Spoilers or Non

jimmi

its 16 years later, and the target audience of today's big blockbusters may be a little young to have grown up with indiana jones, whereas james bond has remained in public awareness throughout.

anyways same could be said for star wars, except star wars was marketed as everything a kid wants for a summer movie, i.e. lots of cgi eye candy, cute aliens and big bangs, regardless if they saw any previous star wars movies.

with us indiana jones fans, and any one who has a liking for them, we'll give the newest indy all our attention. but i don't know if it carries the same importance as it once did.

and i'd forgotten the topic almost. but yeah a little bit of spoilers won't destroy the movie.

Randy_Flagg

A senior in highschool?!! Wow... now I feel REALLY old! in 2005 I'll be eight years out of college. Am I the only Indy fan here who was a fan since Raiders was first released in theaters?

jones

Look at Road To Perdition. I think it's up to like 90 mil. And I can tell you that 99% of the audience of them was adults. There has been a lot of people who grew up with these movies an I think they'll all still see it. Even i they didn't a lot of people will still see it though. Plus all the teens who were introduced for them later on. So I have no concern on how it will do at the Box Office.

jimmi

i think it will do excellent at the box office but that wasn't what i was answering to. actually i think lucasfilm and paramount will get the hype-machine into action closer the time. but for the 10 to 12 years old now, who probably are not so obsessed with indy as we r, and who will be 13 to 15 when the film comes out may not concern themselves with all this hype and so the film may lose some of its momentum as these are not only the main audience age group, but are the primary target for an indy movie. and the road to perdition, didn't gather a lot of hype, regardless of how well it has done and that is the point i am addressing, not box office take.

[Edited by jimmi on 08-19-2002 at 11:53 pm]

bob

Besides how much is there to be spoilt really?

We already know the basic layout of the films and all we are likely to get are pictures of the exterior shooting, and name of locations. Dont forget that most of the Indy films have been filmed in sets...(about 10 miles up the road from me :) )

wested25

I hope the trailer doesnt give too much away,i see so many trailers nowadays where you can basically figure out the whole film from them.I think its a trend hollywood needs to change.It'd be good if they tried to be more secretive about films.I get the feeling nowadays they're selling the dvd's with the trailers and thats why they have too much in them.

jones

People won't see Indy 4 for the trailers, they'll see it cause it's Indiana Jones. Same thing with the Star Wars movies.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I don't know, the trailer to Crusade (the one I saw anyway) gave away that Donavon was a villain. I'd rather it didn't. So we can't be sure how much it will give away. I just hope the trailer has good Indy music, not just 1 or 2 of the themes running throughout (desert chase and ark theme, for example), and especially not modern music.

BananaJones

I hate spoilers, but now days most trailers are giving away a small spoiliage, to entice moviegoers. Guess what? according to the box office, it's sorta working. But with Lucas, I doubt he'll give away too much, but enough to entice moviegoers and us fans to reminisce the trilogy. Also to get us talking more about it.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I'm afraid trailers arn't the only forms of spoilers.

look at the AoTC action figures, anikin and Zam both have retractable hands, there were other spoilers too

BananaJones

Well, Star Wars fans knew that Anakin would lose his hand since Vader was mechanical, so it doesn't really counts as spoiler since it explains how he lose his hand. But it doesn't reveal the manner of how he lost his hand. So therefore Lucas won't go that far in terms of revealing the entire plot or subplots.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Back to the origonal topic for you newer members who just joined.

do you and will you, get spoilers for indy 4 or not?

00Kevin

Indyfan
BUMP

we've had about 15 months worth of new members, more then doubling our ranks....

you guys up for spoilers or not?