Indy Legos!!!

Crack that whip

Indyfan4ever said:
Both new Indy sets can be found on this link...it looks like it's the final product, and it looks really cool(y)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=349246

I should have posted this earlier, but some of the new Pirates sets shown there have started turning up already at the Imagination Center LEGO store at Walt Disney World. It won't be much longer now before we have our first Temple of Doom-based Indy LEGO set!
:D

Agent Z

I'm already fighting the urges to finally give in and pick up that Temple of Akator LEGO set. Even at $82 at Wally World, it's tempting.

When the Temple of Doom set comes out, I have a feeling I will simply explode. :D

Crack that whip

Agent Z said:
I'm already fighting the urges to finally give in and pick up that Temple of Akator LEGO set. Even at $82 at Wally World, it's tempting.

Wow, it's that much at Wal-Mart?? :eek: That's one of the very few times I've ever heard of something selling at WM for more than the "standard" price (that set is normally priced at $79.99 or thereabouts; the only other place I can remember ever seeing it for more than that is Toys 'R' Us, which has it for $85.99, IIRC).

Agent Z

Crack that whip said:
Wow, it's that much at Wal-Mart?? :eek: That's one of the very few times I've ever heard of something selling at WM for more than the "standard" price (that set is normally priced at $79.99 or thereabouts; the only other place I can remember ever seeing it for more than that is Toys 'R' Us, which has it for $85.99, IIRC).

Despite common mythology, Wally World is not always the lowest price in town. It seemed like a given at one point that the big W would just automatically be the cheapest but, doing some research and shopping around lately, I am finding that is no longer the case...

thelaw

This may be late, but www.eurobricks.com has this on their rumor list

* 7195 Indiana Jones Ambush In Cairo/Egyptian Bazaar
* 7196 Indiana Jones Chauchilla Cemetery Battle/Mutt Chase
* 7197 Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase/Venice Race
* 7198 Indiana Jones Fighter Plane Attack/Plane Race
* 7199 Indiana Jones The Temple Of Doom

Not much more than before, but it does show a fifth set.

Vance

Agent Z said:
Despite common mythology, Wally World is not always the lowest price in town. It seemed like a given at one point that the big W would just automatically be the cheapest but, doing some research and shopping around lately, I am finding that is no longer the case...

Wal*Mart averages cheaper on a full shopping run, but prices will vary on individual items.

fixer79

Eurobricks.com forum member Christian found some descriptions for the upcoming LEGO sets on wholesalecentral.com...

7199: The Temple Of Doom
What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the air to safety!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 384 pieces.

7198: Fighter Plane Attack
384 pieces.

7196: Chauchilla Cemetery Battle
What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the graveyard!Incredible detail!186 pieces.

7195: Ambush In Cairo
What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy find the treasure before the Germans!Incredible detail!79 pieces.

7197: Venice Canal Chase
What's Indy up to this time?Help Indy get through the streets of Venice!Incredible detail!Based on Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 186 pieces.

Sadly, as you probably noticed, the description of the Temple of Doom set seems to be the one intended for the Fighter Plane Attack... Both seem to have the same number of pieces...
Someone screwed up :)

This leaves us none the wiser about how big the Temple of Doom will end up being...
I hope those 384 pieces mentioned are solely for the Plane Attack, 'cos it seems to be a small amount of bricks for the Temple of Doom set...
The Akator LEGO set had 929 pieces!

Of course, The TOD set might turn out to be not quite so big as we imagine it to be... Sure hope not... I hope it'll be HUGE with mine carts and the water tank and that conveyor belt crusher and everything! :p

Oh boy, I hope the first pictures start coming in real soon... Can't wait to see what the Temple set looks like!
I think I've never been so eager to see a picture of an Indy item...

Deckard

If they do the temple set they must include a ton of minifigs.

Indy
Willie
Shorty
Maharaja

Mola Ram
Chief Thuggee
Temple Priest
Temple Guard

Plus do they do the alter w/ stones, the mines, or the bridge? All 3 would rock but cost a ton. Do you include working mine carts. I think alot of people are already going to have high expectations for a set like this, and I can only imagine being dissapointed.

The other sets sound awesome though.

col.dietrich

fixer79 said:
Of course, The TOD set might turn out to be not quite so big as we imagine it to be... Sure hope not... I hope it'll be HUGE with mine carts and the water tank and that conveyor belt crusher and everything! :p

it will probably just be the sacrafice chamber with the cage, the stone altar and a place for indy to spy on them. the rock crusher would be a whole different set because it would probably be the mines.:D

QBComics

384 pieces!? My anticipation just sank. I was hoping for a full 1000 pieces at $100.

As long as we get Khali Indy, Mola Ram, and Temple Guards I'll be fine. (come on pictures!)

fixer79

QBComics said:
384 pieces!? My anticipation just sank. I was hoping for a full 1000 pieces at $100.

As long as we get Khali Indy, Mola Ram, and Temple Guards I'll be fine. (come on pictures!)

I'm still heavily betting on the fact that those 384 were meant for the Fighter Planes...
1000 at $100 is what I'm hopin' for too... :D

Still, like Deckard said, our expectations are probably too high...
Let's lower them just a notch... :p

Deckard

You could do it and make it affordable, I think. Heres a simple idea i came up with.

doom.jpg

Crack that whip

Vance said:
Agent Z said:
Crack that whip said:
Agent Z said:
Wal*Mart averages cheaper on a full shopping run, but prices will vary on individual items.

Sure, I know WM doesn't always have the lowest prices on everything; my point was just that it seems very unusual for them to have something actually priced above its "standard" pricing. I could see them carrying the Temple of the Crystal Skull set for, say, $79.97 and still being beaten by Target or whatever; it just surprised me to see WM reported to have it for anything above $79.99.

Crack that whip

Re: the Temple of Doom description, I'm fully confident that is indeed just an error (with the description for another set pasted over its own), and the actual Temple of Doom set will have a lot more than 384 pieces. Do note what I mentioned about LEGO's typical set numbering; if all those sets come out at the same time and do have those numbers, the highest number would be the largest of the lot. Go back and look at the set numbers for all the other Indy sets, and keep in mind they were released at different points, in distinct waves.

First wave (with US prices):
7620 - $9.99 (Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase)
7621 - $19.99 (Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb)
7622 - $29.99 (Race for the Stolen Treasure)
7623 - $59.99 (Temple Escape)

Second wave:
7624 - $9.99 (Jungle Duel)
7625 - $19.99 (River Chase)
7626 - $39.99 (Jungle Cutter)
7627 - $79.99 (Temple of the Crystal Skull)

... and of course 7628 (Peril in Peru) and 20004 (Indy's Jungle Cruiser) are exclusives outside the "regular" range. If you look beyond Indy and go to pretty much any other LEGO line, you'll find the same pattern holds true for sets released simultaneously in waves in pretty much every other LEGO line. The piece counts don't always perfectly line up, depending upon the size and "specialness" of the elements in a particular set (for example, Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb actually has slightly more pieces than the larger, more expensive Race for the Stolen Treasure, but that's because the former has a lot of smaller pieces), but in general the piece counts will go up with the size and complexity of the sets, and the set numbers virtually always will (as long as they're all part of the same wave; note the existing Indy sets go up and down in size, complexity and price if you go through them all in order from 7620 to 7628, but that's because they're multiple waves). So long as the info about the new sets is accurate, I'd be all but certain the set 7195: Ambush In Cairo will be the smallest of these, probably a $10 set or so, and 7199: The Temple of Doom will be the big showcase set of this wave - I'd expect it to be anywhere from $59.99 to $99.99.