Super Hero movies!

theinfiniteweird

((This thread inspired by theinfiniteweird's recent viewing of Fantastic 4.))

What's your favorite Super Hero movie?
Which is the worse do you think?
Comments about any of them?
Whatever. Just discuss!

Superhero movie= any movie about a Superhero/s.

Jay R. Zay

i've just seen Batman Begins and i think it's a very well done and believable movie. i also liked the one with Jack Nicholson as The Joker.

i don't like superhero films in general but at least Batman Begins is exceptional. there is another superhero movie i enjoyed, Captain America. unintentionally the most funny one i've ever seen. ;)

Paden

I'd have to agree with the previous comments on Batman Begins. In my mind, it's the best screen treatment of that character to date. A number of good castings in that film, but I thought Bale did extremely well with Wayne/Batman: he really captured the emotional complexity of the character. I've also really enjoyed both of the Spider-Man films. The treatment of Peter Parker in both of those movies was excellent, giving the character depth and humanity.

Captain America? Lord, I thought I was one of a handful that had seen that waste of film. Words cannot easily express just how terrible that movie was. You're right, it's one of the best accidental comedies ever produced.

00Kevin

Indyfan
temple of john said:
I enjoyed the original "superman" with Christopher Reeve and also "Batman Begins"

ditto, these are the only superhero films that I can rank at a 'star wars' 'indiana jones' or 'james bond' level

and of course...teenage mutant ninja turtles :-D

theinfiniteweird

I have to say the Superman movies were superb and set the Genre.

Hulk- that one set the bar a little too low. Haven't seen Captain America, but can't be as bad as Hulk. Actually, not all of Hulk was that bad. Way too much storyline and not enough action- actually, the action was there, but since most of it was CGI and looked like it was CGI, it just wasn't very good...period. Although I do have to say, the bad guy (at least his power)in this movie (his dad, I think) is the most awesome bad guy (I think) in any superhero movie- very original to me.

Spiderman- really good movies. Second one went a little too fast and slow. The second one is still introducing him using the "Spiderman no more". It was WAY too soon to use that storyline. That should've been in tyhe third or even fourth movie. And they're already brigning the Green Goblin back? Good movies none-the-less.

Fantastic 4- all around awesome. Could've done tons better, which is my only complaint. So if the movie was very very good but could've been so much better, that means even though it was "crappy", it was still good. Excellent movie, I'd vernture to say my favorite.

Batman- Yet to see Batman Begins, but the first three (Keaton, Keaton, Kilmer) were excellent. The fourth just killed it totally. What were they thinking? Yuck.

Grimdiana Bones

Batman is the best series I think. The first 2 burton films were fantastic and really captured the brooding mood of gotham city. Christian bale is definatly a better bruce wayne/batman, but I didn't like nolans depiction of gotham as much as burtons. The other 2, I'd rather not talk about.... :p

IndyBuff

I'm not a huge Batman fan but I did see Batman Begins a couple weeks ago and thought it was great. It was especially interesting for someone like me, who has little knowledge of Batman and how he came to fighting crime. What I've seen of the Spiderman movies has been pretty good too and Superman still ranks as a classic for most people.

On another note, does anyone remember The Phantom? It came out about a decade ago but it was pretty well done and parts (especially the beginning with the temple and the rope bridge) kind of reminded me of an Indy movie.

Grimdiana Bones

Indy said:
On another note, does anyone remember The Phantom? It came out about a decade ago but it was pretty well done and parts (especially the beginning with the temple and the rope bridge) kind of reminded me of an Indy movie.

I actually just saw that on tv recently. It was pretty good, I had seen it when I was younger and enjoyed it because of the occult themes that were much like an indy movie. :)

theinfiniteweird

The Phantom was pretty good until, except all the really corny stuff (like his ring at the end).

I can't remember the name of it, but there's a superhoer movie making fun of superhero movies. It's got a black guy as the hero- all nerdy with nerdy glasses. His friend who's got his head on straight decides to help him (sidekick). They have to disarm or gte a bomb in a girls restroom. Is it Blankman? I like it a lot simply to compare to superhero movies for us movie nerds who like analyzing movies and such.

Superman- Seen bits and pieces but I really want to see the original with Christopher Reeve
Batman- Saw the latest one, probably my favorite movie of the year so far. I want to see the first two. I've heard the last two suck...
Hulk- Waste of time
Spider-Man (MY FAVORITE)- First one was awesome. Second was a disappointment. Great all around entertainment
X-Men- IMHO it broke the short curse of bad superhero movies
Fantastic Four- Fun to watch, but short in general. Don't care for it that much

The thing is that all of the Marvel comicbook adaptions after 2002 are just riding on the coatails of Spider-Man's success!

theinfiniteweird

Oh yeah! The Incredibles! Awesome movie, I agree.

Anyone like Steel (Shaq), or meteroman? never seen either myself, but i've heard their good for being poor (or something like that).

yeah, i have to agree that The fantastic 4 was a little short. well, the storyline was great, but it was like the Hulk. The battles with the bad guy just weren't there. The only time they really encountered each other was that last fight, and that was rather short. There was'nt much sense of tension.