George Lucas Should DIE at the end of the 4th Movie

Coldfyre

I agree with you, Temple of John. I think the reason Lucas doesn't like Darabont's script is more along the lines of "not enough poop jokes, CGI effects or Willie" rather than "not worthy of being an Indy movie". Lucas has clearly abandoned common sense, taste and talent with the Star Wars prequels, and unless Episode III turns out to be VERY good, I'm not about to trust his judgment of Indy 4's script.

monkey

I just want to say a few words about George Lucas.

He is one of the most creative artists in the history of the motion picture industry.

He created INDIANA JONES! Who I think is one of the greatest characters ever in the history of fiction.

He created Star Wars. Arguably the most famous motion picture ever.

I was never really a big Star Wars fan, and still am not, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the movies. They were great! And I've seen Episode 1 and 2. They were different from the originals trilogy, but that's because it's been more than twenty years since those movies were made. This is a new era of movie making. I thought Episode 1 and 2 were great.

Just my opinion, but I think the Lucas bashing on this forum is getting a little out of hand, and it isn't fair.

LASTCRUSADER

I think we have to remember that we do not know what is going through GL's mind. We don't know his reasons for delaying the project and not being satisfied with the script. For all we know he could be creating the best Indy flick out of the franchise and just wants it to be as close to perfect as possible. Hopefully these delays only mean good thing for Indy IV.

Coldfyre

monkey said:
I just want to say a few words about George Lucas.

He is one of the most creative artists in the history of the motion picture industry.

He created INDIANA JONES! Who I think is one of the greatest characters ever in the history of fiction.

He created Star Wars. Arguably the most famous motion picture ever.

I was never really a big Star Wars fan, and still am not, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the movies. They were great! And I've seen Episode 1 and 2. They were different from the originals trilogy, but that's because it's been more than twenty years since those movies were made. This is a new era of movie making. I thought Episode 1 and 2 were great.

Just my opinion, but I think the Lucas bashing on this forum is getting a little out of hand, and it isn't fair.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate what Lucas has done in the past. He's created some amazing things, and I'll always be grateful to him for that. But I think it's pretty obvious that he's lost his touch recently, to put it mildly. I mean, come on. Jar-Jar. How could ANYONE with a lick of common sense think Jar-Jar was a good idea? I know the Lucas who created Indy was a great man, but the Lucas who created Jar-Jar is like a totally different person, and unless he regains what he's lost, I don't trust his opinion of the Indy 4 script.

Fisk, I hope you're right about Lucas listening to fan complaints and regaining some of his sanity. I have to admit that Episode 2, though (in my opinion) nowhere near the quality of the original trilogy, was much better than Episode 1, so maybe he is learning.

Coldfyre

Renderking Fisk said:
Coldfyre:

I dont' mind telling you and the rest of the guys this... what makes you think that the OT was really any good? They were great CINEMA but they weren't great FILM. We're talking about movies that were made to be fun and when we frist saw them when we were children and had a diffrent mindset.

I believe that when Episode III is released, the first two will be in better context.

I agree with your statement about them being great cinema rather than great film... they're, well... fluffy. Even The Empire Strikes Back wasn't very deep or emotional compared to a FILM movie like Casablanca or Citizen Kane. I think Indy (at least Raiders) is somewhere in between, with lots of fun action and jokes, but emotion as well. Compare Han Solo and Indiana Jones, and it's pretty obvious which character has more depth and complexity. I guess what worries me is how I felt about the prequels compared to the original trilogy... the original trilogy was watchable several times over. Episode 1 made me never want to see it again (except the lightsaber battle), and Episode 2 left me completely indifferent and apathetic. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I don't think nostalgia really explains this difference for me. I think it's the quality of the movies. So my reasoning is, if Lucas can't even do the light, fluffy stuff as well anymore, it's pretty unlikely he'll be able to do something deeper, and the new Indy movie will feel hollow, full of goofy jokes and lacking the romance, adventure and supernatural awe that made Raiders so great. I hope you're right though... I really respect most of Lucas' past work, I realize everyone makes mistakes, and if he's really listening to what fans want, maybe it will turn out okay.

Tennessee R

I thought this was a joke thread, to poke fun at Indy 4. And I don't think it was intended for a "Put down Lucas" thread. Why can't we make 00Kevin happy, and stop arguing about Lucas in a joke thread?

philhos

What we all need to remember is that the prequels are supposed to setup the Original Trilogy. Thus, Episode 1 focused more on the political drama and almost forced some action so it wouldn't be boring to some. Episode 2 is showing more of how Anakin could succumb to the Dark Side and how and why the Jedi Council's inability to stop the Sith from taking over.

My point is the prequels are different movies than the Original Trilogy - different in styles, types, etc.

Personally, I liked the prequels and am looking forward to Episode 3. I also think that some of the prequel-haters only hate the movies 'cause other people hate the movies. When Titanic first came out, no one I knew liked the movie. After about a week or so, all of a sudden Titanic is a huge hit and everyone's saying good things and all of a sudden, I can't find anyone who hates the movie. A similar thing is happening here, in my opinion. The prequels are getting a lot of bad press and is put down by a lot of people, so now a majority of people hate the prequels.

Methinks there is a connection.

Indyologist

Whoa-- you guys need to chill out and lighten up. Don't make me unfurl my whip! Sheesh, y'all have a case of cinematic PMS! :rolleyes:

IAdventurer01

At opening day of Indy 4, Lucas walked across the street and was run over by a car driven by the voice actor of JAR JAR! HAHAHA!

(well, I tried)

Webley

and whene the voice actor got out of his car to see if Lucas was ok he was run over buy a bus full of Raveners on thare way to see Jones4 to

philhos

Renderking Fisk said:
On the Jar-Jar Binks issue that I skipped over- He?s supposed to be an idiot that?s over his head. When Binks was filling in for Padme` and voted for an Army of the Republic? something she was clearly against: it became very clear what Lucas was going and where he was going with this.

What?s clear from the beginning: EVERYONE besides a select few are being manipulated by Palpatine. The Jedi are manipulated, the senate, the clone makers. The only one who doesn?t seem to be manipulated is Bail Organa.

I saw Phantom Menace with someone who had never seen a Star Wars movie before and on the way out he couldn?t shut up about the flick. He said that it was amazing that Lucas could make an entertaining political drama with a lot of hidden message.

Before I go any further: Phantom Menace and Attack of The Clones a better movie. I mean... come on: Ewoks?

I can't STAND the Ewoks!! I almost always fast forward that part of the movie; even the action sequence with the AT-ST!!

Joe Brody

Aaron H said:
You mean Jedi Master "Super Grover" Yoda?

Exactly. And with the exception of his first fight scene, Yoda's increased role in the prequels has to rank as one of the all-time great anti-climax's.

roundshort

Hell yea Dakota, Star Wars was/ is great but come the acting, ugh, Who really wants to hear Lukes whinning or Carrie Fisher bitching, No moive, like life is perfect, and RotLA and Caddyshak, maybe Big Lebowski are the closet movies to perfection.

Boy, I'm gonna hear it for this one . . .