IESB reveals Blanchett's role

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
RE Cate

I personally think she will play the role of a South American Archaeologist and will serve as a love interest.

Shipwreck

Primo

Ms. Blanchet has the versatility to play anything and anybody. She played Bob Dylan for God's sake. I'd love to see her all noired out. A true femme fatale. Red lipstick. Cigarette smoke curling around her. Lovely and lethal. The honeytrap for Indy. That'd be really exciting.

Ray Delark

Let us Ay

MsIndy07 said:
Come on guys...Cant we all just get along?? Liek all 4 of us who come here everyday??

Aaaaaaaay!!!
Henry%20Winkler%20motorcycle.jpg

Papa Jones

Primo said:
Ms. Blanchet has the versatility to play anything and anybody. She played Bob Dylan for God's sake. I'd love to see her all noired out. A true femme fatale. Red lipstick. Cigarette smoke curling around her. Lovely and lethal. The honeytrap for Indy. That'd be really exciting.

Yeah, right, but without coming to close to Elsa Schneider.

Violet Indy said:
She's better off a villain frankly. I'd think she'd pull off a Russian commie well.

SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

According to CHUD that is exactly what she is. Or at least wears the uni of a Soviet.

Gobi-1 said:
Exclusive! First Image of Shai from the Indy 4 Set*

shiathegreaserhp3.jpg

*Sorry I hade to do it. :D

Nice Gobi....If it was anywhere near April Fools Day you could post this on TF.N and you being a MOD they'd believe it's validity before they opened it...lol

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I seriously doubt these new age crystals are reason enough to revive the franchise.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Gobi-1 said:
Exclusive! First Image of Shai from the Indy 4 Set*

shiathegreaserhp3.jpg

*Sorry I hade to do it. :D

Nice one! (y) I must say though I'm glad that Indy IV has eye candy for me...

Indy_Chic

*Exclusive! First Image of Shai from the Indy 4 Set*

Lol! Great pic! (y)

I believe Cate would play a great villain! I hope that is what her role is in Indy IV.

Alexandria

Cate is awesome in anything she's in. :) As for the plot and who her character will be to Indy, it still feels up in the air right now. I'm up for anything as long as it works! :whip:
I have to hope and pray that Steven and George have been listening to the fans on this one, and then making decisions from there. remember than we fans don't know everything. Remember "snakes on a plane"? :eek: :rolleyes: That movie was highly changed by the fans and it ended up being one of the worst films out there. Not that will will do the same thing.:eek: but it still hold true, that we should stick to what works for Indy. Stay true to the vision for Indy, and it should all be alright.
Any other thoughts guys?

Oh, and that pic of Fonzzi/shia was awesome! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Niteshade007

Hey, I'm new. This is my first post, but I hope to be more frequent on these boards. But getting back to the topic...

I certainly hope that some of this information is not true. Mostly I'm referring to the Blanchett news. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Last Crusade, and I feel that they are going to try to recreate that by making Blanchett the villain. We've seen that before with Elsa, I really don't think it's necessary to repeat it. One of the things I felt was missing from Last Crusade was the love story, and I'd be disappointed if this one repeated that.

indyt

Niteshade007 said:
Hey, I'm new. This is my first post, but I hope to be more frequent on these boards. But getting back to the topic...

I certainly hope that some of this information is not true. Mostly I'm referring to the Blanchett news. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Last Crusade, and I feel that they are going to try to recreate that by making Blanchett the villain. We've seen that before with Elsa, I really don't think it's necessary to repeat it. One of the things I felt was missing from Last Crusade was the love story, and I'd be disappointed if this one repeated that.

Welcome Niteshade!!

Dr.Sartorius

Here's a new article from the Daily Telegraph:

She is currently filming the latest Indiana Jones instalment in the US and was recently tagged by Time magazine as one of the world's "most influential'' people.

Away from Australia, Blanchett, who is also putting her name and face to Japanese skincare range SK-II, is in serious "action-hero'' mode, playing a Russian villain in the fourth instalment of Indiana Jones, shooting in the US with director Steven Spielberg.
"I grew up watching all the preceding movies, so now to be in one will be quite strange,'' she says.

"When I got the call from Spielberg, I just couldn't pass it up. Harrison (Ford) is certainly the hero. And what is great about it is that I can go in for a few weeks and then come back to it later, as it is being filmed in stages.''

Read more...

Niteshade007

I have changed my opinion now with the appearance of Marion in this new film. My major concern was a lack of love story, and since this film will probably have it, I am ok (and actually kind of looking forward to) seeing Blanchett in a villainous role. I know, quite a change from my last post on the subject.

I still can't wait to see a picture of her in costume.

whipple

Niteshade007 said:
I have changed my opinion now with the appearance of Marion in this new film. My major concern was a lack of love story, and since this film will probably have it, I am ok (and actually kind of looking forward to) seeing Blanchett in a villainous role. I know, quite a change from my last post on the subject.

I still can't wait to see a picture of her in costume.

So there isn't one? I was just about to post in here asking if anyone knew where it was. I thought it existed... am I wrong?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That's right. There isn't any photos. Her role whatever it may be has been kept under wraps. We presume that she is a villain as Marion is in this one and is most probably Indy's love interest in this film. Blancett is rumoured by a few movie sites that she will be a commie villain. I think it was CHUD that said she was going to be a sword wielding Commie. How true that is, who knows?

If she doesn't have a ***** slap fight with Marion in mud/water, I'm going to jump on a plane and set fire to Spielberg's beard and perform amateur liposuction on one of Lucas' necks.