TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #551
Duaner
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Of all the suggestions that have ever been tossed around for this, Karl Urban is the one that would get my vote. I think he has that same charm that Harrison Ford had in his prime. Michael Fassbender would not be terrible either. Chris Pratt? I have mixed feelings about that one.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #552
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Would it actually be stupid to contemplate casting for a gender-flipped Indy, given how popular those Hunger Games have become, and how Disney's still hellbent on defying its reputation for flat, generic and stereotyped female characters?

Lena Heady, perhaps?



Someone with better photo-editing abilities than me should turn that jacket brown and smoosh an Indy fedora on her head to see how it looks.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #553
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Would it actually be stupid to contemplate casting for a gender-flipped Indy, given how popular those Hunger Games have become, and how Disney's still hellbent on defying its reputation for flat, generic and stereotyped female characters?

Lena Heady, perhaps?



Someone with better photo-editing abilities than me should turn that jacket brown and smoosh an Indy fedora on her head to see how it looks.

When I saw you mention 'gender-flipped Indy' and 'Hunger Games' I half expected to see you mention Jennifer Lawrence here. I know she's the current Hollywood 'IT' Girl and perhaps I would not be so surprised.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #554
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
When I saw you mention 'gender-flipped Indy' and 'Hunger Games' I half expected to see you mention Jennifer Lawrence here. I know she's the current Hollywood 'IT' Girl and perhaps I would not be so surprised.

Hey, be grateful I didn't suggest the other actress.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #555
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 5,910
Um...NO...
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #556
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 3,911
Most of this thread is just a Google image search for who Ford "totally looked like" when he was forty (assuming the movie franchise would reboot in the exact same era). Well, 25 years ago Spy Magazine concluded in its "Separated at Birth" feature that Ford resembles Will Rogers.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #557
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Would it actually be stupid to contemplate casting for a gender-flipped Indy,
Yes, that would be stupid. Might as well change her racial background & sexual preference while you're at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
(assuming the movie franchise would reboot in the exact same era)
Indiana Jones movies aren't a franchise, though (even with the Disney purchase). They aren't now & never have been.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #558
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Hey, be grateful I didn't suggest the other actress.

Now you have me morbidly curious as to which other actress you are referring to. Maybe I would rather not know...
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #559
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Yes, that would be stupid. Might as well change her racial background & sexual preference while you're at it.

Well, I'm an expert on stupid things. Just ask Finn!

Pale, if your intention was to make those ladies look even more appealing to me, given my love affair with the fedora, then you succeeded flawlessly.

And TheFedora, if you be brave enough, go on a quest through the archives of my posts, and you'll see I have a well-documented, likely infamous affection for one actress. I'll be waiting for you outside the cave with a band of Hovitos. :P

Last edited by kongisking : 09-18-2014 at 10:04 PM.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #560
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521


She's packing a Webley and a bullwhip under the fur coat.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #561
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith


She's packing a Webley and a bullwhip under the fur coat.

I saw that, and then I was thinking of that scene she has with Jennifer Lawrence in the movie.

KongisKing...I went though your posts and couldn't find it. I think the giant stone ball got me.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #562
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
I saw that, and then I was thinking of that scene she has with Jennifer Lawrence in the movie.

Indiana Jones gets kissed by a girl:



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
KongisKing...I went though your posts and couldn't find it. I think the giant stone ball got me.

And you were so, so close to the answer.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #563
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 160
A female Indy with Jennifer Lawrence as her Marion! Or considering how antagonistic they are in -that movie- Maybe she can be Elsa to her Indy?

I am sure that KongisKing will show up to enlighten us soon enough... Or he will throw me to the Hovitos for not being overly thorough.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #564
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Montana Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Lena Heady, perhaps?

And so close to losing the eye as well.





Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
I am sure that KongisKing will show up to enlighten us soon enough... Or he will throw me to the Hovitos for not being overly thorough.

The Hovitos are getting itchy feet.

But you'll kick yourself.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #565
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
I am sure that KongisKing will show up to enlighten us soon enough... Or he will throw me to the Hovitos for not being overly thorough.

You looked at the wrong posts. This time it will cost you!

*makes the weird noise Belloq did to sic the Hotivos on Indy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Indiana Jones gets kissed by a girl

Old crush, meet new crush.

Though I really like Kristen Bell right now too...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #566
TheFedora
IndyFan
 
TheFedora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 160
*runs through the jungles towards my biplane while being chased by hovitos*

Guess I did pick the wrong posts.

In the words of the grail knight. I have chosen...poorly.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #567
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
*runs through the jungles towards my biplane while being chased by hovitos*

Guess I did pick the wrong posts.

In the words of the grail knight. I have chosen...poorly.

Hey, there's always time to try again. It's a long way to Delhi...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #568
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan
 
Indy1Jones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 155
I'm Not all for that Indy has to be male in the movies.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #569
kongisking
IndyFan
 
kongisking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Skull Island
Posts: 2,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1Jones2
I'm Not all for that Indy has to be male in the movies.

It was really more of a change of pace than a serious idea. I just enjoy those kinds of crazy hypothetical scenarios.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #570
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan
 
Indy1Jones2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
It was really more of a change of pace than a serious idea. I just enjoy those kinds of crazy hypothetical scenarios.

Oh ok I see.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.