TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #51
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Here's another cool premium from Summer 2008 - the Kellogg's spoons from the European cereals -

throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #52
Goonie
IndyFan

What a collection! If only I had won the 6/49 last Saturday...
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #53
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

As promised here are the four puzzle games randomly found in the European cereals during the Summer 2008.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #54
QueZTone
IndyFan

Do you also have the two french comic books (2 hardcovers) published by Shell tank stations?
QueZTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #55
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueZTone
Do you also have the two french comic books (2 hardcovers) published by Shell tank stations?

Yes we do. Unless you know of any variations we might need
Old 02-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #56
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

For the weekend I thought we'd show some of the goodies from Japan;

Here's the watch that was released in very low numbers (their whole line was limited between 50 - 300 of each item). It was inspired by what watches actually looked like during the 1950's (or so the pamphlet says).

Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #57
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Unproduced Lenticular Psp Case

Here a few shots of the PSP case - except it is lenticular! The release version just has a static graphic, but the original concept was to have Indy chased by the boulder through use of a lenticular.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Moedred : 03-09-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: arranged pics vertically
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #58
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Necklace and ring from Japan

Here is a shot of the ring and necklace produced and sold only in Japan. Only 300 of each were made.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #59
tnswman
IndyFan

that's cool it's like neat Goth jewelry LOL!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #60
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueZTone

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmetheidol
Yes we do. Unless you know of any variations we might need

Originally, 3 different comics were produced by the French company Bagheera (Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide, Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre, Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit). Another company named Renault printed paperback versions (the Bagheera's were hardcover, though I'm not sure if Renault printed all three comics...I know they did at least two, though). Shell gas stations in Canada (and France? Not sure about that) began issuing the first two comics (Secret de la Pyramide and Cité de la Foudre) as hardcovers, with a different cover, and missing the first several pages of the origial Bagheera versions (the "prologues", basically, 3-4 pages from the first two were cut).

Just in case that helps, wasn't sure if you knew about all the versions.

Also, I saw your posting of some Indy manga in this thread. I actually was trying to do some more research into these, and in another thread (Indy timeline thread) had someone who reads Japanese translating the titles.

Seems like most of those are adaptations of the films, but he wasn't able to make out the titles on the 3 books in the lower center. They seem to feature a much younger looking Indy (though this could just be the Anime/Manga effect of everyone looking too young), and I wondered if they were original stories, adaptations of Young Indy episodes, etc. Also, the blonde woman and the guy with the pointy mustache (on the second one) don't seem like any characters from the movies, which leads me to think these might be original adventures.

Is there any way you could take pictures of those three books covers, and maybe we can at least get the titles translated? I've been wondering about these since you first posted that pic months back.
DIrishB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #61
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIrishB
Originally, 3 different comics were produced by the French company Bagheera (Indiana Jones et le Secret de la Pyramide, Indiana Jones et la Cité de la Foudre, Indiana Jones et le Grimoire Maudit). Another company named Renault printed paperback versions (the Bagheera's were hardcover, though I'm not sure if Renault printed all three comics...I know they did at least two, though). Shell gas stations in Canada (and France? Not sure about that) began issuing the first two comics (Secret de la Pyramide and Cité de la Foudre) as hardcovers, with a different cover, and missing the first several pages of the origial Bagheera versions (the "prologues", basically, 3-4 pages from the first two were cut).

Just in case that helps, wasn't sure if you knew about all the versions.

Also, I saw your posting of some Indy manga in this thread. I actually was trying to do some more research into these, and in another thread (Indy timeline thread) had someone who reads Japanese translating the titles.

Seems like most of those are adaptations of the films, but he wasn't able to make out the titles on the 3 books in the lower center. They seem to feature a much younger looking Indy (though this could just be the Anime/Manga effect of everyone looking too young), and I wondered if they were original stories, adaptations of Young Indy episodes, etc. Also, the blonde woman and the guy with the pointy mustache (on the second one) don't seem like any characters from the movies, which leads me to think these might be original adventures.

Is there any way you could take pictures of those three books covers, and maybe we can at least get the titles translated? I've been wondering about these since you first posted that pic months back.

Les, I think that there were Manga stories of a younger Indy that were released. There is a lot of odd Manga stuff out there but it is easy to miss if it is not translated. The books are kind of similar to what is coming out in North America soon. Unless you are meaning something that I am not seeing.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #62
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Indiana Jones was part of the Dark Horse UK reprints of Star Wars back in the 1990s. They were magazine sized books that combined several Star Wars "Dark Empire" tales along with Indy as back-up stories. They even included some buttons or pins from time to time attached to the covers. I have them somewhere in this place. I just dug up all my Indy related magazines from the early 1980s -- everything from Fantastic Films, Prevue, Starlog - Cracked and Mad Magazine.
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #63
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Les, I think that there were Manga stories of a younger Indy that were released. There is a lot of odd Manga stuff out there but it is easy to miss if it is not translated. The books are kind of similar to what is coming out in North America soon. Unless you are meaning something that I am not seeing.

