Smitty's Junk

Montana Smith

There was a time when I considered Sideshow's 1/6 Star Wars figures to be the best thing since automatic bread.

On further consideration there aren't many that I'm happy with. Hence some have been boxed back up for an uncertain future.

Ten figures have earned a long term stay of execution, along with the two Jabba's Place creature sets.

Highlights are still Lando, Darth Maul, Stormtrooper and Salacious Crumb:

100_1008.jpg

000_0010.jpg

Montana Smith

My first Hot Toys 1/6 Predator: MMS 162 Classic Predator, from the film Predators.

The design was based on the creature from the original film.

With light up bio mask and wrist computer, and the choice of open or closed mandibles; intact or damaged mask. He towers nicely over everybody else at the moment.

000_0013.jpg

000_0015.jpg

000_0016.jpg

000_0017.jpg

000_0022.jpg

000_0023.jpg

Nurhachi1991

Montana Smith said:
The 'Nazis' operating Photobucket have been shredding images containing the Swastika again.

There's an apparent cure for this: make the 'offending' album Private instead of Public.

Let the remains of the Mechanic be a test:

Blood_on_wing_-1.jpg

(They deleted that one once before).

I always thought the amount of blood that sprayed on the tail of the plain was not enough..

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
I always thought the amount of blood that sprayed on the tail of the plain was not enough..

At least there was some blood, though. (y)

I bought a small box of coins, mainly because I saw an East African Shilling in it. But personally the highlight is this 1924 Token from the Honolulu Rapid Transit Co. Ltd, who operated buses and electric street railways:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG.jpg

Not valuable, but a nice little curio.

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
I see Boba Fett has a spot there as well.

He currently has two spots. They're the Hasbro Original Trilogy Collection version, so he's "a little short for a stormtrooper".

000_0037.jpg

000_0038.jpg

The new Sideshow Empire Strikes Back version is very tempting...

IMG2128_press01-001.jpg

IMG2128_press08-001.jpg

IMG_9279.jpg

He comes supplued with "standing boots" and "action boots", which is something I haven't noticed on a figure before.

The_Raiders

Oh, I have gandered before at the SS Boba Fett. He is my favorite character from the OT. Definitely a tempting buy, but it'd be a killer on my cash.

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
Oh, I have gandered before at the SS Boba Fett. He is my favorite character from the OT. Definitely a tempting buy, but it'd be a killer on my cash.

Been selling parts of my unwanted toy collection and turning the cash into Hot Toys. Feels good to finally be clearing out action figures that no longer hold any interest for me.

Had two Hot Toys Jack Nicholson Jokers on order for a while, but have gradually been losing interest in him.

Already cancelled one to get the Predator, and I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the other for Boba after working my way through all 280 pages of the Sideshow Freaks thread about him. It looks like he's going to be the best 1/6 version yet. I know owners say the Medicoms are good, but their small scale is a problem for me.

I wasn't looking at buying more Star Wars 1/6, but Boba is a special case!

Still have these on pre-order:

Iron Man Mk.I (2.0):

397370_10150510659419585_329989274584_8925616_741111906_n.jpg

406336_10150510659324585_329989274584_8925614_1400633447_n.jpg

Terminator 2 T-800:

DX10_n-2.jpg

Sucker Punch Babydoll:

img0983aj.jpg

Sucker Punch Amber:

Ambersdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_31.jpg

The_Raiders

I know if I had the dough, I wouldn't be able to resist Boba. He seems like a very special case indeed. I've sort of halted any figure collecting lately and moved on to more guns, and working on different projects.

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
I know if I had the dough, I wouldn't be able to resist Boba. He seems like a very special case indeed. I've sort of halted any figure collecting lately and moved on to more guns, and working on different projects.

You live in the land of the gun. I live in a land where a pea shooter is offensive unless it's painted bright orange!

What do you have?

The_Raiders

Montana Smith said:
You live in the land of the gun. I live in a land where a pea shooter is offensive unless it's painted bright orange!

What do you have?

Well, I'm only nineteen, so I can't legally buy any real firearms yet, so right now I get airsoft guns replicated like military weapons. Which is cool, because me and my friends can go off shootin' eachother. I got two shot guns, four revolvers, I'll post up some pictures of all the guns I got so you can check'em out. I have quite a few.

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
Well, I'm only nineteen, so I can't legally buy any real firearms yet, so right now I get airsoft guns replicated like military weapons. Which is cool, because me and my friends can go off shootin' eachother. I got two shot guns, four revolvers, I'll post up some pictures of all the guns I got so you can check'em out. I have quite a few.

I have a couple of old style airsofts in black finish (H&K MP5 and Walther P99). Nowadays even these have to be produced in bright colours so the police don't mistake them for the real thing.

Post up those pictures.

:hat:

The_Raiders

Montana Smith said:
I have a couple of old style airsofts in black finish (H&K MP5 and Walther P99). Nowadays even these have to be produced in bright colours so the police don't mistake them for the real thing.

Post up those pictures.

