VALENTINE POLL: Best love story

00Kevin

Indyfan
(As it's valentine's day) here we go, which love story did you enjoy most from the indy world? (okay, not exactly a true "LOVE STORY" but you knon what I mean)

this may include films, books, comics, games and so on

you may judge in anyway:

-the girlfriend
-music theme
-lines/scenes
-overall quality of the story

00Kevin's Views:

Marion/indy (Raiders of the Lost Arc)
-marion's theme was great, one of JW's best
-alot of great lines/scene, the boat scene, raven bar (ahh, the raven bar ;))
-marion was indy's match, live tracy was james bond's match in OHMSS

what do you guys say?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Okay...

I hated Diedre wholeheartedly, but let's take a moment to remember her... :(

Okay...

Now that we've done that...

-Sophia Hapgood
-Anything Goes
-the whole thing in the dungeon was all right, but I liked when Sophia was in the pit and Indy kept tormenting her..."That's sounds like Sophia" ;)
-Sophia had everything going for her - a beautiful, witty archaeologist that wears a leather jacket (and then she joined the CIA :grumble, grumble:)

loukoum

Marion ! Because of the Marion's Theme, which is my favourite Indy theme. Just great.

And I quite appreciate the girl too. Not nazi, not foolish.

Quest

1st.
the girlfriend: Deirdre
music theme: Marion
lines/scenes: Where Deirdre gets shot

2nd.
the girlfriend: Alecia
music theme: -
lines/scenes: When Alecia and Indy struggle for their love but know the skull will always intervene.

Gregoire Defence

Quest said:

2nd.
the girlfriend: Alecia
music theme: -
lines/scenes: When Alecia and Indy struggle for their love but know the skull will always intervene.

I felt that the whole Alecia love story was more emotional.
Especially because it seem that the curse of the Crystal Skull actully killed of the thing that Indy loved.

Quest said:
1st.
the girlfriend: Deirdre
music theme: Marion
lines/scenes: Where Deirdre gets shot

Quest, Deirdre doesn't get shot. She is in a airplane crash right?

Kumba

Nah, nah, you've all got it wrong! True romance with indy only existed with young indy! Yes, and the perfect love story was in masks of evil. He had that beautiful girl, they were to marry, indy was being hunted by an assassin, and ironically his girl was shot and killed. What a great love story...hahaha! Or how about the young indy episode with catherine zeta jones? Hey, she may have been working for the germans, but i think they could've had something after the war, right? lol, yeah, first chance she'd got she probably slit his throat! Or, wait, this is the best, that old lady from tales of inncence! BWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

00Kevin

Indyfan
hahaha

BTW, wasn't there someone indy married in the books? (I don't follow the books for SW/IJ makes the films seem less cool)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Gregoire Defence said:
Yes, He married Deidre Campbell in Seven Veils.

Alas, she died. Much like James Bond's wife in "In Her Magisty's Secret Service"

me like, I never knew that she died, good thing, indy's match is MARION :D

Quest

Originally posted by Gregoire Defence

hmmm its been a while, but who was the girl that got shot in the caves then? I dont know which novel it was..but they were being chased by nazis through this cave and then she got shot... hmmm

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Quest said:
Originally posted by Gregoire Defence

hmmm its been a while, but who was the girl that got shot in the caves then? I dont know which novel it was..but they were being chased by nazis through this cave and then she got shot... hmmm

That was the McCoy girl, Alecia.

Indyologist

I have two favorite Indy love stories.

My favorite was from the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones comic series by Marvel. It was issue #14 called "Demons." You read a nice summary of it on this site under "Indy's Timeline." In it, Indiana confesses to Marion that he loves her. -Snif- it was beautiful!

My other real favorite was actually from the Young Indy Chronicles. It was the one episode when his love interest was a sweet girl named Molly. Indy and her break up and she hesitates, then runs after Indy after putting his long coat on. She goes to find him and she's shot because she's mistaken for Indy while wearing his coat. She dies in Indy's arms. Ohmigosh it was so sad and made me cry! The Belgian governement just brushes off the incident saying it was "unfortunate"! Arrrgh! :mad: