Ancient aliens

Finn said:
While it's not obviously a healthy baby, it's still a big one with many people's toils poured into it to bring it to the lengths it has this day. I simply don't feel like it's my place to decide if it's time to bring it down. Cue the poll recently added.
Cut it off and two more will grow back in it's place...

Nice Pontius Pilate imitation!

Mickiana said:
If it was up to me I'd close it. Nothing has been achieved and it's not even interesting. I've got nothing in particular against it but I've got even less in favour of it.
Mic, I love ya, but I disagree! The ONLY change I would make would be to move it to Open Discussion. The only examples of Archaeology were presented by the "Con" side.

I hate to agree with "The Dark Side" but even Sharkey had some reasonable points, so there's growth right there. Resident Alien enlisted help and I was rivited to see who had what to say.

Why lock down something thats evolving and fighting for life?

I say let it live.:hat:

Stoo

Finn said:
I don't see what's particularly ridiculous about these quotes. 'Simple' attached to an issue is something that varies greatly, sometimes even within a single person. For example, one day, moderating a message board might be real simple. Another, hard as hell.
With all due respect, when something becomes "hard as hell" then it's not simple anymore.;) Anyway, I voted to let the thread live.

From back on page 39:
DeepSixFix re: "In Search Of" said:
Wow, I loved that show! (Notice the Crystal Skulls in the intro?)
Yeah, I noticed the crystal skulls and think I even saw that episode.:eek:

DeepSixFix, if you're old enough to remember "In Search Of" then maybe you've seen the 1975 documentary film, "The Outer Space Connection"? It's about the ancient alien theory, narrated by Rod Serling and has a VERY CREEPY soundtrack. I saw it in the cinema back in the day and owned the book, too, but it's now finally available on DVD (coupled with the "Chariots of the Gods" film).

Alan Landsburg who produced the documentary (and co-wrote the book) also produced a few episodes of "In Search Of".

RyOHyAQKRkovyiD.jpg

Matt deMille

For the record . . .

Parrot asked me broad questions, so I gave broad answers, with the caveat that they were trail-heads to explore, the beginnings of discussions (thus details to follow). His immediate reply was THERE IS NO EVIDENCE. Rather than get angry, I simply told him that if the vote is already in before the evidence is even allowed to be seen, there was no point in further discussion with him, because his mind was clearly made up. I am only interested in pursuing serious discussion with open-minded individuals. Just looking for data to try and shoot down is not being open-minded. It's not neutral. It's no different than a religion trying to take selective evidence to fit pre-conceived notions. I have no interest in feeding any such agenda.

As for those saying or agreeing with the "Con" side being the only ones offering evidence . . . rubbish. What we have here is a kangeroo court. The evidence offered by the "Pro" side is simply dismissed out-of-hand because the Con doesn't like it. Let's not forget it's the Con side who has shown a massive degree of immature behavior as well, hardly becoming of anyone claiming objectivity.

And just for fun, since I was recently taunted about cigar-shaped UFO evidence, I wasn't going to answer because, frankly, it'd just meet the same brick wall of arrogance. But, what the hell. For those who doubt, take a look at China recently. On Sept 11th they had to reroute passenger jets ONCE AGAIN because, as happened in 2009 as well, CIGAR SHAPED UFOs violated the airspace. Yes, a major airport had to basically shut down because of cigar-shaped UFOs that were clearly seen, photographed, filmed, etc. Radar trackings were made, too. But, of course, film and radar do not count as evidence, I suppose.

Stoo said:
... "The Outer Space Connection"? It's about the ancient alien theory, narrated by Rod Serling and has a VERY CREEPY soundtrack. I saw it in the cinema back in the day and owned the book, too..
You gigantic NERD! You owned the book!:p

I've seen all the In Search ofs...well most but Rod Serling! Great writer! Was he involved beyond narration?

Matt deMille said:
For the record . . .As for those saying or agreeing with the "Con" side being the only ones offering evidence . . . rubbish. What we have here is a kangeroo court.
Post your evidence! List sources, provide ANYTHING that can be referenced. You spout heresay and hyperbole, nothing else. SHOW ME!

Speaking of kangaroo court:
Matt deMille said:
there was no point in further discussion with him, because his mind was clearly made up. I am only interested in pursuing serious discussion with open-minded individuals. Just looking for data to try and shoot down is not being open-minded.

You want to rig the arena, you want control...

There are words and there are deeds. By their actions you shall know them, and you run away when you don't get your way!

Matt deMille said:
a major airport had to basically shut down because of cigar-shaped UFOs that were clearly seen, photographed, filmed, etc. Radar trackings were made, too. But, of course, film and radar do not count as evidence, I suppose.
Supply the evidence, cite your sources if you don't want to be called a loon!

