Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Indy's brother

INT CHICKEN COOP, NIGHT: Indy's brother happens upon Rocket Surgeon, who is stomping on eggs with no small amount of glee. A few feathers comically adorn his head and shoulders. As IB approaches, Rocket spins around.

Rocket Surgeon
Not so fast, IB...Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus.​

On the word "is", Rocket catches and egg in his hand, which has fallen into his hand via a Rube Goldberg-esque sequence in the background. With lightening speed, Indy's brother stuffs his dollar bill back into his pocket. Rocket goes back to stomping.

End scene.

Stoo

Evidence of Unseen Filmed Footage

O.K....This has no bearing on the egg catch but it DOES show that scenes from the plane scene were filmed and then were CUT (and/or covered up) during the final the editing stage...

Details show that she was originally filmed going towards the rear of the plane but the shots were edited to make it seem as if she headed directly towards the cockpit...

A = Look at Willie...She goes STRAIGHT to the cockpit...to the front of the plane. How was she SURE that, "They're all gone"?:confused: She never checked behind the door in the rear (where Indy changed into his 'lion tamer' clothes...and she, herself, changed into Indy's tuxedo). How could she pass the place where she was sleeping if she want straight to the front of the plane?:whip:

Egg_Willie_01_A.jpg

B = Look at Willie...She heads toward the REAR of the plane!...She was at the back door and saw the pilots parachuting out. On her way to the cockpit, she passes the place where she was sleeping. This is why she KNEW that, "They're all gone.":whip:

Egg_Willie_01_B.jpg

The Drifter

Stoo said:
Well, last night I re-watched, "The Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck" again and there is NO egg-catch scene in it. Just as I thought. (Out of curiosity, Drifter, what forum did you ask on?)

Funnily enough, there are a few chicken references in the film:
1) Tennessee Buck gets thrown into a chicken coop during a fight.
2) One of the characters uses the expression, "egg on my face".
3) The movie was released by Astral Films and their logo is a rooster!
I'd also like to bring your (and everyone else's) attention to 4 other details but will do so accompanied by a photo analysis. I just took a whack of screengrabs!
Waiting patiently (to shoot it down). Instead of typing the article out, can you scan it? A scan or photo would help prove that it's real.:p

My apologies for replying to this so late, Stoo.
Good eye on those chicken references! But, to answer your question (you're gonna slap me for this one!), I asked in the film section at GameFAQs! I know, I know. Of all places, huh? ;)

Stoo

Rocket Sugeon said:
In the extra they have a side line interview with Mike Culling which I will post here in it's entirety. In the mean while Culling mentions ALL the POULTRY used were ROOSTERS and not HENS. They discuss the differences and difficulties of both on set and remark about distinguishing them by the Rooster's extra spur...
See the image below...NOT "all the poultry used were roosters". Do these chickens look like roosters? NO! Where are the rooster tails? They are hens (female egg-layers)!

Either Mike Cullins had a clouded memory in 1984 or the "Farm Journal" article is a joke/fake.:whip:

Egg_Hen1.jpg

Rocket Sugeon said:
I have it on good authority that Robert Watts will be asked this question very soon.
One has to wonder "Watt" is he going to say? (Who is going to ask the egg question?:confused:)
The Drifter said:
My apologies for replying to this so late, Stoo.
Good eye on those chicken references! But, to answer your question (you're gonna slap me for this one!), I asked in the film section at GameFAQs! I know, I know. Of all places, huh? ;)
Unless there was some rare scene in certain prints of "The Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck" (which is highly doubtful), the GameFAQ crowd must be a bunch of wing-nuts.:p HOWEVER, the fact that they remember such a scene from SOMEWHERE is VERY interesting...(y)

No need to apologize for a late reply, Drifter. We all have real lives to live...;)

Stoo said:
See the image below...NOT "all the poultry used were roosters". Do these chickens look like roosters? NO! Where are the rooster tails? They are hens (female egg-layers)!

Either Mike Cullins had a clouded memory in 1984 or the "Farm Journal" article is a joke/fake.:whip:

Egg_Hen1.jpg
There are MANY subspecies of chicken, I guess his reflection on the additional spur is the tell "tail" sign.:p

Stoo said:
One has to wonder "Watt" is he going to say? (Who is going to ask the egg question?:confused:)
The Indy Cast listener who interviewed sculpter Brian Muir who sculpted the Ark detail except the cheribum.

JuniorJones said:
For what it's worth a segment from the Premiere Script.
Would love to get my hands on those, but isn't it true...they're sourced from the finished film?

As if every last detail that made it to the screen was scripted in flawless detail?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Would love to get my hands on those, but isn't it true...they're sourced from the finished film?

As if every last detail that made it to the screen was scripted in flawless detail?

