Feminazi

Eric Solo

I had a date with a doctor last week. She is a pediatric pulmonologist. Also found out why she is single: Hey! Knock this chip off my shoulder! She griped about how most men who want to have kids (I am one) ACTUALLY want the woman to have the kid and the men just want to "help." As if we have the option of having the kid ourselves. Women are specially made to take care of kids. The evidence is partially visible thanks to your low cut shirt. Sue me. Don't get me wrong. I believe parenting should be a true equal partnership and my job isn't any MORE important than hers, but ask yourself why women always (almost, Britney) get custody of kids after a divorce. Women supposedly are better equipped to take care of children. Moving on...

Finn

Staff member
Eric Solo said:
I believe parenting should be a true equal partnership and my job isn't any MORE important than hers, but ask yourself why women always (almost, Britney) get custody of kids after a divorce. Women supposedly are better equipped to take care of children.
There's actually a statistical mistake there. "Only" 55% of the custody cases that go in the court end up in favor of the mother. But since it's a common believe that mothers will win these cases forthright most fathers just give up before the thing goes to the judge. Other reason could be that it's not rather healthy for the kid to see mommy and daddy go at each other like that.

To the rest of your rant, I can symphatize. Sorry hon, but biology's a b****.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nothing further to add other than my sympathies...that kind of activist/Leftist/whateverist temperament really grates on my nerves, especially when considering that if you take just a slightly broader look at it, those are the people I actually am more likely to agree with.

ReggieSnake

It is sad really, the state of families in America...I think in the end it probably comes down most often to a matter of selfishness on somebody's part.

AngieAki

LOL. WTF?

I am a feminist and I think ladies like that are what give us all a bad name.

This is slightly off topic but I hate it when "feminists" get angry with women who choose to give up careers and be full-time moms. Women can be educated and have careers. Women are now able to be independent of their husbands and not dependent on anyone else (unless they so choose). But that doesn't mean they have to leave motherhood behind or still work! The beauty of it is that they can choose to be moms, to work full time, or to do both.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I agree with AngieAki. Besides a huge pet peeve of mine is talking about white picket fences on the first date (or first few dates, when you barely know the person) and something I personally try to avoid alongside discussions of past relationships and why they failed. A gal does that, don't bother. If guy does that, don't bother. Both are discussions that will come up eventually and perhaps one would change their mind later on the matters of family because of the person they're with.