My evidence is as good as yours...better even, because its plausible. After all, governments conduct missle tests and kids fly kites and play pranks. Never seen an Alien though, and niether have you.
...officials later confirmed the object sighted above the airport had been part of a military test at a nearby airbase.

In the far-western province of Xinjiang, another sighting on June 30 is thought to have been a missile test.

A number of sightings in Sichuan province may also be linked to the local custom of flying illuminated kites at night.

Last edited:

Matt deMille

Rocket Surgeon said:
You want to rig the arena, you want control...

There are words and there are deeds. By their actions you shall know them, and you run away when you don't get your way!

My evidence is as good as yours...better even, because its plausible. After all, governments conduct missle tests and kids fly kites and play pranks. Never seen an Alien though, and niether have you.

Rig the arena? Want control? No, that's what people like you do. And since you're referencing my talk with Parrot, let me say that when someone says "There is no evidence" BEFORE looking at the evidence, THAT is control. THAT is rigged.

And since you like to say I'm a liar too, since the cheap-shots apparently won't ever end, here's a few from me: If you want to say you know evidence apart from fantasy, you must be a scientific, educated guy. So, what grade did you achieve? 1st? 2nd? Can you spell? "missle" and "niether" are pretty proper English. But I digress. I myself was called many unpleasant things based in part on my typos and misspellings. So, I guess in the interests of objectivity (if you know the meaning of the word), since you can't spell either, all your arguments must be as invalid as my own, by the rules established by your peers.

Oh, as for evidence: http://www.livescience.com/space/etc/ufo-china-airport-delays-101005.html

But it's just a missle, right? I didn't think missles would be allowed to go into civilian airspace eight separate times.

As for "running away", I suspect this is beyond the immature nature of my flamers to understand (as evidenced by their continued antics), so I'll only say this once: Sometimes the mature thing to do is simply walk away from a useless argument. So, consider me walking away from this one. Call it running away if you want. I call it not wasting further energy on a rigged game.

Last edited:
Matt deMille said:
Rig the arena? Want control? No, that's what people like you do.
No, that's what YOU do!:p

You debate like a child...(n)

Matt deMille said:
And since you're referencing my talk with Parrot, let me say that when someone says "There is no evidence" BEFORE looking at the evidence, THAT is control. THAT is rigged.
Let you say? No one's stopping you! To clarify I was referencing your tendency to complain when someone expresses themselves outside the boundaries of your personal state sanctioned arena. There is an established method to invalidate those claims: provide evidence. One must always remember that the burden of proof is on the person making a contentious claim, and your claims are oh so contentious! My evidence? This thread! See? It can be referenced!

Matt deMille said:
And since you like to say I'm a liar too,
When did I EVER write that you were a liar? I NEVER called you a liar! But by libeling me I don't have to, you've proved it your self. I will say it NOW! YOU ARE A LIAR!

Matt deMille said:
since the cheap-shots apparently won't ever end, here's a few from me: If you want to say you know evidence apart from fantasy, you must be a scientific, educated guy. So, what grade did you achieve? 1st? 2nd? Can you spell? "missle" and "niether" are pretty proper English. But I digress. I myself was called many unpleasant things based in part on my typos and misspellings. So, I guess in the interests of objectivity (if you know the meaning of the word), since you can't spell either, all your arguments must be as invalid as my own, by the rules established by your peers.
You got me...I have to admit. You're right. I believe. Proof schmoof!

Oh! Proof!
Matt deMille said:
Oh, as for evidence: http://www.livescience.com/space/etc/ufo-china-airport-delays-101005.html But it's just a missle, right? I didn't think missles would be allowed to go into civilian airspace eight separate times.

Rick Previon(Dancer)"So they infiltrated the British Ministry of Defence. Right on schedule."

Oh, Matt, how did you vote?

Last edited:

Lambonius

Matt, PROVIDE some evidence, and people will start to take you seriously.

And by the way, an online article and an almost entirely black video with a few seconds of out-of-focus lens flare are not evidence. Evidence is verifiable, and there is nothing verifiable about that ridiculous crap.

You keep talking about people dismissing you without looking at the evidence, yet you NEVER GIVE ANY.

News flash: Nobody wants to engage in baseless discussions with you if you aren't going to ever provide any verifiable evidence. The fact that you continually refuse to do so and then complain because people are being dismissive is laughable. You like to talk the talk, so walk the walk. PROVIDE SOME EVIDENCE. CLEAR, VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE. It's not that hard.

Unless what you're trying to prove has no evidence, of course.

