Xiii

Goodsport

Anyone here play XIII?

I just got the PC version of this game and it's pretty cool. It's based on a Belgian comic book graphic novel of the same name, which in turn seemed to be inspired by books such as The Bourne Identity. :cool:

And don't forget to download the latest patch (v1.01) for the PC version of the game here (under the heading File Attachments). :)

-G

bored

Average game

Pros

Some levels were fun
good ending (original)
grappling hook was fun
the stealth was pretty good
Cool graphics

Cons
fairly standard shooter, nothing we havn't seen before
David Duchovny sounds have asleep with his crappy voice over
A bit buggy
Whats the point in saving if it doesn't load to the point you were at? it just starts me at the beginning of the level! ****ty system
enemy AI is pretty basic

Gregoire Defence

Ay bored,

Can you tell me the ending to the game? I really want to know, but I don't have time to play it. Maybe I'll play it later. If you don't want to post it to everybody, you can just send me a private message

thanks

bored

Ending Spoilers

In your final mission you face off with the mongoose (Very hard boss) and you kill him. The next level starts on a big boat which is President Walter Sheridan's cocktail party in celebration for his presidential election. you have a friendly chat with mosts of the characters (Walter: The president's brother, Carrington, Jones, Amos ) Although Jones wants to talk with you later privately. Suddenly there are lovely fireworks and everybody is admiring them and one of the characters says "Where is Walter he should see this" and he asks you to go get him. So you go into the boat and you over hear an arguement between Wallter and a girl (not jones but I can't remember who she is) .You enter walter's office and a transmission occurs from an injured mongoose and he says something (sorry I can't remember what is was) and then a flashback (I can't remember what is was) and then Walter appears with two armed guards and says:

"Are the fireworks not to your liking Mr Fly"

"To be continued"

Basically Walter was number I all along. A lot of people hated the cliffhanger but to be honest I actually liked it because it was original

End Spoilers

EvilDevo

yes! xiii is indeed a cool game... i like the windows that pop up when ya kill someone via knife or crossbow or whatever the case may be

Marcus Petrius

I thought it was a bit short. Luckily I didn't buy it, but just borrowed it.

David Duchovny did sound cool BTW. At least I think he did.

Mike

Tequileros

I actually didn't liked the game at all. Seriously the Cell shading was pretty nice and sort, but the story... Sometimes you just could guess where the story went to.. The game was a bit buggy on some parts too.. I recall the I guess second mission where you meet Jones and have to use your grappeling hook.. after 50 restarts Jones finally moved, so I could use my grappeling hook for the first time.

The ending of the game was stupid. If you paid like 50 euro's for a game, and then find out that you have to spend another 50 euro's because the game isn't finished yet... Then that's like weird.. I don't like that, and it doesn't make me play the game again...

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I havn't played the game, but considering none of the comics really have an ending, I wouldn't expect the game to have one. These comics can only be open ended, only the last one will reveal the truth and have a true ending.