The Indiana Jones I want to see!!!

bennihana123

A love interest for Mutt could be interesting. One of Indy's archaeology students, perhaps?

A cameo role for Marion would be nice. And keep the sidekicks to a minimum. I don't want it to be 'Indy and his posse go on an adventure'.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Attila the Professor said:
Well, if we're going to be literal, he didn't.

Actually he did in the Marvel story #9-10 The Gold Goddess: Xomec's Raiders & The Gold Goddess: Amazon Death Ride. If that counts.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Le Saboteur said:
...I would like them to "localize" the story. In other words, no hopping from location to location just because the kids seem to like it. The Tomb Raider series is famous for this: putting "fragments" of some artifact in various parts of the world that bear zero relation to each other.

90% of Raiders takes place in and around Cairo. Nearly 100% of Temple takes place in India, and especially the environs of Pankot Palace. Grail has five locations, two of which are unnecessary. Though, I could be wrong about Venice. I'll need to read up on my Holy Grail lore.

I have to disagree about Raiders since only half of it takes place near Cairo while Temple seemed to me a bit dull and static. Last Crusade was real fun with all this globetrotting, so was Skull.

Le Saboteur

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary

Sakis said:
I have to disagree about Raiders since only half of it takes place near Cairo while Temple seemed to me a bit dull and static. Last Crusade was real fun with all this globetrotting, so was Skull.

You're more than welcome to a contrarian-like opinion, but it's not an effective method of debate. Once you have something worth posting, please try again.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Le Saboteur said:
You're more than welcome to a contrarian-like opinion, but it's not an effective method of debate. Once you have something worth posting, please try again.

I'm not debating on anything, I'm just making a comment. Nothing more nothing less.

indyjones2131

Indy is experiencing/somewhat at odds with a domesticated life with Marion. He still teaches, still does digs, but no gunfights or fistfights. His relationship with his son hasn't quite gone smoothly either.

Then Indy gets word that the Russians are very close to discovering a certain ancient device in the Carpathian mountains. Indy knows this device is very dangerous, but knows too that he has a different life now. Until...

...he learns that his own son Mutt has gotten involved with a nasty group of baddies. He owes them a big debt and agrees to help them track this device down, knowing not only his debt would be paid, but oh the fortune and glory!

Indy tries to track Mutt down, to talk sense into him, but he can't. Indy knows that his son is in over his head with these baddies, but finding this device will be more dangerous yet.

Now Indy must race against his own son to obtain the device before he does. With the help of an old friend on an adventure that reaches from the Gobi Desert to the catacombs of Romania, Indy will reconnect with his son, face old demons, and again be that determined thorn in the side of the Russians.

Oh yeah and Lawrence Kasdan writes it.