"Death of Indiana Jones" How should he go out?

jamesdude

now im not posting this to anger you guys but its eventually going to happen in the Indy timeline. So i was wondering how you guys would want Indy to go out.

i think he should have a heroic death of some kind. :dead:

Nurhachi1991

jamesdude said:
now im not posting this to anger you guys but its eventually going to happen in the Indy timeline. So i was wondering how you guys would want Indy to go out.

i think he should have a heroic death of some kind. :dead:

What kind of stupid thread is this? I never want to think of Indy dying because if he dies a big part of me would die to.

jamesdude

Nurhachi1991 said:
What kind of stupid thread is this? I never want to think of Indy dying because if he dies a big part of me would die to.

well just ignore this thread then, i dont want to start on the wrong foot.

No Ticket

Probably just gets hit by a car while crossing the street after teaching a class... ironic, considering all the other dangerous situations he has been put in.

Crusade>Raiders

No Ticket said:
Probably just gets hit by a car while crossing the street after teaching a class... ironic, considering all the other dangerous situations he has been put in.

Yeah, have this amazing man die in an everyday kind of way, like Laurence of Arabia.

That works on several levels, actually.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

Indy's brother

C'mon guys, isn't it obvious? Although it was not his chronological "first" adventure, he would be reunited with the ark. And when he meets his end, he and the ark are both destroyed in some effort to save the world from it's massive powers. If the IJ legend has to end with Indy's demise, it would be the perfect bookend to the series (of films, anyway). Done tastefully, there wouldn't be a dry eye in any theater from here to the Sudan.

No Ticket

I just realized the next Indy adventure should be:

"Indiana Jones and the trip to the Underworld."

He dies and his adventure takes place in the afterlife! That's going in a new direction!

(im kidding)

Indy's brother

Actually, the more I think about it, it makes even more sense. Raiders was referenced in every sequel. It's like a the whole series is foreshadowing that Indy's fate is intertwined with the thing. Almost like it's following him, haunting him. Stalking him.

No Ticket

Indy's brother said:
Actually, the more I think about it, it makes even more sense. Raiders was referenced in every sequel. It's like a the whole series is foreshadowing that Indy's fate is intertwined with the thing. Almost like it's following him, haunting him. Stalking him.

It wants to have his babies!!!

Mickiana

At a ripe old age in his rocking chair on his veranda just after swigging his favorite whiskey - a massive coronary.

The Man

No Ticket said:
It wants to have his babies!!!

Now that's a love scene I'd pay to see. Get on, Gramps!

He should die from radiation poisoning, thus retrospectively adding a sliver of plausibility to the Doomtown escape...

inky_skin

Crusade>Raiders said:
Yeah, have this amazing man die in an everyday kind of way, like Laurence of Arabia.

That works on several levels, actually.

If you consider a motorbike accident to an 'everyday' kind of death. I agree though - Jones is the "everyman" thrust into extreme situations (like all of Fords characters) - so an average, mundane death would suit him. Although given the numerous unusual dangers he's faced during his lifetime, it's a wonder something more fantastical didn't claim him...

Dewy9

Well I remember hearing rumors going into KOTCS that Indy was to die in one of the last scenes and pass on the hat to Mutt. I'm glad that didn't happen. lol

Indy shouldn't have a canon death, it wouldn't add anything to the character.

jamesdude

that would be a possiblilty, if they decide to make Indiana Jones immortal like Highlander lol.

a 200 year old indiana jones :p

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Well, just when does he die? We know he lives to at least his early 90s. Dare we say he'd still be alive now, at age 109?
The good professor was thought to have passed away sometime shortly after Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 1993. Cause: unknown.
However, some months ago, I came across this report :p and posted it here: How many times has Indiana Jones been shot?

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:28 am EDT
NEW YORK CITY (Reuters)

Indiana Jones is alive and well.

Indiana Jones will be celebrating his 109th birthday this coming July 1st. The party starts just five weeks
after the May release of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Cyrstal Skull", which is George Lucas' and
Steven Spielberg's adaptation of the legendary professor's last, great adventure in 1957.

After decades of dodging booby-traps and overcoming evil to save the world, Dr. Henry Walton Jones, Jr.
now resides at the Baywood Anna Erika Assisted Living retirement home in Staten Island, New York.

Exploits of the intrepid archaeologist are well-known. Over the years, they have been made into
three feature films and a T.V. series but the declining mental state of Dr. Jones and his need
for chronic care brought a change to his domestic situation fourteen years ago. When asked about
Indy (as he likes to be called) and the drastic shift in his life, one family member said,

"As amazing and loveable as he is, he ended up being completely unmanageable and often embarrassing
at times. You couldn?t control him! Imagine trying to have a normal conversation and then every
five minutes there would be someone there to tell you what things were really like in their day and
always trying and teach you a lesson. The stories would go on for hours.?

?After awhile, it became pretty unbearable so we all decided that he?d be better off somewhere else
and Baywood was the perfect place. You can see New Jersey from the window.?

"The past few years we didn't make much of a fuss over his birthday but this time we decided to
make something of it since he may not be with us for much longer."

In the new film, Harrison Ford, resumes his role as Indiana Jones for the 5th time. Ford is synonymous
with the the part but is not the only actor to have portrayed the seemingly invincible adventurer.
Others include Sean Patrick Flanery, Corey Carrier and George Hall.

The birthday event will be a private affair, limited to family and friends and will not be open to the public.