The Indy Cast

Stoo

DoomTown said:
Everybody likes Smokey Robinson, right??? :p
Smokey is cool in my books.:)
Mitchellhallock said:
Glad you enjoyed it Stoo...
My shirt is off and I'm strutting around bare-chested. I'm wearing silver, satin underwear and girating my hips. My fists are clenched but my index fingers are extended, pointing in every imaginable direction.:p

Disco RULES! I'm so turned on by this MECO RAIDERS theme! Hoo hoo! Wee hoo hoo! Love the WHIP sound effects. Ride 'em, cowboy! - Gimme more!:p:whip:

DiscoLad

Stoo said:
Disco RULES! I'm so turned on by this MECO RAIDERS theme! Hoo hoo! Wee hoo hoo! Love the WHIP sound effects. Ride 'em, cowboy! - Gimme more!:p:whip:

Either somebody needs to lower the sarcasm or call somebody to go down and thaw out hell.:)

I'm kidding.

DoomTown

Mitchellhallock said:
Glad you enjoyed it Stoo... its amazing the Indy merch I have pilling up around here... and Keith if you're nice I'll send it to you, too!

You have me curious, Mitch. :)

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 123 is here!
This episode Mitch visits Lucasfilm, speaks to Steve Sansweet and Disney Imagineer Brandon Kleyla plus we have the audio from Karen Allen's Q&A with thanks to Violet Indy plus lots more! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! Now available on the ForceCast app!

You can listen to the episode here!

The Drifter

Great episode!
Thanks to Violet for the recording of Allen's Q&A. I also highly enjoyed the Indytrivia section.
Watson must have been feeling evil. "Don't make me go all Skynet on your ass, Pat."

Great stuff, guys! I enjoyed every minute of it.

(Rocko, clean your PM box!)

Stoo

indycast said:
IndyCast: Episode 123 is here!
Finally just finished listening to this marathon of an episode. 2 + 1/2 hours!:eek: It's a good one! (Which is the longest IndyCast episode ever?)

Ed: I'm really shocked that you relegated Meco's disco rendition of "The Raiders March" to the very last 3 minutes. Given your BIZARRE love for all-things-disco, I'd have thought you'd have focused on it a bit more.:eek:

Mitch: Superb segment. Especially all the details about your visit to the inner sanctum of Lucasfilm. I had the chance to get close but nowhere near THAT close! I'm sure a lof of fans are very jealous of your special trip.

Two corrections, though:
1) WILLIS O'Brien was the animator for "King Kong"! Who is HAROLD?:whip:
2) The Indy Exhibition in Montreal hasn't started yet. It opens on April 28th. See ya there!:)

Violet: Thank you so much for recording the Q&A session with Karen Allen!:hat: She always sounds like a delightful person and I'm glad that you bothered to ask John Rhys-Davis about "King Solomon's Mines". (Also great to finally hear the voice of our own Marion Fan Extraordinaire.):)

Rob: The pace of your segments has definitely improved.(y) Personally, I'd welcome Tom Selleck in a small role for a possible Indy 5.

Pat: The live Indy Jeopardy Challenge sounds like it was a HOOT and nice job on the Watson voice. How did you do it?:confused:

Stoo, it's great to get your feedback, as always! I'm glad my segment isn't putting you to sleep - or at least, not putting you to sleep as quickly! :D

I have to echo much of what you said.

Violet, I loved the report from Armageddon. Great work! It was terrific to be able to listen to Karen Allen's Q&A.

Mitch, while I was consumed by jealousy as I listened to your vacation report :) I found it really interesting and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing the fun with us! The only part I didn't enjoy was the lame Skull-bashing from Brandon. :rolleyes:

I already emailed Pat to tell him how much I enjoyed the Watson bit. That was really funny!

I got a kick out of the disco Raiders, too. Not that I'll be adding it to my playlist any time soon, but it was amusing in a slightly unsettling way.

And as for the longest IndyCast, I think Episode 100 still holds the record at a touch over 3 hours. :)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hi Stoo I was close it is Willis Harold O Brien. I was close. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_O'Brien thanks again it was very cool being at ILM. Wish I could take pics beyond the lobby but if you google ILM tour I found others who took shots and posted them.

At Rob you got my email about the Selleck bit. Curious on the outcome. And Brandon despises Skull but to each his own.

And Pat and I are trading trivia on 70s local NYC broadway show commercials thanks to WATSON.

And Meco LIVES!

