TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Archaeology
User Name
Password

Old 08-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
San Holo
IndyFan

The Exodus

I'm watching the Exodus: Decoded right now on the History channel. It's pretty damn entertaining. Hope everyone is tuned in-it even covers the Ark of the Covenant .
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple of john
I'm tuned in to that also San. I am also enjoying it.
Welcome back, buddy.What'd you think about the show? The History Channel rules
Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
ClintonHammond

"The Exodus" as "History"?

Heh

That's pretty funny....

What's next? Atlantis?
ClintonHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonHammond
"The Exodus" as "History"?

Heh

That's pretty funny....

What's next? Atlantis?
Nope, next up is......drumroll............."Who taught CH how to give the best [bungie jumping lessons] in Canada"...

San Holo, keep it civil and within rules please.

Last edited by Aaron H : 08-22-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 AM   #5
qwerty
IndyFan

It is just one of those stories where something big happened. And then every time story was told it was more and more developed and unbelievable. What we know today is just the final version. Who knows what realy happened.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #6
ClintonHammond

I will be curious once I've seen the show, to read what archaeologists and historians have to say about Simcha Jacobovici's theories......
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
I will be curious once I've seen the show, to read what archaeologists and historians have to say about Simcha Jacobovici's theories......
Jacobovici's theories are pretty plausible and rooted in science - like the plauges and the parting of the sea were caused from volcanic activity. Check the show out, if for no other reason than to see the what they say the Ark loked like.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
Johan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Holo
Jacobovici's theories are pretty plausible and rooted in science - like the plauges and the parting of the sea were caused from volcanic activity. Check the show out, if for no other reason than to see the what they say the Ark loked like.

The bible say's what the ark looked like, why would you need a show to tell you?
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
San Holo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJohan
The bible say's what the ark looked like, why would you need a show to tell you?
Did you watch the show? I'm quite familiar with what the bible says about the Ark, but there are preists' medallions that supposedly show exactly what the Ark looked like, instead Hollywood's interpretation .
Old 08-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
ClintonHammond

Because it's smart to not believe everything you read without first checking for corroborating evidence.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple of john
I enjoyed it San and thanks for the welcome back. Feels good to be back. Although I do think that most of the Exodus story is fictional, it's still fun to imagine that some of it may have happened.

Its great to have you back TOJ. I do hope you consider the fact of the Exodus. As a Christian I believe the Bible is true in what it says. There has been alot of evidence as well as to the authenticity of the Exodus outside of the Bible.
Its good to know that you are someone I can conversate with about things like this without sparking alot of controversy. But if you really get into an indept study of the Exodus you will learn some amazing things my friend.
tommy
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:11 AM   #12
ClintonHammond

"There has been alot of evidence as well as to the authenticity of the Exodus outside of the Bible. "

Ya?? Let's see it.....

*I'm NOT holding my breath*
Old 08-22-2006, 07:15 AM   #13
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:

Ya?? Let's see it.....

The Hammurabic Code proving writing DID exist pre-Moses, despite "higher criticism." And don't bother citing this as Moses' source for the Decalogue. The civil codes of Hammurabi were markedly different from the Law God gave Moses.

Mt. Sinai in Arabia, with pictures of a split rock (water-erosion marks on it despite it being nowhere near a body of water), glyphs of apis bulls (worshipped in Egypt; golden calf anyone?), and a valley big enough to encamp a couple million people. Not to mention the top of said Mount is blackened. And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. Ex 19:16-18

Electrum-plated chariot wheels with a spoke design circa 1500 BC found scattered along the land bridge under the Gulf of Aqaba. This land bridge connects the terminal peninsula of Pi-Hahiroth and the Arabian shore. On either side of this land bridge, the water plummets several thousand feet. This allows for the water "heaping up," as the Biblical account relates.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 AM   #14
qwerty
IndyFan

I would just like to state at this point that I do believe that Exodus happened bud I totaly do not believe that it had anything to do with God's wishes.
They made it. Good for jews. But that's all. Human determination was the key.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #15
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The Hammurabic Code proving writing DID exist pre-Moses, despite "higher criticism." And don't bother citing this as Moses' source for the Decalogue. The civil codes of Hammurabi were markedly different from the Law God gave Moses.

Mt. Sinai in Arabia, with pictures of a split rock (water-erosion marks on it despite it being nowhere near a body of water), glyphs of apis bulls (worshipped in Egypt; golden calf anyone?), and a valley big enough to encamp a couple million people. Not to mention the top of said Mount is blackened. And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled. And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount. And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. Ex 19:16-18

Electrum-plated chariot wheels with a spoke design circa 1500 BC found scattered along the land bridge under the Gulf of Aqaba. This land bridge connects the terminal peninsula of Pi-Hahiroth and the Arabian shore. On either side of this land bridge, the water plummets several thousand feet. This allows for the water "heaping up," as the Biblical account relates.

Thanks Doc. You beat me to the punch. Thanks for doing the work for me. And very accurate by the way.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
ClintonHammond

And your sources are, Doc?

Cause without sources, they're just baseless personal assertions
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
And your sources are, Doc?

Cause without sources, they're just baseless personal assertions
As are the majority of the 'expert opinions' touted on this board. Check out Ron Wyatt's website for pics of Mt. Sinai, and read a history book for the Hammurabic Code.

