Ford - Better as Indy or Han?

M

Methos

Some of you must have an opinion on whether Ford was better at being Han Solo or Indiana Jones??

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm, I would have to say he is better as Jones. Just because he doesn't change throughout the movies like in Star Wars. (But he does a great job as Han in The Empire Srikes Back)

Col. Musgrove

He's no doubt better known as Han. I think he does better at Jones. You have to admit, if he were asked now to reprise Han Solo, he'd say no, but he'd be more willing to be Jones.

Indy Canuck

toughie...kinda

I guess it all comes down to which one is your favourite character. Are you a SW or an Indy fanatic?

Ford is best recognized as Jones, and is probably the best role of his career. IMHO he was better at Jones. Although Solo was the tough, cool rogue character in the first SW film, realistically anyone could have pulled that one off, but from the start, Ford made Indy HIS character.

They're both great in my book, though.

R

rbjardio

Han or Indy?

If you ask me, any role Ford would do he would, with all his effort, give justice to the role... in the first place John Travolta was the first choice for Han Solo and Tom Seleck (is my spelling right?)is the first choice for Indy.

Robert

Webley

Indy all the way!
Now what if Dr. Jones and Mr Solo came to blows. I bet if it was whith guns Han would blast Indy away but thats gest caus I think Han is a better shot. If it was man to man no guns or anything Jones would punch the crap out of that space jocky and let him cry for his mommy.

fatima

Webley said:

If it was man to man no guns or anything Jones would punch the crap out of that space jocky and let him cry for his mommy.

LOL I agree!
My answer goes to Indy, is much more complex than Solo, has a bigger charisma and thrilles me much more than Han.

intergamer

Indy is Harrison's character - he shaped it, made Indy like himself; Han is more George Lucas' character.

Also, Indy is more developed than Han - since there are three movies exclusively about Indy.

Does Harrison act better in Star Wars or Indiana Jones? I'd say its a tossup. But the Indy character is better, and definitely a better vehicle for Harrison.

[Edited by intergamer on 11-17-2003 at 03:49 pm]

Winston

Indeed

intergamer, I could not agree more with what you just said.
And yes, I think Ford does act better as Indy. If you can call it acting, the indy films seem more like documentories on a day in the life of Harrison Ford. Ford IS Indy!

jamie

Indy by far. Indy has much more character and charisma then Han and his character is much more developed. But thats only natural since Han wasnt even the main character in Star Wars.

While we're on the topic, in Temple Of Doom when Indy chases a couple of Thugee guards, only run into a large group of them and is chased back, do you think this was an homage to Star Wars when the exact same thing happens to han after he chases some Stormtroopers?

Jim

intergamer

hmm, thats interesting: i saw star wars first, and when I saw the ToD scene it looked familiar, but i never could figure out where I saw it before.

westford

Don't make me choose!!!

I prefer the Indy films to the Star Wars films, but I think I maybe like Solo's character more than Jones... Only very slightly though. There are moments when the two overlap, in spite of all the attempts to keep the two characters completely different, so could I have a bit of both please? :p ;)