Last edited:

Robyn

I know I haven't contributed in a long while, I just wanted say you guys are doing an awesome job!

Violet great to see you're a mod now(y)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Here you go. But as a reminder you can always check out the IndyCast flickr page link on the show notes for the things we talk about like the amazing new Hemble custom Sallah and Map Room.
d6a5829b.jpg

bonoferox

Saw this in the recent acquisitions thread immediately after posting. Still, amazing haul :)

Listening to your Sansweet interview now (have to listen in shifts at work).

DoomTown

According to Violets segment, it seems that Karen Allen didn't seem to know anything about ANY 30th Anniversary events for "Raiders"...Mitch weren't you in touch with her about ComiCONN? How about getting Chris Strompolos and Eric Zala at ComiCONN to screen "Raiders: The Adaptation"? Would seem fitting, a great way to have lots of Indy fans finally see this... Just an idea.:)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Per her letter from last year, Ms. Allen said to check with her in Jan. 2011 to her availabilty for our ComiCONN that was scheduled to be May 21. She was waiting to hear news of Indy 5. Due to a Wizard World show in NYC now happening we had to move our show to August 28. My most recent email from Ms Allen is that she will be unable to attend as she will be filming. Which is unfortunate as she lives near CT and was to be our main attraction for a Raiders 30th. As it is now we will have an Indy costuming contest, the cast and crew of "Indiana James and the Lost Shaker of Salt", Topps sketch card artists Matt Busch and Kevin Liell, possible IndyTrivia event, Micheal Golden who did some Marvel work for Indy, possibly Steve Scott from Dark Horse's Indy,original Marvel Indy and other comic art from Anthony Snyder, as well as dealers of toys and comics. Our own Raider.net artist Dennis Budd, Still fleshing out the agenda almost daily. Check out www.ComiCONN.com for updates and the Facebook page. Plus I will take some Indyfans who gave emailed me on a Marshall College/Yale filming location tour. I just heard from Harvey about inviting the Adaptation guys so we'll be looking into that.

Montana Smith

Mitchellhallock said:
Per her letter from last year, Ms. Allen said to check with her in Jan. 2011 to her availabilty for our ComiCONN that was scheduled to be May 21. She was waiting to hear news of Indy 5. Due to a Wizard World show in NYC now happening we had to move our show to August 28. My most recent email from Ms Allen is that she will be unable to attend as she will be filming. Which is unfortunate as she lives near CT and was to be our main attraction for a Raiders 30th. As it is now we will have an Indy costuming contest, the cast and crew of "Indiana James and the Lost Shaker of Salt", Topps sketch card artists Matt Busch and Kevin Liell, possible IndyTrivia event, Micheal Golden who did some Marvel work for Indy, possibly Steve Scott from Dark Horse's Indy,original Marvel Indy and other comic art from Anthony Snyder, as well as dealers of toys and comics. Our own Raider.net artist Dennis Budd, Still fleshing out the agenda almost daily. Check out www.ComiCONN.com for updates and the Facebook page. Plus I will take some Indyfans who gave emailed me on a Marshall College/Yale filming location tour. I just heard from Harvey about inviting the Adaptation guys so we'll be looking into that.

Sounds like you were beaten to the punch by the 2011 Indy Celebration Event in Chicago. They've already secured Ronny Coutteure, Patrick Durkin, Denholm Elliott, William Hootkins, Ronald Lacey and Pat Roach. The word on the grapevine was that Karen Allen offered to attend, but they told her they were already fully booked with stars...

Stoo

Mitchellhallock said:
Hi Stoo I was close it is Willis Harold O Brien. I was close. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_O'Brien thanks again it was very cool being at ILM. Wish I could take pics beyond the lobby but if you google ILM tour I found others who took shots and posted them.
Re. Harold: You are forgiven, Mitch (this time 'round!):p Once again, sounds like it was an awesome trip. I liked your "vacation from this vacation" line and the car sound effects.(y)
Mitchellhallock said:
And Meco LIVES!
For ED DOLISTA & yourself, here's a link to a photo of Meco's 45 RPM single. The owner, Agent5, incorrectly labeled it as a legit release of "The Raiders March". (For such a big fan, how could he not know the difference? BIG pair of rolling eyes here...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99667814@N00/128746163/in/set-72057594111512760?reg=1&src=comment

I wouldn't have found this if it wasn't for our own, Moedred, who provided a link to the main page in another thread.:hat:

MECO SUCKS!:sick: