Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Archaeology
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #126
Johan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
I wasn't talking about holding back your own faith, but giving credit to other's. I honestly hope that there was enough evidence for me to believe in God on this Earth or enough for you to see that there isn't so that we could share the same view, but unfortunately it doesn't appear so.

In the end it doesn't matter, though, as long as we can both extend our hands to each other and say "you could be right". In the end, it's the respect we show at each other that makes us human, not our beliefs.

You'll make a fine mod one day, should you decide to hang around long enough.

I do and will continue to state my beliefs as fact. Becuase I cannot deny it's authenticity after the things I have seen in my own life. People can share there opinions but they will not change the way I believe...I've witnessed too much for that. I will never say "I may be wrong" in regards to the diety of Christ or anything in scripture...I leave that up to whoever is listening to determine; to have doubt in my own beliefs would be hypocracy and an abomination. I respect what you have to say, and I don't say that "you have to believe what I am saying", I'm just stating what I know to be true. It's not up to me to convince you to believe me or not.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #127
intergamer
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJohan
Has your head been in a hole?....I've seen it firsthand countless times. God is obsessed with man, he loves to meddle in man's affairs. He loves to facinate the human mind with his enormity. Hey, he even became a human, because he is so in love with us.

I for one have a formally trained mathetmatical/scientific mind, capable of analyzing and reducing "enormity" and your so called "miracles". It's simply ockham's razor...
intergamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #128
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by intergamer
I for one have a formally trained mathetmatical/scientific mind, capable of analyzing and reducing "enormity" and your so called "miracles". It's simply ockham's razor...
I'll go all out here...
I have seen God's provision in my life. Not just some "someone gave us groceries" way, but needing and asking God for specific things and seeing them come to pass. It was God's direct provision that got me out of financial debt.

I have been healed by the power of God. I had gout to the point that I couldn't work without being in agony. My faith in and praise of God allowed Him to heal me of it...not to mention countless other ailments.

I've been delivered by the power of God. When I was born again, I was a self-mutilator, a suicidal who had been placed on anti-psychotics. Involvement in witchcraft and a host of other things had me bound beyond measure. I smoked three packs of cigarettes a day. With faith and prayer, I was set free. Not a gradual progression, mind you...I was set free in an instant.

I could go on and on. I think my previous posts will show that I'm not one for spurious claims.

Please understand I hold you in highest regard; however, I don't care how fine a mind you have, intergamer, it can't explain away what God has done for me.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #129
Johan
IndyFan

Quote:

HAHA...sorry to chuckle. But I've never prayed for a blind eye in the name of science to have it instantly see, as I have in the name of my God. I don't recall science ever sending an angel into my room to show me a picture for several minutes (yes I even pinched myself to make sure I was awake).
I've never seen science create a perfectly formed hand in a cloud instantly after the same hand was painted on a canvas during a worship set in front of hundreds. I've never seen science grow teeth in a matter of seconds (some even made of gold (which by the way blew a few dentists minds away).I've never seen science fill up an empty gas tank so I could drive 10 hours strait after I saw that it was empty. I don't recall science ever sending a legion of angels to sing with my band (we all heard it). (these are only a few examples) Any scientific knowledge you have was created by the creator....you only know the extent you do because he has revealed that part of his creation. Your scientific/mathematical knowledge means nothing to Him, you sound just like the magicians/scientists in Moses' day that thought they could do the same miricles.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #130
fortuneandglory
IndyFan

