Indiana Jones subreddit

Indyfan99

Hey guys! I recently became an active mod of the subreddit r/indianajones! Now, being a member of this community and absolutely loving it so much, I really wanted to bring some of this feeling and admiration for the series to the people of Reddit.

The subreddit was pretty dead when I found it... I seized the opportunity to capture people's attentions again with Indy 5, but there isn't enough news to keep everything going...

I want to create a community of Indy fans, like here, but outside the bubble! I want people to become really engrossed in the series and fall in love with it as much as we have!

So, I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out in doing this! In creating this Indy new and exciting forum on Reddit and really showcasing the best of what Indy fans have to offer!

Thank you guys so much for listening! I'll check back as often as I can! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm soliciting you guys, because I swear I'm not. I'm legitimately asking for help and know this is the best place to find it!

Thank again,

Indyfan99 (or ergister on reddit)(y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting Photoshop battle today...

3ryjgqi.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I did't know this about Toht's hat filling in for him after the truck chase.

Maybe he wasn't on the call sheet because Toht and Gobler's car went over the cliff in the fifth draft?

Indyologist

Pale Horse said:
Indy has been hitting a lot of TIL posts there of late. Seeding the Astro Turf, perhaps?

What is "TIL," dear?

Indyfan99 said:
Hey guys! I recently became an active mod of the subreddit r/indianajones! Now, being a member of this community and absolutely loving it so much, I really wanted to bring some of this feeling and admiration for the series to the people of Reddit.

The subreddit was pretty dead when I found it... I seized the opportunity to capture people's attentions again with Indy 5, but there isn't enough news to keep everything going...

I want to create a community of Indy fans, like here, but outside the bubble! I want people to become really engrossed in the series and fall in love with it as much as we have!

So, I'm wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out in doing this! In creating this Indy new and exciting forum on Reddit and really showcasing the best of what Indy fans have to offer!

Thank you guys so much for listening! I'll check back as often as I can! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm soliciting you guys, because I swear I'm not. I'm legitimately asking for help and know this is the best place to find it!

Thank again,

Indyfan99 (or ergister on reddit)(y)

Ah, a noble effort... I'll look into it sometime for you and see what I can do to assist...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoo

Moedred said:
I did't know this about Toht's hat filling in for him after the truck chase.

Maybe he wasn't on the call sheet because Toht and Gobler's car went over the cliff in the fifth draft?
I've always wondered what happened with Toht during the filming of that scene and your speculation, Moedred, makes an amount of sense. Ronald Lacey is clearly not there and the rigged dummy is very unconvincing. However, those shots don't last long so we must assume that this was Spielberg's way of filming things 'fast & dirty'.

The question is why? :confused: Would love to get to the bottom of this (in a more suitable thread, though)! ;)