My newest directing project

Maybe.Not Today

Hi everyone!

I've shared my directing projects here before and always appreciated everyones feedback. Indy was such a huge part of my childhood, it always inspires my work one way or another :D . It's been a while but I have something new to share with you.

My wife and I submitted a commercial to Doritos crash the suberbowl contest this year, and it's doing really well in the competition so far.

we can use all the views and ratings we can get to win this thing, and as always I'd really appreciate your feedback here at the Raven.

Let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/doritos?x=us-en_submissionsphase_10601_7

Lance Quazar

Really great work. This is excellent!

By the way, just the other day, someone was asking if "The adventures of anne and jack" is still available to view....

Gear

Apparently I'll have to wait 'till I have a better connection..

Last edited:

Maybe.Not Today

Thanks so much for your kind words kongisking and Lance Quazar! I can't tell you how much your support means!

I took Anne and Jack offline for the contest period to avoid spamming and such, but it will be back up soon. :D

Sorry it wasn't loading Gear, thanks for trying and let me know what you think if you get to see it!

We find out tomorrow at midnight if we are in the semifinals and I'll be sure to let everyone know.

In the mean time please watch and rate 5 Stars if you haven't gotten the chance, and help us get our big break! (y)

Lance Quazar

Full disclosure -

I gave you a 5 star vote, but I also voted 5 stars for a friend's video, which was also terrific.

(though his was shorter and more low-budget, both were exceedingly clever.)

Best of luck to you and your team! It's great work!

kongisking

Maybe.Not Today said:
UPDATE: We are now rated the second most watched commercial out of thousands and thousands of entries!

Thank you all for your support here at the Raven!:whip:

Semifinalists are announced tonight, so please watch and rate and help us follow our dreams!:D

https://www.youtube.com/doritos?x=us-en_submissionsphase_10601_7

And I love hearing your feedback, so keep letting me know what you think back here at the raven!

Lordy, second most watched? Congrats! I'm in the cyberpresence of a celebrity!

Gear

Maybe.Not Today, I wish you the best of luck! However, I click on the links you posted and it takes me to the "Most Recent" page with the "Good Thoughts" video. I click on "Most Viewed", but don't see yours (which I assume is Indy inspired). What am I doing wrong, here?

kongisking

Gear said:
Maybe.Not Today, I wish you the best of luck! However, I click on the links you posted and it takes me to the "Most Recent" page with the "Good Thoughts" video. I click on "Most Viewed", but don't see yours (which I assume is Indy inspired). What am I doing wrong, here?

The one I saw was with the wave of Doritos. That was Maybe's, right?

Gear

Maybe.Not Today said:
Indy was such a huge part of my childhood, it always inspires my work one way or another :D .

Ok, sorry, this line threw me off a bit. Also, it showed some big ad (not Wave of Doritos) when viewed on mobile, then wouldn't load anything else. Just making sure. . . Shut up, guys. . .

Watched it a few times just now. (y) Gave it a 5*. It looks very professional (no, not just saying that to flatter you. Calm down, director), and that shot with the cat getting snatched by the bag is great. Maybe., have you got a cameo in there?

Maybe.Not Today

Hey Gear!

I definitely see how that comment was confusing. sorry about that!

Thank you for your kind words! And thanks for your rating, your support means a lot! I actually do have a cameo, haha. I'm the guy sitting on the couch, who later falls off the roof :)

off topic: great avatar! Katanga was always one of my favorite characters!

Gear

Maybe.Not Today said:
I actually do have a cameo, haha. I'm the guy sitting on the couch, who later falls off the roof

Nice touch. Always a treat when directors do that. :)

If you actually fell off a roof, that's some dedication to your art. Heh.

off topic: great avatar! Katanga was always one of my favorite characters!

Yeah, he played a small but instrumental roll with little back story, which is what makes him an interesting minor character. It makes for a unique avie here on the boards.

I'm happy to help. Again, best of luck to you!