Matt deMille

Check the media. News outlets everywhere are talking about it. The airport has more than video, by the way. As I already said, they have radar tracking of the UFO as well. But if you're expecting ME to provide radar recordings, that shows the unreasonable expectations the Con-UFO folks tend to have. Consider this: The airport shut down. That's a fact. They airport reported UFOs. That's a fact. The airport said they have radar tracking. Brightened photos clearly show the object, a classic "cigar-shaped" UFO.

What more do you want?

This reminds me of the Chicago airport UFO a few years back. Dozens of people saw it. The craft was photographed. The radar tracked it too. But people still refused to accept it. Even though the photos were right there in front of skeptics' eyes, they do what they always do -- Turn a blind-eye.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. No amount of evidence is going to make a difference if people are locked in an "it's not real" mind-set.

Just Google it, for God's sake. It's not hard. Google "China UFO" and do what skeptics never seem to do -- LOOK!!!

For the record . . .

If YOU have evidence YOU Google it. YOU post it here, and claim it as YOUR proof. Don’t send people off on some wild goose chase with the distinct possibility of you dismissing their “finds.”

Regarding your earlier comments, the most difficult aspect in any style debate with you is the shifting sands you build your posts on. Exhibit A: Your comprehension.

Matt deMille said:
For the record . . .As for those saying or agreeing with the "Con" side being the only ones offering evidence . . . rubbish. What we have here is a kangeroo court.
While your resistance to remain focused on a point, a poster or theme gives you the needed room to evade, it never offers you the opportunity to be definitive.

I simply mentioned Archaeology.
Rocket Surgeon said:
The only examples of Archaeology were presented by the "Con" side.
By the way you misspelled kangaroo.

Oh, I did check it; they identified those unidentified flying objects. They said they were missiles.

Post your photographic evidence Matt! Post it! You say they’re classic! Post them!

Really Matt, if these things were recorded and verifiable, why isn’t the media still talking about it?

Glad to see you back in the "rigged game business."

Last edited:

Gabeed

Matt deMille said:
Check the media. News outlets everywhere are talking about it. The airport has more than video, by the way. As I already said, they have radar tracking of the UFO as well. But if you're expecting ME to provide radar recordings, that shows the unreasonable expectations the Con-UFO folks tend to have. Consider this: The airport shut down. That's a fact. They airport reported UFOs. That's a fact. The airport said they have radar tracking. Brightened photos clearly show the object, a classic "cigar-shaped" UFO.

What more do you want?

This reminds me of the Chicago airport UFO a few years back. Dozens of people saw it. The craft was photographed. The radar tracked it too. But people still refused to accept it. Even though the photos were right there in front of skeptics' eyes, they do what they always do -- Turn a blind-eye.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. No amount of evidence is going to make a difference if people are locked in an "it's not real" mind-set.

Just Google it, for God's sake. It's not hard. Google "China UFO" and do what skeptics never seem to do -- LOOK!!!

Translation: "I arbitrarily after fifty pages of arguing and backlash suddenly won't discuss Sodom and Gomorrah anymore after Parrot said something mildly assertive amidst a large amount of points I can't/won't refute, but I'll be more than willing to argue about modern UFO occurrences for the next dozen pages against the same 'close-minded' people I won't discuss that previous topic with."

:rolleyes:

Matt deMille

Gabeed said:
Translation: "I arbitrarily after fifty pages of arguing and backlash suddenly won't discuss Sodom and Gomorrah anymore after Parrot said something mildly assertive amidst a large amount of points I can't/won't refute, but I'll be more than willing to argue about modern UFO occurrences for the next dozen pages against the same 'close-minded' people I won't discuss that previous topic with."

:rolleyes:

Translation: Gabeed can't read.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Post your evidence! List sources, provide ANYTHING that can be referenced. You spout heresay and hyperbole, nothing else. SHOW ME!.

So I show evidence. With perfect timing too, since Parrot wanted to know more about "cigar-shaped" UFOs, which is what was reported over China in the link I provided.

Further translation: Skeptics and naysayers demand evidence, and when it's provided, they change the subject then accuse me of changing the subject. Go figure.

Gabeed also seems to claim psychic ability, as he infers knowing what Parrot and I spoke of in PM, be it S&G or anything else.

And, full circle, back to Gabeed can't read: I said I was done with discussing this openly because of the immature flak I get from noisy negativists like him, and that I would only discuss things further in PM. Somehow this is conveniently forgotten when he or anyone else again wants to accuse me of not discussing things further. in this open thread.

Last edited:
Matt deMille said:
So I show evidence. With perfect timing too, since Parrot wanted to know more about "cigar-shaped" UFOs, which is what was reported over China in the link I provided.

Space
UFO Forces Closure of Chinese Airport
Submitted by LiveScience Staff

posted: 05 October 2010 12:20 pm ET.
Comments (12) | Recommend (23) .

They're baaaaaack! A Chinese airport reportedly had to divert passenger jets to prevent them from colliding with a UFO earlier this month.