And you know, you don't have to experience a miracle to be a Christian... I've never experienced a miracle before. Sure, I've prayed. I pray all the time. I belive in miracles, and I've never seen them before.
fortuneandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:48 PM   #131
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJohan
I've never seen science create a perfectly formed hand in a cloud instantly after the same hand was painted on a canvas during a worship set in front of hundreds. I've never seen science grow teeth in a matter of seconds (some even made of gold (which by the way blew a few dentists minds away).I've never seen science fill up an empty gas tank so I could drive 10 hours strait after I saw that it was empty. I don't recall science ever sending a legion of angels to sing with my band (we all heard it). (these are only a few examples)
Woah. If I was even a tad more cynical I'd make a comment including a padded cell (which I'd probably regret afterwards), but thank heavens I'm not, so I'll just set to marvel how this much has happened to a single man.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #132
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
Woah. If I was even a tad more cynical I'd make a comment including a padded cell (which I'd probably regret afterwards), but thank heavens I'm not, so I'll just set to marvel how this much has happened to a single man.
What, no comment on mine?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:07 PM   #133
Finn

I just thought, after those "ha has", that a man of that blessing should consider himself lucky... not cocky.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:08 PM   #134
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
I just thought, after those "ha has", that a man of that blessing should consider himself lucky... not cocky.
Then I'll maintain my position as the paradigm of humility...
Old 09-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #135
Finn

You do that, preacher.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #136
Doc Savage
IndyFan

Quote:
You do that, preacher.
That's a term of endearment, right?
Old 09-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #137
Finn

I'm just glad we finally agree on something.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #138
intergamer
IndyFan

Quote:

I'm pretty sure this kind of stuff is also counter to the church, it's rather cultish
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #139
Johan
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this kind of stuff is also counter to the church, it's rather cultish

If you've ever read the bible the things I've witnessed is far from cultish and rather normal. There are some groups in parts of the church that would denounce these things, but if they read scripture for what it is...there is nothing to quesiton. And Finn, I'm not bragging. Why would I brag about something I haven't done but rather what God has. Besides, scripture wants me to testify of these things; I'm just giving some examples of how I've seen God work.
As for the padded cell...they thought the same thing of John The Baptist...so I'll gladly accept it as verbal persecution.

Last edited by Johan : 09-13-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #140
fortuneandglory
IndyFan

Dear lord, why hath mine poste gone astray?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #141
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneandglory
Dear lord, why hath mine poste gone astray?

This post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneandglory
Where are the eons before man, and where do they fit in with the 7 days of creation?

I would chalk it up to topic progression.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #142
fortuneandglory
IndyFan

Don't worry, you're absolutely right, I'm just reflecting for funnies, to lighten the mood a bit.

Or in King James-ese,

Do not fret, thou spake forsooth, I doth reflect for humorous relief, thus to lighten-eth the atmosphere most pleasurably.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #143
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonHammond
Organized Religion. It is nothing more than a tool of old fat men, to have power over others. It is a method of social mind control
Whoa, the communists sure missed (and continue to miss) a great opportunity, huh? If I were to lump all atheists together, CH would have some miserable company. So I won't. And we're not all fat.

Back on topic: with whom did Eve's children reproduce? (Genesis 6:1-2) "When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose." Angels and humans, foolin' around, before and after the flood.

And though no one has yet claimed here to believe earth and man are brand new (long threads are confusing) here's some interesting news from the Onion: "Creationist Museum Acquires 5,000-Year-Old T. Rex Skeleton." So there.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:45 AM   #144
fortuneandglory
IndyFan

LOL Moe... you already know the Onion is fake... so I won't say it... LOL!

But yeah, the Angel thing is an interesting thought. Take a look at my genetics explanation...

If Adam and Eve were perfect genetically, then their kids would develop genetic defects independently of each other... therefore they might reproduce *amongst themselves* without problems like three eyes, and missing toes, and maple syrup urine disease, common in communities such as the Amish.

No really, it's a real disease... I did a presentation on it... it's pretty funny.

EDIT: By the way, I live here in Oklahoma, and that picture was doctored.... the only Museum of Natural History in Oklahoma is in Norman... home of those dirty OU people. Heh... I live in Stillwater, where University of Oklahoma people are thought of as satan.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #145
intergamer
IndyFan

Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam didn't even live at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 PM   #146
fortuneandglory
IndyFan

This is the theory, and it says Most common ancestor... this however is all based on statistics in genetics... Not to say it's not a good theory, I'm just not so posed to buy it.