Indy reference in 'the amazing race'

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, I know everyone here hates reality Tv (ok, not all, but most), but I know that some people watch the amazing race, dispite it being reality TV, because of the world traveling, the adventure and the constant suspense (or, mabey not so much the last one)

anyways, last night....well, it's 6 AM here, so I guess you'ld say 2 nights ago.

2 nights ago (tuesday night) on the latest episode, one task teams (and by teams, I'm refering to 2 person teams who know each other from an existing relationship...it's not like surviver or anything) had to complete was to have 1 team member venture down into a tomb in the plateau of Giza (dang yanks, one of the barbie twins pronounced it Guy-sa :rolleyes:).....they had to venture down and pull a satchel (dang barbie twins didn't even know what that was) out of the water, then bring it back up...blah blah blah blah blah

the whole time I'm like "WHERE THE HECK IS THE INDY REFERENCE?!?!?!?!?!"

luckely, I was satisfied when one of the contestants mentions 'I felt like Indiana Jones'

YEAH! KICK ARSE! INDY IS STILL REMEMBERED! EVEN BY UNEDJUCATED YANKS!!!!!!!!

uhhhh, no I'm not saying americans are unedjucated....I'm saying that they were kinda stupid and uhhhhh....oh shoot........

*runs*

Ska

Renderking Fisk said:
Any fedora's? If not... why bother watching?

Sorry Ren, but no fedoras were seen. But at least the satchel was nice to see (esp. worn by the so-called Barbie twins).

Yeah it was a pretty interesting episode. Apart from climbing down into that tomb, they also had to move blocks Egyptian style, and solve a puzzle by putting the complete pieces over a map to find the location of the next clue (which kind of had a Raiders map room feel to it, without the map room).

Indyologist

00Kevin said:

YEAH! KICK ARSE! INDY IS STILL REMEMBERED! EVEN BY UNEDJUCATED YANKS!!!!!!!!

uhhhh, no I'm not saying americans are unedjucated....I'm saying that they were kinda stupid and uhhhhh....oh shoot........
*runs*

I always let out a cheer myself when I hear of Indy being mentioned!

Now about that "uneducated Yanks" statement ;).
1.) You could have AT LEAST spell "uneducated" correctly (the pot's calling the kettle black here, isn't it sweetie?)
2.) In part, you are right. Jay Leno used to go out in the street and ask random people REALLY simple questions. I'm talking questions like "Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" kinda stuff. It's mind-numbing how many people got the questions wrong. Sad. Very, very sad.

whipem

Re: Re: Indy reference in 'the amazing race'

Indyologist said:
I always let out a cheer myself when I hear of Indy being mentioned!

1.) You could have AT LEAST spell "uneducated" correctly (the pot's calling the kettle black here, isn't it sweetie?)
2.) In part, you are right. Jay Leno used to go out in the street and ask random people REALLY simple questions. I'm talking questions like "Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?" kinda stuff. It's mind-numbing how many people got the questions wrong. Sad. Very, very sad.
Who is buried in Grant's tomb? Just kidding...

00Kevin

Indyfan
Re: Re: Indy reference in 'the amazing race'

Indyologist said:

I'm sorry, I ment to say 'UNEDJUMACATED!', I guess I wasn't drunk enough. whenever I type these posts I always think to myself:

AM I DRUNK?!?!?!?

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, last night had more from egypt. first, at the great pyramid, teams climbed down a long shaft to a subterranian tomb. Later they took on the task of digging a small area for scarabs, in true archeology fashion. no indy reference this time, sadly

Finn

Staff member
The one that's currently running in States, I guess.

Remember, the TV around here always shows the American contest/reality TV shows at least a year late. <small>BTW, I love to spoil my friends' fun by checking out who won from the web and spilling the beans when the first episode is over... I'm evil, I know.</small>

Finn

Staff member
I was wondering, btw... could there be a TV bigwig stupid enough in the States who might like to buy three used seasons of <i>Suuri Seikkailu</i>?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Or <i>Saari</i>. Or <i>V.I.P. Seikkailu</i>. Or <i>Miljonääri Jussi</i>. Or <i>Suomen Robinson</i>. Or...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ROTFLMAO!!!! Way too funny. But Funi said that they both lied.

Anyway, back on topic.