The airport in Baotou, Inner Mongolia kept three flights from Shangai and Beijing circling overhead and shut down for an hour on Sept. 11 until the mysterious bright lights had vanished.

This marks the eighth reported UFO sighting in China since June, according to The Daily Telegraph. But officials admitted military tests accounting for at least several of the cases.

China has not been alone in experiencing mysterious, sometimes unexplained UFO phenomena. A press event took place late last month where former U.S. military airmen claimed that UFOs had somehow disabled nuclear missiles at U.S. and British silos.

As with any good sighting, there's some video footage available where you can see ... not much of anything at all. Still, that doesn't mean nothing was there – air traffic controllers spotted the UFO on their radar screens, according to ANI.

Read full story at The Daily Telegraph

What is this evidence OF Matt?

UFO closes Chinese airport
By Our Foreign Staff
Published: 9:36AM BST 05 Oct 2010

An airport in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, was forced to shut to prevent passenger jets crashing into a UFO, according to reports.
Three flights to Baotou from Shanghai and Beijing were reportedly forced to circle the airport until the UFO disappeared.

Two other flights were diverted away from Baotou and to the nearby cities of Ordos and Taiyuan. The airport was shut for around an hour "to guarantee safety" according to a spokesman.

Witnesses reported a bright light shining in the sky on September 11 around two-and-a-half miles away from Baotou airport, before suddenly vanishing.

The incident was the eighth reported UFO sighting in China since the end of June.

Xiaoshan International airport near the eastern city of Hangzhou was shut down on July 8 because of a UFO, although officials later confirmed the object sighted above the airport had been part of a military test at a nearby airbase.

In the far-western province of Xinjiang, another sighting on June 30 is thought to have been a missile test.

A number of sightings in Sichuan province may also be linked to the local custom of flying illuminated kites at night.

Last edited:

Matt deMille

I'm sure airports always close down for someone flying a kite. I mean, this is a local custom, right? So the airports should have regulations in place for shutting down a multi-million-dollar-a-day business because someone is flying a kite like they routinely do. After all, those kites are dangerous to airplanes!

And let's not forget, governments never lie. I'm still waiting for someone to answer why our own government needed to change the Roswell story FOUR TIMES. First, it was a weather balloon. Then it was a Mogul balloon. Then crashed-test dummies. Then it was a balloon again. I forget, I stopped checking. But, why check? I mean, they NEVER LIE. Four different stories and they never lie. And no other governments lie, either. Especially not to cover-up UFOs. Nope. We don't need to cover-up UFOs. We've got supreme defense capabilities. I mean, we test them multiple times in civilian airspace.

I know I said I was walking away, but I just have to comment on this: The absurdity of believing government cover-up stories or such insultingly ridiculous "explanations" as "kites" just shows how desperate skeptics truly are to dismiss UFOs without taking a serious look at them, be it in modern reports or ancient accounts. I say again: What good would evidence do with people who are clearly so absolutely determined not to see anything that wasn't programmed by their little school textbooks?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Let's leave PSYOPS out of this discussion.

I dated a 4.0 PolySci Major who happened to be a bi-sexual stripper (along with her mother*) in the Army, back in the summer of 1998. I happen to know a bit about how the media is used/abused to influence the masses. Both for and against whichever side you're on.

____
*no, Finn, I didn't date her mother, too.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:

I dated a 4.0 PolySci Major who happened to be a bi-sexual stripper (along with her mother*) in the Army, back in the summer of 1998. I happen to know a bit about how the media is used/abused to influence the masses. Both for and against whichever side you're on.

____

These must be very painful recollections for you, Pale Horse (specifically the part about the bi-sexual stipper). I'm surprised you can even bring yourself to mention it. :p

Since this thread is all about evidence you should really submit some photographic evidence of her work activities, so that we may discuss her finer points. It might not have anything to do with ancient aliens, but neither does much of this thread. ;)

teampunk

Pale Horse said:

____
you don't believe in ancient aliens but you expect use to believe you knew a bi-sexual 4.0 polysci army stripper? i think not!:D

I really do have to apologize to Matt. I was in my study last night taking solace in the good book and contemplating the day's outbursts. There were some revelations that I'm not quite sure how to broach on the board here that will shake the foundations of history as we know it. I'm just waiting for the right time/suitable inspiration. Thank God in Heaven this thread is still open!

Brace yourself.

Pale Horse

Staff member
"...(3) And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed (4) all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against (5) them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and (6) fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood..."

The Book of Enoch, Chapter 7: 3-6

according to this historic book, the Nephilim are aliens. Now we have the 'ancient'...connection. Anyone want to take on the decendants of Anak (a Canaanite)? Or as they are know..the Anakim.