12 inch YOUNG Indy by Medicom

Deckard

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Hope that they fix those issues with the uniform color and hair!

Not happening, thats it, its out, their not gonna do a recall, they screwed up, like everyone else who seems to get their dumb hands on the Indy license.

Except Lego.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hair/uniform look horrible
The sculpt is nice though

I hear ya...at least from the pic. I have to say of ALL the sculpts out there Medicom puts out the best. The others have a whole host of issues, but the one thing they have in common is they look like that picture someone took of you that doesn't look like you. You know, it's you but, you're chewing on food and you look like a twisted version of yourself, or something flew into your eye and you've crossed them coupled with that expression that makes your teeth look like...well you get it.

Mr. Fusion

The sculpt is nice. You could tell by the paint apps on the prototype. The sking color looks decent enough. The hair, however, as stated before, is a mess. The uniform is okay, apart from being the WRONG COLOR!

Basically, they screwed the pooch on this one. It's really odd, too because the first four Medicom figs came out nicer than the protos. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Montana Smith

This figure was an abomination from head to toe. Well maybe not the head so much. But the body is skeletal; hands like a fashion doll; uniform swamps him; scarf is huge; plastic boots that only Barbie could be proud of.

The original price tag on this was £100!

I got suckered in because it was available at 30-something quid.

For a long while I afforded this Indy dolly the privilege of standing at the back of the shelf where it couldn't be seen. But then even that became too much, and I took the Cross of Coronado from him (which is the only decent part of this set) and put him in the attic where he can't be seen at all.

review_youngindy_2b.jpg

review_youngindy_4.jpg

review_youngindy_6.jpg

review_youngindy_9.jpg

review_youngindy_8.jpg

I also got suckered into buying the Medicom Raiders Indy because he was also 30-something quid. That horror is also now in the attic.

I don't know how Medicom ever became so popular or command such a high price tag. Even the old (and much cheaper) Dragon figures were of higher quality.

I can't say that I hate Medicom, as I kinda like the Mutt figure once I'd wrapped his torso in paper so he didn't look so skeletal.

Mutt? Yes. Oh the irony. But he was another impulse 30-something-quid buy. Only Hot Toys have the power to make me part with over £100 for a figure.

Billy Ray

LOL, putting them in "the attic" makes me think of Dollhouse...kind of fitting too.

I never got the Medi Young Indy but I have the Raiders Indy and Henry senior. You're pretty spot on about Indy, he certainly falls short of both Sideshow's and Hot Toy's versions. The best thing about him is the collection of relics he comes with. Henry Sr, on the other hand, is quite nice. I wish he had come with more accessories, but he is a really great figure.

I don't get the hype about Medicom either, they are very overpriced and really not that great. Some of their armored Star Wars figures look pretty nice, but Sideshow's are just as good if not better.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
LOL, putting them in "the attic" makes me think of Dollhouse...kind of fitting too.

I never got the Medi Young Indy but I have the Raiders Indy and Henry senior. You're pretty spot on about Indy, he certainly falls short of both Sideshow's and Hot Toy's versions. The best thing about him is the collection of relics he comes with. Henry Sr, on the other hand, is quite nice. I wish he had come with more accessories, but he is a really great figure.

I don't get the hype about Medicom either, they are very overpriced and really not that great. Some of their armored Star Wars figures look pretty nice, but Sideshow's are just as good if not better.

I see two main problems with Medicom (aside from their price). Because the bodies are so thin and short they will rarely look right mixed with other makes of figures. And the sculpts often have a rubbery doll-like appearance. In the same price range Hot Toys produce a much more lifelike impression of skin, coupled with a much higher standard of painting.

Mr. Fusion

There is one, especially weird thing about the Medicom young Indy: it's the regular RAH body, except it has ankle extenders.:confused:

I've done some customizing to mine. I removed the ankle extenders, repainted the head and dyed the outfit a little greener.

Here is the figure after my brother's repaint. I haven't taken any shots after dying the costume, though.

405665_10150552753672081_507747080_8816931_1230124656_n.jpg

426307_10150552753482081_507747080_8816930_1228466500_n.jpg

Montana Smith

Mr. Fusion said:
There is one, especially weird thing about the Medicom young Indy: it's the regular RAH body, except it has ankle extenders.:confused:

It was a very strange choice indeed. While nearly every other Medicom looks too short, lil' Indy was too tall!

Mr. Fusion said:
I've done some customizing to mine. I removed the ankle extenders, repainted the head and dyed the outfit a little greener.

Here is the figure after my brother's repaint. I haven't taken any shots after dying the costume, though.

That's a big improvement over the rubbery doll-look of the original.

Montana Smith

I took lil Indy down from the attic. Rest assured it was for a good cause: I found someone who actually liked him and agreed to take the abomination off my hands for a profit!

They also took Medicom Raiders Indy for an even healthier profit, and will be having Sideshow Indy, too.

I'd held onto the terrible trio under the impression that as a fan I ought to keep them. However, my demands for 1/6 standards have moved on, so I think you have to be a truly obsessed fan to want to keep these objects.

Incidentally, he was also the person who took my '£3.99 in the Woolworths sale' Hasbro 12" talking Indy off my hands.

He's happy with them, as I would have been about a decade ago before discovering other companies.