Indy Rip-offs: Lego Adventures

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
JimmyPSHayes said:
Lego does Star Wars Legos-so I hope as Indy 4 gets closer that they'll do Indy Legos. Until then,these will have to do.

I wouldn't be suprised if Lego made Indy 4 Legos in the future. Lego's concurrents (sp?) are getting bigger and bigger, that is why Lego has changed their selling strategy. They are getting all the "big" licences (Starwars and Harry Potter). So if they juge indy4 as beeing a "big" licence then we're good!!

Yolegoman

You guys are wrong.

Ther reason the Star Wars Legos are licensed, and Indy Legos are not, is because Lucas owns all the productio rights for star wars, but not for the Indy Trilogy, Paramount has those.

So Lucas agreed to Star Wars, but doesn't have the rights to give to Lego to make Indy Lego. Understand?

So Down With Paramount!

Yolegoman

Venkman

Ill news is an ill guest. (Grima Wormthongue)

Nice to meet you at another forum, Yolegoman.
I'm the unknown ranger.

GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

I have been making indy lego ANIMATIONS (not pictures) for a long time and i will soon be making a new one with the new sets i dont use johnny thunder though i use his torso black legs and a wester set hat. Works out great, i will also be recreating the cairo sordsman scene.
-molorom

[Edited by Indy'sTradingPost on 01-10-2003 at 07:01 pm]

Raffey said:
Well except for Kevin who is calling them a 'rip off.'

I don't think anyone else is being judgemental about the toys. I think they are kind of neat but I'm not much of a Lego person.

I am suprised by the fact that Star Wars legos are offically licensed but the 'adventure' legos aren't.

It would probably be harder to copy Star Wars for legos without having the proper liscene.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Re: You guys are wrong.

Yolegoman said:
Ther reason the Star Wars Legos are licensed, and Indy Legos are not, is because Lucas owns all the productio rights for star wars, but not for the Indy Trilogy, Paramount has those.

Not quite, Paramount and Lucas the Man (not LucasFilm) share the rights.

00Kevin

Indyfan
hmmm, I'm surprised that they don't have indy legos anyways

Lucas is in line with lego (SW)

as is steven (movie maker)

Quest

do we want a chaotic unoverlookable indy franchise like with star wars though? :) sure a new figure every so many years, but not like SW, please! :)