Yeah. I'm just wondering if they're adaptations of the Young Indy episodes or original stories. I can't seem to find any info on them (probably because they're in Japanese).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchellhallock
Indiana Jones was part of the Dark Horse UK reprints of Star Wars back in the 1990s. They were magazine sized books that combined several Star Wars "Dark Empire" tales along with Indy as back-up stories. They even included some buttons or pins from time to time attached to the covers. I have them somewhere in this place. I just dug up all my Indy related magazines from the early 1980s -- everything from Fantastic Films, Prevue, Starlog - Cracked and Mad Magazine.

Were they original Indy stories, or just reprints of the existing DH Indy material from the 90's? I assume they were just reprints, but I like to be thorough in my Indy research.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #64
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah. I'm just wondering if they're adaptations of the Young Indy episodes or original stories. I can't seem to find any info on them (probably because they're in Japanese).

Were they original Indy stories, or just reprints of the existing DH Indy material from the 90's? I assume they were just reprints, but I like to be thorough in my Indy research.

Haven't forgotten you DIrishB - I'm busy bailing water from the basement (don't worry - the Indy museum is in a different building AND on the 2nd floor).. there are also now 9 of those books! I'll scan them when I have a moment to myself this week and post
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #65
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Indy Spanish toon graphic novels

Since many readers feel that Indy should continue his adventures in animated adventures I thought I 'd share the covers of the super graphic novels by the very talented Enrique V. Vegas.

The covers of all three can be viewed at throwmetheidol.com

Les
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #66
DIrishB
IndyFan

Quote:
Haven't forgotten you DIrishB - I'm busy bailing water from the basement (don't worry - the Indy museum is in a different building AND on the 2nd floor).. there are also now 9 of those books! I'll scan them when I have a moment to myself this week and post

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, hope all is well now. Glad the Indy merch is safe.

Thanks for that, I look forward to the scans.

Quote:
Since many readers feel that Indy should continue his adventures in animated adventures I thought I 'd share the covers of the super graphic novels by the very talented Enrique V. Vegas.

The covers of all three can be viewed at throwmetheidol.com

Les

Cool, thanks Les!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #67
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

After 7+ months of searching....

I couldn't even confirm until now that these were ever printed or released -- but they were .... in the UK only! I received them today in the mail
Old 03-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #68
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Today we received signed photos from Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy as well as meeting Dan Ackroyd (and having him sign a promo still from Temple of Doom).

Visit throwmetheidol.com to view them.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #69
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, hope all is well now. Glad the Indy merch is safe.

Thanks for that, I look forward to the scans.

Cool, thanks Les!

Here's the 8 covers (note the English titles at the top of each)...

Enjoy!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #70
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Is it actually a public museum? Anyways, Great Collection!
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #71
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Today we received signed photos from Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy as well as meeting Dan Ackroyd (and having him sign a promo still from Temple of Doom).

Visit throwmetheidol.com to view them.

You didn't get a bottle of quadruple distilled, triple Herkimer diamond filtered, Newfoundland deep aquifer pure spirit vodka from Aykroyd?
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #72
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Here's the 8 covers (note the English titles at the top of each)...

Enjoy!!
Aah, so they are illustrated versions of the Young Indy novels. Very, very interesting. Thanks a lot for posting the covers!!! I'm not an amime/manga fan but these are now on my want list.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #73
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
You didn't get a bottle of quadruple distilled, triple Herkimer diamond filtered, Newfoundland deep aquifer pure spirit vodka from Aykroyd?

Four bottles, actually
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #74
Plaristes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Aah, so they are illustrated versions of the Young Indy novels. Very, very interesting. Thanks a lot for posting the covers!!! I'm not an amime/manga fan but these are now on my want list.

Mine, too. I'd prefer if they were in English, but I'd get them in Japanese if I have to (like with the Hohlbein novels). At least there are the two comic strip adaptations in English that hopefully will be eventually scanned and posted.
Plaristes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #75
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Rounded
Is it actually a public museum? Anyways, Great Collection!

Yes it is. It's a separate building with an 1,100 sq. foot room housing my 4,000+ item collection. Everything from books to toys to art to original props.

We've had 100's iof visitors since it's completion last year. And I'm buried in requests from people that re trying to make it out to our place in 2009