Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

TheFedora

AndyLGR said:
Richard Attenborough RIP. What a legend.

He was indeed a legend, and will forever be missed. There will never be another like him, nor or later. I believe that his legacy will remain forever...and Jurassic Park is my all time favorite film.

kongisking

AndyLGR said:
Everyone has to be introcuded to an actor at some point in their career, nothing wrong with that. But his older movies are well worth checking out too if you get chance.

I know Gandhi is the super-big one of his directing career. Though I'm curious about Chaplin too.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
Everyone has to be introcuded to an actor at some point in their career, nothing wrong with that. But his older movies are well worth checking out too if you get chance.
Agreed...but "Jurassic Park" came out 21 years ago! Plenty of time for the chance to see *at least* ONE other movie that Attenborough was involved with (especially for people who call themselves a "cinephile").:rolleyes:
AndyLGR said:
I remember him mostly from featuring in plenty of WWII films, like Danger Within, Dunkirk, great escape...... League of gentleman is another typical British crime film that is a big favourite of mine.
Good mentions (although I haven't seen "Danger Within"). He did appear in a lot of WW2 movies but my heart goes out to "Sea of Sand". He was great in that!
TheFedora said:
He was indeed a legend, and will forever be missed. There will never be another like him, nor or later. I believe that his legacy will remain forever...and Jurassic Park is my all time favorite film.
You praise Attenborough so highly but the only movie you mention is "Jurassic Park"?:confused: I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.:rolleyes:
Montana Smith said:
Farewell, Pinkie Brown. :(
Yes! Hammond-Schmammond. The JP chumps should go watch "Brighton Rock", along with "The Angry Silence" & "Guns at Batasi". These are tour-de-forces for Attenborough and (in my opinion) his finest achievements as an actor.

He was also a formidable director who paid close attention to period detail. My personal favourites of his work behind the camera are, "Young Winston" and "A Bridge Too Far".

YoungWinston_Ad_small_zps2dd7fb8d.jpg

R.I.P. Ricky

WilliamBoyd8

Richard Kiel, RIP, age 74

Actor Richard Kiel, who starred in two James Bond films as the steel-toothed villain Jaws, died today. He was 74.

Goonie

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Richard Kiel, RIP, age 74

Actor Richard Kiel, who starred in two James Bond films as the steel-toothed villain Jaws, died today. He was 74.

Darn it. Jaws died.

:(

Finn

Staff member
Goonie said:
Darn it. Jaws died.
I bet all the people at the funeral wouldn't be surprised at all if he suddenly just jumped up, dusted himself off and walked out.

Stoo

Finn said:
I bet all the people at the funeral wouldn't be surprised at all if he suddenly just jumped up, dusted himself off and walked out.
Now, that's funny!:D
jsarino said:
Wow, shocked that he passed away. RIP, Jaws. :(
Why were you "shocked"?:confused: He wasn't young.

Do any of you folks (besides Montana Smiff) realize that he featured in a movie with Harrison Ford?:gun:

Richard Kiel was memorable in "The Longest Yard" (1974)...especially when Burt Reynolds fixed his broken nose!

He also had a role in 2 episodes of "Land of the Lost" in 1976. Look at him having hime trouble with his teeth (one year before "The Spy Who Loved Me").

RichardKiel_Malak_zps1763428d.jpg

---
R.I.P. Malak (from "Land of the Lost")

jsarino

Stoo said:
Why were you "shocked"?:confused: He wasn't young.

He wasn't that old either. After all, Harrison Ford is only a couple of years younger. Heck, Kiel's on-screen foe, Sir Roger Moore is 86!

Stoo

jsarino said:
He wasn't that old either. After all, Harrison Ford is only a couple of years younger. Heck, Kiel's on-screen foe, Sir Roger Moore is 86!
Heh, be real. Richard Kiel was 3 days away from turning 75 and it's not uncommon for people to die at that age. According to the World Health Organization, the 2014 average life expectancy for men in the U.S. is 77. Since Kiel was American, he was very close to the national average so his death is hardly something to be "shocked" about.:rolleyes:
AndyLGR said:
RIP to an actor with one of the most distinctive voices in the UK. Donald Sinden aged 90:
Donald Sinden was great in Disney's full-blooded adventure flick, "Island at the Top of the World"!(y) Another fine performance of his was in, "Simba", a film about the Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya. Two movies worth watching.

IslandTopOfWorld_1_small_zps5359843c.jpg

Simba_1_zps3b1ae2d1.jpg