Indy 5 news 2012

Montana Smith

Moedred said:
The purpose of this thread is to salvage news from opinion. Compare and contrast quotes, fact-check rumors. Share your feelings elsewhere on the Indy 5 forum...

Stoo said:
Good luck, Moedred! This topic will probably dilapidate & rot into the usual discussion of opinions

It was inevitable!

Indy's brother said:
Maybe it kills the Indy 5 that you might want....
THATs awesome! Like raccoon claws dug into a branch a hundred feet off the ground!

WLD_01_GR0001_01_P.JPG

With Ford signing up for the role of irrascible colonel figure in Ender's Game, perhaps Indy 4 can be seen as the first in a trilogy of grumpy-old-man-meets aliens genre classics?

Indy 4
Cowboys and Aliens
Ender's Game

I fully anticipate Spielberg and Lucas to recognise this trend and announce in a decade or so that Indy 5 will see Harrison reprise the famous role, in a story that sees the gruff 80 year old archaelogist cloned by future scientists in a desperate bid to combat evil interplanetay beings shaped like burgers, called The MacGuffins. Sean Connery will be unavailable to comment on rumours that he is poised to return as Indy's dad, on account of being dead.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
THATs awesome! Like raccoon claws dug into a branch a hundred feet off the ground!

WLD_01_GR0001_01_P.JPG

Clever photography. He's really only a foot off the ground. You know, the sort of trickery Spielberg will pull to make Harrison's Indy 5 possible. :whip:

Pale Horse

Staff member
replican't said:
I fully anticipate Spielberg and Lucas to recognise this trend and announce in a decade or so that Indy 5 will see Harrison reprise the famous role, in a story that sees the gruff 80 year old archaelogist cloned by future scientists in a desperate bid to combat evil interplanetay beings shaped like burgers, called The MacGuffins. Sean Connery will be unavailable to comment on rumours that he is poised to return as Indy's dad, on account of being dead.

Post of the Decade.

IndyForever

Spielberg was in London this evening for the War Horse premiere tomorrow night Lucas is out for the Red Tails premiere in New York so hopefully in the next few days we get some more news on Indy5 progress if they get asked about it by the media that is!

Lucas will be doing a lot of Red Tails PR this coming week so we must get some update on Indy 5 otherwise neither Spielberg/Lucas will be doing any other media interviews for a longtime to come in 2012 so the next week is crucial for updates.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dunno- Odds are they'll be the same routine answers... However, the only slight hope I see from where we are at, at present is with "Red Tails" out of the way, Lucas may be more free to write and flesh out the idea or concept they have said in the past to have had. The only barrier- SW 3D re-releases.....

So, all I'm hoping fo Indy-wise is the more realistic expectation of a Bluray boxset.

Kernunnos

Routine answers aren't necessarily a bad thing. My guess is that they'd still give the routine answers even if there's a script being worked on.

"If George okays a script that Stephen and Harrison both like then... blah blah yada yada."

Until they say "Look, stop asking because there will never be another Indy movie...", then as far as I'm concerned, there's still a very good chance we'll see Harrison in that fedora another time. I think they'd all like to do it, and give Indy a better send off than Skull.

IndyForever

RaiderMitch said:
Kathleen Kennedy is out of the loop anyway few months ago she said Indy5 was dead then Spielberg revealed its not dead at all so anything she says on Indy 5 is not newsworthy.

Spielberg/Lucas are the only ones who will say anything that matters until the script is done. Now Red Tails & TPM 3D are finished expect Lucas to concentrate on Indy5 as he likes to work on 1 or 2 projects at once only.

Indy5 will be his next priority so he can stop us pesky fans from asking him about it ;)

Forbidden Eye

IndyForever said:
KSpielberg/Lucas are the only ones who will say anything that matters until the script is done. Now Red Tails & TPM 3D are finished expect Lucas to concentrate on Indy5 as he likes to work on 1 or 2 projects at once only.

Indy5 will be his next priority so he can stop us pesky fans from asking him about it ;)

Actually, Lucas will be working on Star Wars: Underworld(his live-action t.v. series). Not to mention converting the other SW films in 3D.

IndyForever

Forbidden Eye said:
Actually, Lucas will be working on Star Wars: Underworld(his live-action t.v. series). Not to mention converting the other SW films in 3D.
Producer Rick McCallum confirmed its at least 4 years away as they cannot bring the cost below $5m per episode right now so cannot afford to make that SW TV series until the costs are much cheaper using more advanced digital tools (Underworld is just a temp working title anyway). SW 3D conversions are being supervised by John Knoll of ILM Lucas has little involvement other than to ok certain 3D shots but right now the other 5 movies are on hold until TPM3D comes out next month as they want to see if 3D is still viable (its not so TPM3D is most likely the only 3D conversion as 3D is fading fast due to high cost & poor technology in theatres still. 3D HDTV will be here in 10 years all screens will have 3D built into them. Most 3D now is pseudo its not even proper stereo 3D anyway).

