DVD Mishaps?

Johan

Are there any things on the DVD's you noticed could have been done better. The biggest one I noticed is the fact that they removed the reflection of the snake on the glass (ROTLA) when indy fell into the pit, but the reflection shows when Marion falls into the pit. I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't look a few seconds further at this.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I hold that it was filmed a certain way, and in a way that accurately reflects the spirit of the serials that the Indiana Jones films are based upon. As such, the artists who created the film ought to keep it as it is, especially since it has since become a recognized piece of American art.

Joe Brody

Since we're in the digital age, I'm in favor of the clean-up. I'm guessing that the glare would have been too much of a distraction if left alone.

[Jokingly] . . . .and Attilla, on the 'nicer' property issue that you allude to, I respect the right of any American artist to go back and alter a work that remains his/her intellectual property. 'Raiders' isn't in the public domain, yet . . . .

[IndyJohan, would this thread be better captioned 'DVD Miscues'? I read the title and thought it was going to be about a defective disc or perhaps some unorthodox use of a DVD.]

I

Indy's_main_man

It's not like the glass was supposed to show. It was a screw up. Now that they can, they'll fix it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Since we're in the digital age, I'm in favor of the clean-up. I'm guessing that the glare would have been too much of a distraction if left alone.

[Jokingly] . . . .and Attilla, on the 'nicer' property issue that you allude to, I respect the right of any American artist to go back and alter a work that remains his/her intellectual property. 'Raiders' isn't in the public domain, yet . . . .

Yeah, I know it's still their intellectual property. But, I think they ought to consider that it's a respected work of art, before making any changes. A little bit. ;)

Seriously though, any old serial worth it's salt would have had an accidental reflection or two like that. ;)

swords

I'll lean in both directions. If its a error like the glass reflection, then Im all for it. But if your whole perception of the movie fluctuate from simple to extreme, than there is cause to be up in arms.

Tequileros

Renderking Fisk said:
How dare they not check with us before releasing the DVDs!

Because when they do bring out a movie with those mishaps people would get all frustrated because they see those mishaps.

There are differences between a regular viewer and a fan. And a regular viewer is more commercial intresting then a fan. Sorry but that's life.

And no this is not because you are Fisk that i'm saying this.

I

Indy's_main_man

I think Fisk was saying that a bit sarcastically...(Fisk tell me if I'm wrong).

It just sounded, to me, a bit tongue in cheek about how people would obsess about a small detail in a fictional film that had no effect on the story whatsoever and wasn't meant to be there in the first place.

Don't get me wrong..I love these movies...but remember you control them...don't let them control you.

Indyologist

Attila the Professor said:
I hold that it was filmed a certain way, and in a way that accurately reflects the spirit of the serials that the Indiana Jones films are based upon. As such, the artists who created the film ought to keep it as it is, especially since it has since become a recognized piece of American art.

Beautiful observation. Indy is, in fact, a piece of art!

matthiassatlure

well, you know the scene listing on the paper inside the inside cover of the DVD? Well, I noticed that in the Last Crusade one, there was one scene spelled "archeology lesson". YES, archaeology was really spelled as "archeology"...Hmmm.

Finn

Staff member
Hey, same spelling mistake repeated in the "select scene" -menu on the disc itself too. Do they want to peck us fans off in purpose?

Johan

maybe they could have been a bit more paticular on a movie which has very HIGH expectations

Finn

Staff member
But hasn't it still been... what? The most succesful movie box set ever released?

Johan

That's not because of the quality of the DVD's...that's because of the Movie the DVD"s are on. They did a pretty good job...They're just not PERFECT

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
matthiassatlure said:
well, you know the scene listing on the paper inside the inside cover of the DVD? Well, I noticed that in the Last Crusade one, there was one scene spelled "archeology lesson". YES, archaeology was really spelled as "archeology"...Hmmm.
Commonly misspelled. I've had a teacher "correct" my spelling, only for me to point it out that she was wrong.:)