The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

So Cate Blanchett's character, russian agent Spalko, has black mid-length hair... uhm... don't like this detail so much. I would have preferred the long blonde hair of the real-life Cate Blanchett.

In any case, this new book seems sooo intriguing... now I'm eagerly waiting for it. (y)

phantom train

This sounds great, and something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this book will be the first time a book has come out like this, which deals specifically with the making of all of the IJ films.

In the past, Lucasfilm has released books which have focused primarily on the making of the SW films, and in some cases IJ was included in here (the Lucasfilm Archives is one example), but IJ has never gotten the credit it deserves in a book like this (until now, that is).

ReggieSnake

Definitely looking forward to this book!:whip:

BTW to any SW fans out there: Have you had a chance to take a look at the Star Wars: From the Vault book? It would be cool if Indy could get something like that; it has every thing from a copy of original questionnaire form from the premiere to the lyrics of the song Leia sings in the Star Wars Holiday Special!(no kidding)

tis good, good few pictures, I'm really looking forward to this one, Rinzlers book on Star Wars was amazing, so if its anything like that we're really in for a treat

The Man

Toht's machine-gun for an arm? Rock on!

Tohtsmall.jpg

Stoo

AWESOME artwork on those early posters! The alternate logos are real treat! "Raiders of the Lost Arc".
Thanks for the link, Jeremiah!!! (y) (Though, there is a thread for this book somewhere...)

The Man said:
Toht's machine-gun for an arm? Rock on!
Yes! There are also several storyboards of the truck chase where he uses it
...and there is a production sketch or two of the arm.

"Toht's Robotic Arm"
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=8202&highlight=Toht's+Robotic

Just found the other thread:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12083

Last edited:

Crack that whip

I'm dying for this one as well. I'm curious as to how comprehensive its coverage of the fourth movie can be if the book was written while the movie was still being made (though at the same time, I know it must have provided an opportunity to get production details as fresh as possible), and I wish it also covered The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (I'm assuming it doesn't based upon all the descriptions I've seen saying simply that it covers the four movies, while never mentioning the show), but I'm still Jonesing for this book in a big way.

Adamwankenobi

Crack that whip said:
and I wish it also covered The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (I'm assuming it doesn't based upon all the descriptions I've seen saying simply that it covers the four movies, while never mentioning the show), but I'm still Jonesing for this book in a big way.

That is sad, because the series was such a long, huge and rewarding production for all involved (for example, it shot on location in 35 countries, versus KOTCS, which shot in... the United States only). :( I wonder then, why it wasn't included? :confused:

But I have no doubt the series will still be mentioned quite a bit, since KOTCS's origins are so closely tied to it.

phantom train

If this book is anything like 2007's "The Making of SW", it will be superb. From early appearances, it looks like it will be, so this is something I'm also really looking forward to getting.

It's about time a book devoted to the making of the IJ films came out - this was definitely a long time coming.

G-Man

Do you think this will include discussion of the multiple Indy IV draft scripts? The SW book went through the elements of each early draft, it would be nice to see how Kingdom evolved...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm just glad to see stuff I haven't seen before. I have seen the screen tests but those logos and drawings and storyboard stuff is completely new to me.

No Ticket

Man, all that stuff looks really really cool. I especially like the alternate logos and Toht's machine-gun arm! I am most CERTAINLY buying that book!

fixer79

Looking incredibly forward to buy this book!

Slightly off topic...
Apparently, I missed something big... I own every Star Wars 'art of' or 'making of' book so I figured I didn't have to buy the 2007 'Making of Star Wars' book...
Was I wrong? Is there stuff in the 2007 book that wasn't in the older ones?