:hat:

I'll have'em up soon. Tomorrow most likely. Most of the guns I've bought have come with that orange tip, I always paint it or saw it off. There is a site I'm going to order from when I get the cash for it, that sells replica airsoft guns, with all the same features as the guns they're made after. full metal too.
I've been stopped by the police with my guns before. I had one in the car and he said if he'd seen it out in the open, that he'd of pulled his gun on me. This has happened twice. :dead:

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
I wish I'd looked after them all better!
Hey, you looked after your MEGO "Planet of the Apes" figures better than I did. The only remnant I have left is a plastic M-16!:mad:
Montana Smith said:
Well, you do like your helmets! I understand both the attraction, and also your girlfriend's reaction. It sounded like a lot of money.
Smiff, while in Potsdam, Germany last week, I stumbled upon a great antique store which specializes in militaria. I really wanted this one particular Prussian pickelhaube helmet from 1848 but it was just wa-a-a-ay too expensive.

It looked like this below. Can you guess the price?:p

pe1842d.jpg

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Hey, you looked after your MEGO "Planet of the Apes" figures better than I did. The only remnant I have left is a plastic M-16!:mad:

I'm surprised I still had the M-16!

Stoo said:
Smiff, while in Potsdam, Germany last week, I stumbled upon a great antique store which specializes in militaria. I really wanted this one particular Prussian pickelhaube helmet from 1848 but it was just wa-a-a-ay too expensive.

It looked like this below. Can you guess the price?:p

pe1842d.jpg

You'd stand out from the crowd in that, even moreso than in the pith helmet!

As for price it could be £400-£500 for an early one? Just a guess as it's out of my league as well. I'd opt for a replica instead.

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
I'm surprised I still had the M-16!
Yours still has the string attached to it. (I did have 2 of them as leftovers but my dog chewed on one so I chucked it in the garbage.:()
Montana Smith said:
You'd stand out from the crowd in that, even moreso than in the pith helmet!

As for price it could be £400-£500 for an early one? Just a guess as it's out of my league as well. I'd opt for a replica instead.
Would you believe ?12,000 Euros?!? That's roughly $15,000 U.S./Canadian dollars!:eek: I tried to haggle with the lady but she wouldn't budge beyond ?10,000. She kept pointing to the tag with 1848 date! Looks like I'll have to settle for a replica...:(

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
Would you believe ?12,000 Euros?!? That's roughly $15,000 U.S./Canadian dollars!:eek: I tried to haggle with the lady but she wouldn't budge beyond ?10,000. She kept pointing to the tag with 1848 date! Looks like I'll have to settle for a replica...:(

That sounds like a crazy price. :eek:

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
I'll have'em up soon. Tomorrow most likely. Most of the guns I've bought have come with that orange tip, I always paint it or saw it off.

I've been stopped by the police with my guns before. I had one in the car and he said if he'd seen it out in the open, that he'd of pulled his gun on me. This has happened twice. :dead:

My MP5 had a red flash protector. It was simple to unscrew and paint black, though it's apparently illegal here to change the appearance of a gun like that. Since I keep it on the wall, and don't plan on waving it around in public, I can't see it's much of an issue.

For instance, it's perfectly legal for anyone to own a genuine deactivated MP5. I think it has more to do with the price-point of the weapon in question that concerns the police, and in keeping down the number of realistic firearms that they're likely to encounter.

The_Raiders said:
There is a site I'm going to order from when I get the cash for it, that sells replica airsoft guns, with all the same features as the guns they're made after. full metal too.

Sounds good. Do they make versions of Indy's guns?

The_Raiders

Montana Smith said:
My MP5 had a red flash protector. It was simple to unscrew and paint black, though it's apparently illegal here to change the appearance of a gun like that. Since I keep it on the wall, and don't plan on waving it around in public, I can't see it's much of an issue.

For instance, it's perfectly legal for anyone to own a genuine deactivated MP5. I think it has more to do with the price-point of the weapon in question that concerns the police, and in keeping down the number of realistic firearms that they're likely to encounter.

Sounds good. Do they make versions of Indy's guns?

I have a few hand guns that had the orange tip. A few I painted, some I hacked off. Most of mine are realistic looking, I customized a few for a movie I'm making. I just got to find out from local authorities what the deal is if I were to film in public areas with real looking guns. I'll put up some pictures tonight of what I got.
That site is called ehobbyasia.com by the way. They have different revolvers, but I've never seen any Indy replicas. There was a webley replica I've seen on a different site before, just a replica, it was pretty nice. I plan on owning it in the future.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

The_Raiders said:
I have a few hand guns that had the orange tip. A few I painted, some I hacked off. Most of mine are realistic looking, I customized a few for a movie I'm making. I just got to find out from local authorities what the deal is if I were to film in public areas with real looking guns. I'll put up some pictures tonight of what I got.
That site is called ehobbyasia.com by the way. They have different revolvers, but I've never seen any Indy replicas. There was a webley replica I've seen on a different site before, just a replica, it was pretty nice. I plan on owning it in the future.

This S&W M10 would make a good Raiders sidearm:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tanaka-m10-military-and-police-4ch-revolver-heavy-weight.html