Indy has a daughter?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
temple of john said:
I don't really care for the idea of the daughter tagging along. care to share what the artifact is? A hint maybe?

More like was, I honestly don't have a clue about the new script. Indy and Co. were searching for the Garden of Eden and its Flaming Sword. The story was that the Soviets felt that the Sword and the Tree of Life would make them more powerful than the US and thus they could take over the world with their Communist ideaology. The story ended with Indy having to blow up the gateway to the Garden...hint, the Garden wasn't on Earth.

The story more or less was a mixture of Stargate, Doom, Saucermen from Mars, and a few other movies, but with Indiana Jones.

Abe Vayoda

Aaron H said:
More like was, I honestly don't have a clue about the new script. Indy and Co. were searching for the Garden of Eden and its Flaming Sword. The story was that the Soviets felt that the Sword and the Tree of Life would make them more powerful than the US and thus they could take over the world with their Communist ideaology. The story ended with Indy having to blow up the gateway to the Garden...hint, the Garden wasn't on Earth.

The story more or less was a mixture of Stargate, Doom, Saucermen from Mars, and a few other movies, but with Indiana Jones.

Forgive me for being skeptical about this script....

However, I gotta say if all that is true, I'm glad Lucas didn't like the script because it sounds terrible. Worries me that Speiblerg liked it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron H said:
The story was that the Soviets felt that the Sword and the Tree of Life would make them more powerful than the US and thus they could take over the world with their Communist ideaology. The story ended with Indy having to blow up the gateway to the Garden...hint, the Garden wasn't on Earth.
My suggestion back on the epic Tree of Life thread - which I wish someone would revive - was that the Soviets regrow the garden in Kazakhstan in 24 hours using ancient seeds from the tree, then nuke it when things get supernatural. Better than a trip to Aetherium.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Interesting... But, weird. Not really an Indy adventure. There really shouldn't be anything that leads to another dimension. That is going too sci-fi for my taste.

Indyologist

Where can I go online to read Darabont's script w/Indy's daughter?

And yeah, I could see Indy hitting on her-- definately! He's a sucker for a pretty face if ever I met one... :rolleyes:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Aaron H said:

Can we tell them the best part, please please please. They have a right to know.

Now this has re-ingnited my interest in all this conjecture. Not wishing to bull you up or anything Aaron but thanks for sharing a snippet of what you know of the Darabont script. Personally i wish if they'd gone with it, based purely on the likely high standard of the dialogue and development of the character in a deep and interesting (and hopefully darker, brooding, cynical even) manner that this writer would achieve; a development I feel is vital for this film, given the ageing of the character and the vast possibilities this presents.

True, the list of films in a similar vain is somewhat bizarre, worriesome even, but surely we dont want Indy IV to be a mere re-hash of its predecessors? I'd trust the screenwriter in particular to make it work somehow, and be true to the spirit of the original trilogy.

One of the many things i'm interested in is the level of action, stunts, set pieces etc in the script, as this is an area of concern for me and many others I feel. Can you shed any light? How did it compare in intensity to the previous three??

Also, I've long had the idea of the last part of such a quest would have Indy destroying the Garden - or in this case the Gateway - but from the inside. Perhaps this is the twist to which you refer Finn? Ho ho. As such, our Hero remains inside, or on the other side. The final view would be the light of the explosion intensifying as we look through the gateway, and as it does so that legendary silhouette is emphasised, and simply turns around and walks away from our view as the light becomes blinding. That'd be a decent grand finale I think! And he wouldn't be dead as such, which would of course always leave that little, tiny speck of a possibility of Indy V...

Joe Brody

Moedred said:
Considering Anne Heche was 27 years younger than Ford in Six Days Seven Nights, it does sound like a recipe for incest.

But it's scary that Heche looked like she was only 7 years younger in the film. The stupidity of some casting choices. . . .

Abe Vayoda said:
Forgive me for being skeptical about this script....

I agree. Stinky, lame story.

indyt

Aaron H said:

I like this. Maybe not so much the Stargate stuff but the Russians planting a new garden. I hope alot of this makes it to the new script. It probably will not.

Indyologist

Moedred said:
Maybe if Aaron ever escapes from George's Rancor pit.

Funny you should mention this. I happen to have a bottle or two of Rancor Repellant right here!

Lemme read the label. Ahem. "Rancor-Gone. Rancors eat the bait, take it back to their lair and share it with other Rancors which then implode. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back."

It's sold by Dolomite, a little-known division of Proctor & Gamble- "A Family Company" (tm)

Abe Vayoda

Indyologist said:
Funny you should mention this. I happen to have a bottle or two of Rancor Repellant right here!

Lemme read the label. Ahem. "Rancor-Gone. Rancors eat the bait, take it back to their lair and share it with other Rancors which then implode. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back."

It's sold by Dolomite, a little-known division of Proctor & Gamble- "A Family Company" (tm)

It must work. It's made from The Tough Black Mineral that won't cop out when there's heat all about. It's dolomite baby!

Paden

temple of john said:
Well, I hoping you do tell us the best part because so far, it doesn't sound all that great. :(
What if it's a ruse? What if the story that Aaron has been discussing is the actual plot of Indy IV? Perhaps the whole thing was on the verge of being leaked by a disgruntled Skywalker Ranch employee and, knowing that all was going to be revealed, the Lucasfilm press machine decided to attribute the plot to Darabont's rejected script. Then, lo and behold, in 2008Indy IV turns up with a storyline that is strangely familiar to those that have been following the film's development...;)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Paden said:
What if it's a ruse? What if the story that Aaron has been discussing is the actual plot of Indy IV? Perhaps the whole thing was on the verge of being leaked by a disgruntled Skywalker Ranch employee and, knowing that all was going to be revealed, the Lucasfilm press machine decided to attribute the plot to Darabont's rejected script. Then, lo and behold, in 2008Indy IV turns up with a storyline that is strangely familiar to those that have been following the film's development...;)

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Whoops, wrong thread. :p

Garrett

I wouldn't be suprised if the story line was very similar to Darbont's script. Aren't the new scripts just revisions of a similar plot?

Anyways, I kind of like the story so far even though it sounds kind of lame. Thinking back on the previous three... all of the Indiana Jones story lines sound silly until you see the movie.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure "and this time he's bringing his dad" made a lot of people cringe at first. Probably the father-daughter relation wouldn't be part of the Indy 4 press, if it's revealed near or at the end. Still, most people would know about it walking into the theater, as with Superman Returns.

I love what I've heard of the plot so far! I bet there's a scene where Indy talks about his own mentor, then she mentions her grandfather whose private library back in Chicago inspired her to study archaeology, and they don't realize they're talking about the same person.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Whipper said:
She seemed an average-looking, ordinary soccer-mom sort of gal, probably in her mid-30s or so. Redheaded, hair down to just past her shoulders
Mid 30's in the early 90's? Hmmm... seems doubtful she was conceived in 1936 on the Bantu Wind. Though if they have to fudge the timeline to create the perfect Indy 4 script, I won't complain.