TO THOSE WHO DISCREDIT RON WYATT"S FINDINGS: For the ones he's produced evidence for, and the one's others have claimed as their own finds, there is no dispute except interpretation. Archaeology is an interpretive science. It's not metallurgy, chemistry, or physics. Some have said, "he's not even a trained archaeologist." To them I say, "Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark."
Old 08-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #18
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyt
Thanks Doc. You beat me to the punch. Thanks for doing the work for me. And very accurate by the way.
You're more than welcome, friend.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #19
ClintonHammond

"Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark."

Ya... but the Titanic is real.... "The Ark" isn't.... So, I'll stick to so-called "experts" thanks....

To quote the Israel Antiquities Authority, "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem... [His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc."
Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #20
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
Ya... but the Titanic is real.... "The Ark" isn't....
Opinion, CH, not fact. Prove it didn't exist. Disprove the Bible. Amazing how you can call my claims conjecture while spouting your opinion as 'carved in marble.'
Quote:
To quote the Israel Antiquities Authority, "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem...

And yet they continued to allow him to dig. And still allow his legacy to perform excavations. Tennessee R goes over there continually with the Ron Wyatt Archaeological team.
Quote:
[His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc."

If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger. Anytime anything that could possibly be construed as Biblical evidence is produced, be sure character assassination is right behind it. If the 'evidence' is The Gospel of Judas or The Jesus Papers, however, expect five documentaries and a big-budget movie.

Skepticism is fine, even very valuable. Bigotry and bias, however...
Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
ClintonHammond

"Prove it didn't exist."

That's not how it works... It is up to the person making the claim to provide proof of the occurrence. Show proof there was a global flood... Show proof that hasn't already been refuted over and over and over. Ron Wyatt was unable to do it.... I'm not holding my breath that anyone else ever will either.

"Disprove the Bible."
This planet was NEVER covered by water.... This planet is WAY more than 5+ thousand years old.... (acknowledging the fact that I haven't seen the docu. this thread is originally about) There is NO evidence to support the assertion that there were ever Jewish 'slaves' in Egypt.... It is biologically IMPOSSIBLE for 2 or 4 members of a species to populate (or even repopulate) the planet.... NO boat could carry 2 of every creature on this ball of rock....

"Anytime anything that could possibly be construed as Biblical evidence is produced, be sure character assassination is right behind it."
I think you're over-reacting, inferring slights were none exist, just because you WANT it to be 'true' and the sceptics/scientists/experts demonstrate over and over again that it isn't....
Old 08-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #22
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
"Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark."

Ya... but the Titanic is real.... "The Ark" isn't.... So, I'll stick to so-called "experts" thanks....

To quote the Israel Antiquities Authority, "Ron Wyatt is neither an archaeologist nor has he ever carried out a legally licensed excavation in Israel or Jerusalem... [His claims] fall into the category of trash which one finds in tabloids such as the National Enquirer, Sun etc."

Sorry CH, the ark is real. More and more evidence surfaces every decade.In fact there was yet another expedition in June 2006 by Bob Cornuke. They hiked above the tree line of one of the mountains of Ararat and found a black object jetting out of the side of the mountain. Come to find out it was wood. No trees can grow at this altitude and it would be impossible for any human to carry wood up the side of this mountain. This, satelite images and past expeditions give plenty of evidence that something man made is on that mountain.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #23
ClintonHammond

"Bob Cornuke"

Even "Creationist Geologists" criticize that 'find'... It's not petrified wood in the least... it's rock... Probably rock that has fractured along cleavage planes as the mountain heaved upwards from the sea bed it used to be millions of years ago....

Click here for other pictures of rock that looks like wood
Old 08-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #24
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
Even "Creationist Geologists" criticize that 'find'... It's not petrified wood in the least... it's rock...
Again, an over-generalized statement...SOME question whether or not it's petrified wood.

And as for whether or not Jabal al-Lawzin Arabia is Sinai, Wyatt and Cornuke aren't the first to recognize it as such.

As for a "young earth" being incongruent with the evidence:

Geological strata could just as well, and more probably, sediment layers from a global flood than "epochs" of evolution. The circular reasoning of strata-fossil-strata dating is easily the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. And carbon dating is a pseudo-scientific crapshoot.

No extant proof of civilization prior to Biblical accounts.

Extant evidence that man saw dinosaurs. Cave painting and Ica stones alone are compelling enough, and the Bible backs up this hypothesis.

We can, and no doubt will, go on and on comparing and debating. Bottom line: critical thinking, real honest-to-goodness thinking for one's self, is a lost art. Most evolutionists spout textbooks rather than considered, self-generated thought. Most are still using long-disproven "facts" ('womb evolution' and the whale's pelvic bones) to further their propoganda.

Rare is the man who sees with his own eyes and thinks with his own mind.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #25
ClintonHammond

"an over-generalized statement...SOME question whether or not it's petrified wood"
Most do.... at least it sure seems that the ones who aren't foaming at the mouth do....

"Geological strata could just as well, and more probably, sediment layers from a global flood than "epochs" of evolution."
Only to someone who doesn't know much about geology... Problems With Geological Strata As Flood Sediment

More probably??? Ya... that's why Young Earth is regarded as a fringe theory.... Because it's more probable.... *rollseyes*

Where are these cave paintings of man and dinosaurs together?!?!?!

Cause your "Ica stones" are nothing more than kitch aimed at duping money out of gullible tourists...

Ica Stones:Most Are Fake. The Rest Might Be Examples Of Pre-Columbian Art