General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Texas

I bet Lucas/Spielberg told Shia to not say anything in regards to Indy 5 while he's out promoting Wall Street.

kevster

Texas said:
I bet Lucas/Spielberg told Shia to not say anything in regards to Indy 5 while he's out promoting Wall Street.

Well it looks you're right about that! lol.. I expected some Indy 5 questions for him, but nothing :(

Pale Horse

Staff member
Wouldn't it be funny....

If we see an aging Indiana Jones, incognito, venturing into a Drive-In with his son, only to watch his exploits play out on the screen.

What a way to re-introduce/re-boot the series.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
If we see an aging Indiana Jones, incognito, venturing into a Drive-In with his son, only to watch his exploits play out on the screen.

What a way to re-introduce/re-boot the series.

Could work. I remember a few of us getting into the Indy noir notion of him watching an over-the-top, badly done version of one of his adventures on the screen, flask in hand. This would surely but the updated version of the notion.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Could work. I remember a few of us getting into the Indy noir notion of him watching an over-the-top, badly done version of one of his adventures on the screen, flask in hand. This would surely but the updated version of the notion.

I can imagine Indy sneering at the screen every five minutes, quipping, "It wasn't like that at all..."

The rest of the audience would be telling him, in no uncertain terms, to keep quiet as he's ruining the film.

Dr. Gonzo

Paramount logo dissolve to:
An older paramount logo dissolve to:
a mountain
We pull back to reveal Indy watching himself on the big screen taking a few snorts from a flask, groaning. Other members of the audience shhhh as he complains under his breath.

I actually dig that idea.

Goonie

I've been pondering what I'd like to see: a possible story arc that spans two movies. In the first part Indy tracks down a minor mcguffin which is needed to find the much more important mcguffin at the end of the 6th movie. This way Indy would have 6 movies to match Star Wars, and I'd be happy. And if they want to spinoff the Adventures of Mutt Jones afterwards, then ok.

Indy's brother

Goonie said:
Indy would have 6 movies to match Star Wars, and I'd be happy. And if they want to spinoff the Adventures of Mutt Jones afterwards, then ok.

I don't care how they play it, or what they do afterwards. 2ND TRILOGY!!! (y)

The question is what is the status of Indy5 compared to the status of KOTCS in late September 2006? KOTCS wasn't a go for sure until right after Christmas 2006, a few months before that as I recall there was a lot of talk but nothing definitive. We didn't have the title of KOTCS until September 2007 well into filming, the McGuffin or even the plot wasn't pegged down to us for certain until filming began. We knew nothing but rumors about who would be in the film as far as secondary characters were concerned during the entire year of 2006. The only main difference is that Indy4 was in the rumor mill/development phase for a much longer period of time than Indy5.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't we pretty much at the same level of confirmed development we were at four years ago and thus that could be considered a good sign for Indy5 to be filmed next summer for a 2012 release?

Hanselation

chicago103 said:
The question is what is the status of Indy5 compared to the status of KOTCS in late September 2006? KOTCS wasn't a go for sure until right after Christmas 2006, a few months before that as I recall there was a lot of talk but nothing definitive. We didn't have the title of KOTCS until September 2007 well into filming, the McGuffin or even the plot wasn't pegged down to us for certain until filming began. We knew nothing but rumors about who would be in the film as far as secondary characters were concerned during the entire year of 2006. The only main difference is that Indy4 was in the rumor mill/development phase for a much longer period of time than Indy5.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't we pretty much at the same level of confirmed development we were at four years ago and thus that could be considered a good sign for Indy5 to be filmed next summer for a 2012 release?

YES, if they're right now really working in secret. But if nothing happens at this time, Indy 4 will be the last Indiana Jones movie with HF.

Mungi

chicago103 said:

You could also say we are pretty much at the same level as eight years ago.;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Folks, we probably haven't yet reached the point of nearly fifteen years ago, when the first draft scripts of Saucermen from Mars were happening. So who knows.

Dr. Gonzo

chicago103 said:

No, there is a difference between then and now. Confirmation of several writers being hired and then let go. Previous drafts were written. We were notified by the trade magazines and news websites whenever a new writer was hired. Stuart, Boam, Darabont, Nathanson and finally Keopp.

Attila is right, no writer has even been hired yet. They don't keep those things secret. Especially when it is a world beloved franchise. We'll find out when something really happens, until then it's just George tinkering with ideas in his office.