The Top 10 Greatest Moments from The Opening Sequence of The Temple of Doom

dogsbenedict

yes

i'll never tell. well, firstly it's a parody of clip shows; you may have seen these cheap tv shows with 'celebrities' waffling on about subjects they know little about, but enough to blag the pay cheque. second, the absurdity of the subject, as in the title.

then again, i'm not going to argue you into enjoying it.

TheLastCrusader

I like the idea, but I very much dislike the raping of the subject. If I want to see the sequence, I'll just pop in my DVD. On top of that, there's a line Harrison says that gets repeated like a million times! Don't do that!!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Hope I don't shock anybody here, but I've been enjoying it. Guessing that slugging the cigarette girl is number 4, but I guess we'll see. Mrs. Robinson's a musical cue was an inane inspiration, and I liked what you did with the bit where Indy knocks the gong off, and the beginning of that musical cue.

If you guys don't like this, you might hate this, but it's brilliant.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vpA88oPo8JU

dogsbenedict

temple of doom the series

i've seen this already....love it. especially short round. and the use of 'chatter lal' as a lovable cult character.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Eh...they've finally stumbled. The Lord of the Rings bit was just dumb. I get the point about grasping at straws, but that's better done within the actual framework of the gag, I think.

The song, however, was a brilliant entry.

dogsbenedict

A fan of clip shows like 'I Love 1980s' and '100 Greatest Moments in Chimps in Space/Chimp Bodyswitch/Sporty Chimps movies"'?

If you answered a simian howl of 'yessss!', then you'll probably love The Top 10 Greatest Moments from The Opening Sequence of Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. Features a host of top celebrities giving their insightful views on this classic sequence.

This includes top cineaste Mark Kermode, the TV presenter that puts the WInkelman into Winkelman-tastic (yes, Claudia Winkelman), Kurt from Hollyoaks and Bill Cosby.

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=indytop10

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Really, if this is self-promotion, that's fine, just make up your mind over whether you are or are not the maker of these.

No. 2, "I go first!" was an incredible segment that made up for how utterly horrid No. 3, "You're late!" had been. I get the idea, I think, but it just didn't work for me.

oki9Sedo

That guy doesn't even look like Mark Kermode. You could have put at least a little effort in to make it convincing. The snippet of Frodo jumping on Gandalf doesn't help matters either.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I really loved these. Thanks. Loved Buford Tannen and Willy Wonka, and Frodo & Gandalf in the opening montage, as if there were nothing unusual about it, went even farther towards redeeming that segment.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Normally I don't approve of following one of my own posts, but since almost 7 years have passed, I'm willing to make an excuse.

I'm seeing Fellowing of the Ring for the first time since it's initial release - which is to say, for the first time since this Top 10 was produced - and seeing the "You're late!" scene immediately made me think of this.

Glancing at it now, the concept is still quite funny to me, but I'd forgotten the truly miserable blackface.