Toy Fair Coverage

KOTCS

In anticipation of Toy Fair 2008 Hasbro just posted some new pix of Indy Toys!!! Temple playset and deluxe figures shown for the first time!!!

http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/

The German trooper on the motorcycle looks incredible and the playset doesn't look too bad (definitely based off of Mustufar).

ChromiumBlue37

Sweet Mary Mother of God!!!!

Super articulated Arabian Horse!!!!!!!!!!! The Mustafar/Temple of Akator looks very decent. They really worked that mold over. It looks like smaller playsets are added to create a largeer scene. Love the tree with the snake/skulls and Ugha Warrior! :D :D :D

Deckard

The Deluxe stuff is cool..no ark tho...:(

Yikes look at Indy w/ the Jacket, again Hasbro delivers nice looking prototypes and FAILS when it comes to actual product. Look at that holster and the paint apps to his eyes.

They also rehashed the Mustafar set instead of giving us a new playset and that deluxe Indy w/ a tree is fun to play with how? I dunno, I was expecting better. They botched Cloverfield too :

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=863&ID=21030&src=GENEMHT20286

tnswman

Deckard said:

Yikes look at Indy w/ the Jacket, again Hasbro delivers nice looking prototypes and FAILS when it comes to actual product. Look at that holster and the paint apps to his eyes.

They also rehashed the Mustafar set instead of giving us a new playset and that deluxe Indy w/ a tree is fun to play with how? I dunno, I was expecting better. They botched Cloverfield too :

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=863&ID=21030&src=GENEMHT20286

You are ohhh so wrong!!

KOTCS

Deckard said:

I noticed the crappy paint apps on the eyes as well. I doubt that is a production quality piece, it is most likely a handpaintied proto. Hopefully when the Toy Fair pix start to hit tomorrow we'll see some in package shots of production level figures.

Maybe.Not Today

The rehash of mustafar came out better than i expected. That indy in jacket figure scares me though. whoo thats an ugly figure. and why doesn't marion have any knee articulation?

I'm still excited for this line..just..worried.

Deckard

tnswman said:
You are ohhh so wrong!!

What am i wrong about exactly? bcuz I just recently bought some Hasbro figures and can assure you they did not come close to looking like what i saw in the preview pics for them.

Like i said the deluxe stuff looks cool, the horse looks great.

metalinvader

WEll,The playset came out much better then expected,At least in my opinion.I wonder what that arrowhead piece does ( the piece inbetween the figures).

as for the paintjobs..Well,They are mass market figures..Gotta expect it...The eyes are a little scary though on that Indy.

barranca

That Cloverfield monster is Hilarious !!! ( I'm sure I killed something like that in the bath once!) & the playset is just another Typical example of how Hasbro has been ripping people off for years. But for some reason I'll never understand we all still buy it!

Last edited:

Deckard

barranca said:
That Cloverfield monster is Hilarious !!!

I know its so sad... Maybe when i get him if i keep it in the box and move it really close to my face and away and back again and shake it around violently, it will look like it did in the movie? :confused:

barranca

Will Hasbro be showing their 12" figure at Toy fair ? & does anyone know if either Sideshow or Hasbro will be making any other 1/6 figures from either KOTCS or the original movies?

metalinvader

Deckard said:
I know its so sad... Maybe when i get him if i keep it in the box and move it really close to my face and away and back again and shake it around violently, it will look like it did in the movie? :confused:

Having never saw Cloverfield,That's the monster?Man,Is that disapointing to see! :p

One thing I noticed...

40083.jpg

Either the monkeys tail is the wrong way or he is packing heat. LOL!

barranca

The movie monster is much more impressive, scale obviously helps, plus you never quite see all of it.
Hey that's my monkey!! I'll deal with him later!!

Deckard

barranca said:
Will Hasbro be showing their 12" figure at Toy fair ? & does anyone know if either Sideshow or Hasbro will be making any other 1/6 figures from either KOTCS or the original movies?

They have to be making at least 4, there was a special offer for collecting 4 and you can get a 12" scale ark.

Why does the Monkey Man figure look better then Indiana Jones?

And the horse looks like its from a whole differant toyline. Perhaps I'll get the horse and the monkey man to ride it. :(

Also, yea... Cloverfield was amazing, the monster hasbro produced looks more like a cloverfield fetus.

Maybe.Not Today

barranca said:

I might be mistaken, but I remember seeing photos of send away forms for a rumored hasbro mail in promotion. I believe one of the forms was for a mail away 12" scale ark, if you collected 3 1/6 scale figures. If this rumor is true, there will be at least 3 12" figures from hasbro.