Lucas only has Indy 5 on his plate right now along with the Indy Bluray's project so lets hope the nostalgia trip of revisiting Indy 1-3 on Bluray gives him the inspiration for Indy 5 development. If nothing else Lucas will want to complete Indy5 to stop the hassle of when is it coming/what is the status questions!!!!

Dr. Gonzo

IndyForever said:
Spielberg/Lucas are the only ones who will say anything that matters until the script is done.

Guess what??? Spielberg is really busy for the next couple years??? You're joking... :rolleyes:

http://collider.com/steven-spielberg-lincoln-tintin-sequels-jurassic-park-4-interview/137598/

“I just finished shooting a movie about Abraham Lincoln staring Daniel Day-Lewis which I am so deeply proud of. But because I am right in the middle of the editing of Lincoln, I’m not really going to speak and talk very much about that until the time is right to talk about it. And I’m making a science fiction movie probably in September called Robopocalypse based on Daniel Wilson’s book. It’s a cautionary tale about war between human beings and robots. It’s a big crowd pleaser, I think, a big action popcorn movie with a message. The message is actually in the popcorn! You have to get the popcorn, dig down deep in the bottom and they’ll be a message about what Robopocalypse is really about! And I have a couple of other plans which I don’t want to go into because they’re too far out of the horizon. But there’s a lot of work ahead, a lot of television my company is producing for some of the networks and some of the cable outlets. So I’m busy!”

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Is this a nail in the coffin?

Sorry...I didn't "Edit" that bad word...

"Coffin" is a bad word where Indy's concerned. By the time it's done Indy 5 will have a big scene with him running through a temple dodging coffins. The term "Jumping the fridge" will be surpassed by the term "coffin dodger". It will herald a spate of movies dealing with old guys passing themselves off as younger versions of themselves.

Dr. Gonzo said:
Guess what??? Spielberg is really busy for the next couple years??? You're joking...

Must be the best news that Indy fans have had in a while. :p

Bad news for the nihilistic masochists out there.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
IndyForever said:
Producer Rick McCallum confirmed its at least 4 years away as they cannot bring the cost below $5m per episode right now so cannot afford to make that SW TV series until the costs are much cheaper using more advanced digital tools (Underworld is just a temp working title anyway). SW 3D conversions are being supervised by John Knoll of ILM Lucas has little involvement other than to ok certain 3D shots but right now the other 5 movies are on hold until TPM3D comes out next month as they want to see if 3D is still viable (its not so TPM3D is most likely the only 3D conversion as 3D is fading fast due to high cost & poor technology in theatres still. 3D HDTV will be here in 10 years all screens will have 3D built into them. Most 3D now is pseudo its not even proper stereo 3D anyway).

Lucas only has Indy 5 on his plate right now along with the Indy Bluray's project so lets hope the nostalgia trip of revisiting Indy 1-3 on Bluray gives him the inspiration for Indy 5 development. If nothing else Lucas will want to complete Indy5 to stop the hassle of when is it coming/what is the status questions!!!!

Not if Lucas really thinks the world will end this year....

Why bother working that hard if it's going to be all over soon anyway. :rolleyes:

But then, I suppose, the Falcon doesn't pay for itself.

Montana Smith

Violet said:

Why bother working that hard if it's going to be all over soon anyway. :rolleyes:

But then, I suppose, the Falcon doesn't pay for itself.

With his money at least he can afford to employ somebody to get out and push when it breaks down.

Henry W Jones

IndyForever said:
If nothing else Lucas will want to complete Indy5 to stop the hassle of when is it coming/what is the status questions!!!!

This will not be a deciding factor in my opinion. All that will happen is everyone will start hassling him about Indy 6. (when is it coming/what is the status) And I'm pretty sure he knows this.

IndyForever

Violet said:

You know that was a joke from Lucas right???

Henry W Jones said:
This will not be a deciding factor in my opinion. All that will happen is everyone will start hassling him about Indy 6. (when is it coming/what is the status) And I'm pretty sure he knows this.
Indy5 is obviously the last movie Harrison's age will make that obvious to anyone he can just about get away with it in the next few years which is how long it will take to happen. Best case scenario is filming in late 2013 early 2014 anyway !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: