New Acquisitions!!

james2094

Burke said:
Fantastic! I just ordered one from StarWarsShop.com.

I've been looking for a nice Indy piece that was classy and would go with multiple decors.

Shame on the shipping cost, though. Almost half the total cost of the statue!

I wanted to order one but the cost to send to New Zealand was phenomenal. I think from memory it was the same as the cost of the statue. But the price some people have been quoted its seems i was getting a good deal.

Montana Smith

That is one very classy statue. :)

I would presume that it was bronze plated resin. There was a company in the UK called Heredities that used this process to create very realistic-looking statues of animals. They look just like bronze, though are warmer to touch.

The write-up on Play.com, though, says the following: "An Indiana Jones Shop Exclusive. This is, hands down, the Indy piece to own. When the sculpt for this magnificent statue was unveiled last year, fans and collectors knew it was something special. Gentle Giant has now taken the artistry one step further with a shared exclusive bronze-plated edition - that's bronze-plated, not bronze-finished - elevating this collectible to a whole new level of desirability. By being plated in real bronze, each piece can take on an individual patina, which will only grow more beautiful with age."

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets...ed-Indiana-Jones-On-Horse-Statue/Product.html

Play.com have a painted version for £99.99 delivered.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets...es-Indiana-Jones-On-Horse-Statue/Product.html

The bronzed one doesn't appear to be available, as there's no 'Buy it' button.

This statue of Indy on horseback reminds me of the very expensive wild west-inspired bronzes, of cowboys and native Americans in action poses that grace the rooms of places like Skywalker Ranch. So this one shouldn't look out of place anywhere either.

Matt

Last edited:

Stoo

ROB98374 said:
The last item was found by me in a 6 year old computer box. I can't remember when or where I bought these magazines.
DSCF3070.jpg
What the HELL are these?:confused: Even though the photo is a bit blurry, I can see US and Canada on the side. Are they the full stories are just halves? I don't see the Dark Horse logo anywhere so who published them? That makes *3* versions of the Young Indy comic!

Also, thanks a lot for answering my question about the "Military Sketching and Map Reading" book, Rob:hat: ...and, I agree, that's a really classy statue of Indy on the horse.

ROB98374

Stoo said:
What the HELL are these?:confused: Even though the photo is a bit blurry, I can see US and Canada on the side. Are they the full stories are just halves? I don't see the Dark Horse logo anywhere so who published them? That makes *3* versions of the Young Indy comic!

Also, thanks a lot for answering my question about the "Military Sketching and Map Reading" book, Rob:hat: ...and, I agree, that's a really classy statue of Indy on the horse.

I have not read them yet, but they do say Dark Horse Comics and Hollywood Comics on the back.
On the inside cover it says (in small print) Disney's Cartoon Tales.

Indyclone25 might know more about them.
I see he has all three. (and his photo is in focus) ;)
mygoodies005.jpg

indyclone25

yes they are are published by hollywood comics --- which was a division of disney back in the nineties , don't know if they are still around ? i havent read them in awhile i will have to check on them to see if they are the complete story,

just checked the books yes they are complete stories about 48-50 pges in length

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:
That makes *3* versions of the Young Indy comic!
Sounds like they're reprints of Dark Horse issues 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6.
What's the other version, was it a reprint also?

monkey man

I got my 12" German Indy today too.

Plus = the face sculpt and paint aps are nice on mine. A little better likeness although I like the Raiders Indy too.

Minus = The shirt color is off. Seems to be the same problem Medicom Young Indy had. Don't they have that color in China?
I wish the hat came off or they gave us another hatless head like the Raiders Indy. The back half of RPG seems short.

I like this figure. Not sorry I got it.

Never found the Hasbro version. The face sculpt alone makes this a lot better than Hasbros for me.

Stoo

ROB98374 said:
I have not read them yet, but they do say Dark Horse Comics and Hollywood Comics on the back.
On the inside cover it says (in small print) Disney's Cartoon Tales.

Indyclone25 might know more about them.
I see he has all three. (and his photo is in focus) ;)
indyclone25 said:
yes they are are published by hollywood comics --- which was a division of disney back in the nineties , don't know if they are still around ? i havent read them in awhile i will have to check on them to see if they are the complete story,

just checked the books yes they are complete stories about 48-50 pges in length
THE RAVEN ROCKS! Thanks a lot for the info guys. Just as I suspected. (Now that I think of it, I did see that picture from your collection, indyclone, and forgot to ask you about 'em.)

@Rob, yes, much better focus.;)
Moedred said:
Sounds like they're reprints of Dark Horse issues 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6.
What's the other version, was it a reprint also?
It's also a Hollywood Comics publication (with both HC and Dark Horse logos on the front). I've only seen #2 and it's the same story but the cover artwork is completely different from this and more like the regular series. I'll have to invesigate the Yound Indy board to see if there's anymore about these.

Just checked this thread: Vintage Young Indy Merchandise and indyclone has 2 of them.

Last edited:

monkey man

Sideshow Freaks is reporting that the cap comes off of German Indy and the fedora from Raiders Indy fits for an alternative head sculpt. I didn't open mine yet so I can't confirm it.
Great news for me. Now I really like this figure.

Goonie

Stoo said:
It's also a Hollywood Comics publication (with both HC and Dark Horse logos on the front). I've only seen #2 and it's the same story but the cover artwork is completely different from this and more like the regular series. I'll have to invesigate the Yound Indy board to see if there's anymore about these.

Just checked this thread: Vintage Young Indy Merchandise and indyclone has 2 of them.

I've got that alternate cover Search for the Oryx as well, the one that came in the two issue set.

Rhys135

I got the Bronze Plated Indy on Horse statue today. It's very nice, and it's the only piece from my collection that my mum would be happy to have in the living room :p

ROB98374

Rhys135 said:
I got the Bronze Plated Indy on Horse statue today. It's very nice, and it's the only piece from my collection that my mum would be happy to have in the living room :p

It is a very nice bronze statue. I like it!

Got the store counter display for the Young Indy pocket knife today.
DSCF3095.jpg
DSCF3096.jpg

lao che & sons

ROB98374 said:
Does it have pictures from all 4 movies or what does it have?

It's got all 4 movies and its got scenes from all four. Like for example for feb. there is the club obi wan scene... it shows the club obi wan from outside, a picture of Indy in tux (black and white) and the antidote vial and Nurhachi. Each month is like a colage... I wish I could scan it but I don't have my scanner software installed yet:( I recommend it(y)

lao che & sons

I got some awesome Indy/non Indy movie posters... Raiders of the lost Ark (with the tan background) and "From the creators of Jaws and Star wars" at the top:D . And the non Indy's but still Lucas (I hope I can post this) Star Wars half sheet, and an Original American Graffiti Poster from 1973!:D

Burke

Received my Indiana Jones on Horse bronze-plated statue yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed.

I didn't know that it came in two parts, for one. That kind of cheapens it a bit, at least in my eyes.

Worse, though, is that mine is numbered "PROMO/500". The "PROMO" is handwritten. I believe several others have gotten the same thing, which tells me these aren't as "rare" as the run of 500 makes them out to be. Has anyone gotten one with an actual number?

ROB98374

Burke said:
I didn't know that it came in two parts, for one. That kind of cheapens it a bit, at least in my eyes.
Once you put it together, you can't tell it was ever in two parts. There would be a greater chance of something breaking during shipping/unpacking if it was all one piece.
Plus it gets a better bronzing, I think.

Burke said:
Worse, though, is that mine is numbered "PROMO/500". The "PROMO" is handwritten. I believe several others have gotten the same thing, which tells me these aren't as "rare" as the run of 500 makes them out to be. Has anyone gotten one with an actual number?
I also got one marked with PROMO. I ended up returning it and buying 4 that were numbered. I like numbered items better also.
But now I am wishing I would have kept the PROMO one also, since there are probably not as many as the numbered ones!