Hello from Italy!

Yure

Hello and greetings from Naples, Italy (and before you ask, no, the waste management problem is not that big of a deal, at least not in the area where I live :p)

I?ve been lurking on the Raven for quite a while, but finally decided to register? oh well, here?s something about me. I?m nearly 29, big Indy fan since I was a kid (but managed to see only TLC in theathers due to my parents having some concerns about TOD and being only 2 years old when ROTLA came out :D). I have a honour degree in Science of Communication, I majored in Film Studies (history, analisys, language etc.) with a thesis on Cold War and cinema, and now I?m halfway through my Ph.D. in Sociology of Communication, working on audiovisual languages in movies and TV. I share with Indy the love for study and research (and I?ve got some archeology in my blood too), women (eheheh) and adventure (on motorcycle, I travel solo with my trusted camera). I also love to go on movie locations, talking Indy I?ve been to Venice, at the St. Barnaba church that posed as the exterior of the library in TLC, and London.
Feel free to ask anything about Italian versions of the trilogy? i.e. do you know that the famous ?TOP MEN? line has been changed, due to lip synch, to ?TOP SECRET?? And that TOD doesn?t feature Harrison?s italian ?official? voice Michele Gammino, and that led many people to dislike it?

Ah, for the records, my favourite is LC, mainly for affective reasons :whip:

Of course, can't wait for KOTCS!

Stoo

Benvenuto! Interesting fact about the Italian "Doom" voice, Yure.
I love Italy! Have been there 3 times and was in your neighbourhood
a few years ago visiting Pompei. Welcome to The Raven.:whip:

DanRO

Salve!
I wonder why it took you so long to decide for a registration, this is *the* Indy forum at all :)

But that plays no role. Your choice was wise :cool:
And now, go and have fun participating :D

Yure

Thanks everybody :)

@Stoo:Yep, Pompei is right here, fascinating isn't it? Also Ercolano is beautiful, although not as popular as Pompei. I've been once in Montreal, in 2004, great city, expecially the old part :)

@DanRo: you know... "I'll do it tomorrow" :D

Ciao!