Best Belloq Runner-Up?

IndyScout-117

So we all know Belloq is Indy's dark rival. Of all the Indy villains (books, movies, comics, etc.) who would be a close second to Belloq?

My opinion is Leonardo Sarducci from Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone. He's definitely got a lot of similarities to Belloq and a few differences. Sarducci was absolutely mentally insane from his head trauma, but is incredibly clever and cunning like Belloq is. One major difference though is Sarducci does what he does in the name of Mussolini's fascist agenda, while Belloq does what he does for Belloq only.

What are your opinons? :D

TheFirebird1

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Sarducci-he was truly an extremely threatening character. However, I think there's another to be added to the list.
Claude Belloq, Rene's brother from Indiana Jones and the Eye of the Fates. He definitely shares a lot of traits with his brother, but is much less mercenary and more Bond villain-he literally has a base off the shores of Hokkaido. He has no moral qualms, and his only real desire is revenge on Indy for Rene's death. The final twist at the end of his plot is played pretty well, because it shows how manipulative he simply is, able to bend people straight to his will.
And, like his brother, he seems to be just fine with working for the Axis Powers, although it seems that he has control over the partnership.

IndyScout-117

TheFirebird1 said:
I wholeheartedly agree with you on Sarducci-he was truly an extremely threatening character. However, I think there's another to be added to the list.
Claude Belloq, Rene's brother from Indiana Jones and the Eye of the Fates. He definitely shares a lot of traits with his brother, but is much less mercenary and more Bond villain-he literally has a base off the shores of Hokkaido. He has no moral qualms, and his only real desire is revenge on Indy for Rene's death. The final twist at the end of his plot is played pretty well, because it shows how manipulative he simply is, able to bend people straight to his will.
And, like his brother, he seems to be just fine with working for the Axis Powers, although it seems that he has control over the partnership.
I did not know about this. Eye of the Fates is a comic?

TheFirebird1

Eye of the Fates is one of those "Find Your Fate" gamebooks published in the 1980s. Claude was one of the main characters.