made a paper pattern, then used that as the template and drew around it onto a piece of leather I bought from ebay (4mm thick cowhide, 12" x 12", just under 20 quid) and did the same for the belt loop and fastener. I next marked out the holes around the edge for the stitching using a small panel pin. It was then simply a matter of sewing it together with heavy thread. Once that was done I soaked the holster until thoroughly wet and put the gun (wrapped in plastic) in it and left it to dry. This caused the leather to shrink and conform to the shape of the revolver. Finally I sanded it and unevenly applied some dark brown shoe polish to age and darken it.
holster_prep_1_by_00177840-dblozw2.jpg

holster_1_1_by_00177840-dblokfy.jpg