Well hello there.

TanisRaider

Hi everybody,

Imanuel from the Netherlands here.

As a big SW and Indy fan, I have been to Tunisia multiple time's
In 2010 is saw the filming locations of SW and Indy for the first time.

In 2012 I restored the Lars Homestead (a.k.a. Luke's house).

I've recently returned from a trip to Tunisia following the footsteps of Indy.
Went do different locations of the truck chase from Raiders and did some digging myself at Tanis.

Found (and brought home) some nice pieces from The Well of Souls and The Map Room. Also found fiberglass and plexiglass piece from the Flying Wing and fuel truck.

I will post some pictures of my latest trip and finds soon.

As for collecting. Just started focusing on Indy stuff so nothing big in that department yet. I did see a lot of nice collections on this board and truly enjoy watching those.

Cheers,
Imanuel

kongisking

Welcome to The Raven, Imanuel! Sounds like you have a pretty awesome collection so far. And part of me is jealous you've been to Tunisia, the other part thankful I haven't been since I don't have to worry about getting a case of the Harrison Ford's Bane. ;)

Goodeknight

TanisRaider said:
In 2012 I restored the Lars Homestead (a.k.a. Luke's house).

I've recently returned from a trip to Tunisia following the footsteps of Indy.
Went do different locations of the truck chase from Raiders and did some digging myself at Tanis.

Found (and brought home) some nice pieces from The Well of Souls and The Map Room. Also found fiberglass and plexiglass piece from the Flying Wing and fuel truck.

Hi, Imanuel. Welcome!

CAN'T WAIT to see some pics! Let me ask, was it tough to find the pieces you brought home from Tunisia?? Or were they all over the place?

You really are a Tanis raider. Impressive. Most impressive....

Lance Quazar

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

I visited Tunisia in 2008. Unfortunately, the only Indy-related site I visited was the city of Kairouan, but I did see many of the SW locations, including the Lars homestead (lower level/interior) and the Mos Espa set.

I didn't realize until AFTER the trip that many Indy locations - Tanis digs, etc. - were also easily accessible. I feel like I really missed out. Darn!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

TanisRaider

Goodeknight said:
Hi, Imanuel. Welcome!

CAN'T WAIT to see some pics! Let me ask, was it tough to find the pieces you brought home from Tunisia?? Or were they all over the place?

You really are a Tanis raider. Impressive. Most impressive....

It's not that hard to find pieces if you know the locations.
We did need to do some actual digging for the Well of Souls and Map Room pieces. The pieces from the flying wing were a easy find. Your eye just needs to find the edge of little parts of fiberglass on the surface. Remove some dirt with your finger and tadaa..another part for the collection. :D

Also, the wind and sand play with landscape. One year you will find nothing, the other (or a few months even) you will find stuff.

Going back there in a few weeks for round two at Tanis :)

jsarino

Pretty cool! Would love to see pics of the items you got! I'd also like to see some of the SW sets too. :)