I sure you'll find one!;) Yes, fur coat and no knickers, as they say. Good if you can't get subtitles!:D

Rocket Surgeon said:
The Indy Cast listener who interviewed sculpter Brian Muir who sculpted the Ark detail except the cheribum.
Wondering if Watts is at Comic Con? Didn't see him listed, though Steranko is...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
There are MANY subspecies of chicken, I guess his reflection on the additional spur is the tell "tail" sign.:p
This dubious/fake article, that you've supposedly found, has SPURRED the egg debate into a new direction.

1) Put an egg under a rooster which looks like a hen and the general public wouldn't notice (or care about) the difference. (Ex. The 'giant vampire bats' were NOT giant vampire bats.) Easily covered up in the editing!

2) Using the highly illogical, Henry "Dubya" Jones defence (akin to the late Phil Hartman's Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from "Saturday Night Live"): There are NO spurs on the chicken legs in the production sketch, therefore, there are no spurs in the film.:p:p:p Joking, joshin'...

EggCrateSketch_01.jpg

Rocket Surgeon said:
That would have to be one explosive egg to reach his palm!
No. More on that later...;)

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
NICE!!

I just got my Netflix upgrade, and now I am ready to start watching some FILM!

Here's my list in case anyone is interested:

This is an Egg (1966)
The Killing of an Egg (1977)
George Méliès classic Prolific Magic Egg (1903)
The Danish Version of Egg (1988)
The Ma Kettle and Pa Kettle The Egg and I (1947)

...and my personal favorite Death laid an Egg (1968)

I'll be back to report on this soon!

You should also check out all these other eggstordinary movies:

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=egg

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Does anyone have a copy of TOD on laser disc? I still think this thing is dead, but no reason not to explore every avenue.
Good idea about the Laser Disc, Indy's brother.(y) The Japanese version of the laser disc might be worth checking out, too. Every corner must be investigated...

I'm no expert on chickens but have been told (by a woman who grew up on a farm) that when hens lay their eggs, they hide them so you have to go look for them if you want 'em. Kind of like what is/was being done in this thread.
Pale Horse said:
Here's my list in case anyone is interested:
Montana Smith said:
You should also check out all these other eggstordinary movies:
You guys forgot one of my personal Disney favourites: the live-action film, "The $1,000,000 Duck" from 1971, about a duck that lays golden eggs on command. (The trick is, the 'command'* is not an obvious one. Otherwise, the duck lays normal eggs.);)

*A prize for anyone who knows what that 'command' is.

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
You guys forgot one of my personal Disney favourites: the live-action film, "The $1,000,000 Duck" from 1971, about a duck that lays golden eggs on command. (The trick is, the 'command'* is not an obvious one. Otherwise, the duck lays normal eggs.);)

*A prize for anyone who knows what that 'command' is.

Was this the prequel to Indecent Proposal? :confused:

In a Pavlovian manner, the duck, named "Charlie" (despite being female), lays an egg when prompted by the barking of a dog. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Duck

Stoo

Junior Jones said:
Ha! I just noticed the sponsored ads on the right side of this screen.
Heh. Fitting, Junior, but those ads are specific to one's region. (I get different ads in both Switzerland and Canada...no eggs.:()
Montana Smith said:
Was this the prequel to Indecent Proposal? :confused:

In a Pavlovian manner, the duck, named "Charlie" (despite being female), lays an egg when prompted by the barking of a dog. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Million_Dollar_Duck
The power of Wikipedia. You missed an important detail, 'Tana Smiffy! The bark had to be done in a certain tone.:p

Just finished reading the Wikipedia article and found this:
IMDB said:
The Million Dollar Duck is famous for being one of three movies that film critic Gene Siskel walked out on during his professional career,...
Yikes! This is one of my fave Disney flicks.:eek:

MDollarDuck.jpg

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'd also like to bring your attention to the position Indy is reclining. At first his hands are folded, (saying his prayers before night night no doubt), lying on sacks an appreciable distance from the cages themselves. Were his hands to fall it would only make the bullseye even further from the coop! That would have to be one explosive egg to reach his palm!
Rocket, your debate is farther from the chicken coop than Indy's hand. NONE of you doubters have been observant enough to notice that NO egg would fit through the bars on the cage that is closest to Indy.

Egg_Cage1.jpg

That said, there is a solution to this problem...which points to the CULPRIT CHICKEN!:gun:
Rocket Surgeon said:
But stay tuned for the incontrovertible interview!
Still waiting...:p

Indy's brother

The Drifter said:
I posted about this on another forum, and some say they remember a scene like this in an Indiana Jones ripoff called
"Adventures of Tennessee Buck".

You could be onto something here. Maybe what we should be looking for a movie that has a similar scene?