Indy-Cast Trivia II

Sharkey

harvey7297 said:
Okay, you're officially out of material and stealing from me. I'll take this round. Night snarky.
I can see where you're having trouble understanding...that's called a "reply." I'd wish you luck this weekend but it looks like you'll be the one looking in from the outside.

"Officially"? Is that like "The Official Indy Cast Reporter?"
"Stealing?" Fight fire with fire mum used to say.
You'll "take this round?" You can talk yourself in and out of anything Brother!

The Raven EXPLODED last night! I was waiting for commitments before confirming them here...we were close to a rematch from the test round but after last night's flurry I'm happy to say we have a show coming up.

Doom Town,The Drifter and Sharkey are the three...more details to come!

There are some logistical issues, but I'm looking forward to a great game!

Thanks to everyone who played the Jeopardy round on last weeks Indy Cast!

Last edited:
$1000: In 1989 the leather jacket & fedora worn by Harrison Ford went to this Museum

Rocket Surgeon said:
$800: The fourth Indiana Jones movie quotes J. ROBERT OPPENHEIMER quoting this religion's scriptures' "I am become death"

#5517, aired 2008-09-09 THAT J. ROBERT OPPENHEIMER $800: Hinduism

Last edited:

harvey

I was foggy on the rules. :confused:

Thought it was first in with the most correct answers. Didn't know questions were tossed when answered. Oh well...GO KEITH!

Rocket Surgeon said:
$1000: In 1989 the leather jacket & fedora worn by Harrison Ford went to this Museum

What is THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF AMERICAN HISTORY AT THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION?

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
That was why we had a "dry run" two weeks earlier! You were "specially" invited.:)

That was a dry run of the game on the Raven forum. I was foggy on the IndyCast "10 question" rules.

Besides, the Raven dry run was on Super Bowl Sunday. I'm a Steelers fan. I was preoccupied. Then depressed. :(

harvey7297 said:
That was a dry run of the game on the Raven forum. I was foggy on the IndyCast "10 question" rules.
No, the dry run began on January 24 on the Indy Cast, two weeks before the Superbowl. I even pre-empted the planned competition because I KNEW you were a Steelers fan. Plenty of time to ask if you wanted to know!

C'est la vie!
:hat:

They Come in Threes

$200 Hold on to your hats, the duck ride does this three times

Rocket Surgeon said:
#5370, aired 2008-01-04 KEEPING UP WITH THE JONES $800: The Smithsonian

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
No, the dry run began on January 24 on the Indy Cast, two weeks before the Superbowl. I even pre-empted the planned competition because I KNEW you were a Steelers fan. Plenty of time to ask if you wanted to know!

C'est la vie!
:hat:

No need to get defensive bro, I said I was foggy on the rules. Not..."the rules were foggy". That's a slam on myself.

Can't we all just get along?!? :D (That's a joke, btw)

It's all good in the hood. Keith will win. Fort will be defended. Sharkey will cry in his chum. As it should be. Brotherhood rules! (y)

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
They Come in Threes

$200 Hold on to your hats, the duck ride does this three times

#5370, aired 2008-01-04 KEEPING UP WITH THE JONES $800: The Smithsonian

What is DROPS?

Btw - see my answer above. The Smithsonian Institution refers to the GROUP of museums. Indy props are located at the National Museum of American History (the name of the actual museum). Alex would have asked for a more specific answer. Any Smithsonian answers should be tossed and scores penalized. Just sayin' since we're holding the to specs of the show. :hat:

$400 Indiana Jones go to curse word, it’s uttered in English in only three of his cinematic outings.

harvey7297 said:
What is DROPS?

Btw - see my answer above. The Smithsonian Institution refers to the GROUP of museums. Indy props are located at the National Museum of American History (the name of the actual museum). Alex would have asked for a more specific answer. Any Smithsonian answers should be tossed and scores penalized. Just sayin' since we're holding the to specs of the show. :hat:

Wow, having some difficulty letting go it seems. I wasn't getting defensive regarding the rules, just clarifying your personal parsing of "dry run" which began on the Indy Cast weeks before the IndyCast "10 question" game you were foggy about.

What DID Alex say about the answer to that clue?

You may want to listen to Episode 120 again before you calculate your answer...

Last edited:

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Wow, having some difficulty letting go it seems.

You may want to listen to Episode 120 again before you calculate your answer...

:rolleyes:
Really not sure what I'm "not letting go". Be fair now. I COULD say the same about you...but I won't. :D

Judging by some of the vitriol I've seen spewed across all areas of the Raven (voice-off competition, anyone??)...what I've typed is tame by comparison. And actually just a response to the comment preceding it.

You typed - "Plenty of time to ask if you wanted to know!"

It's implied by MY comment ("I was fuzzy on the rules"), that I would NOT need to ask, as I thought I already KNEW the rules. Hence...I was fuzzy. Again, that is a slam on me. Not on you or the contest. Not a matter of not letting it go, simply a matter of clarification so I don't come off looking like a complete jerk.

Your rules are your rules. I DID go back and listen to 120. "Time is of the essence" is uttered. I did not catch that. I was fuzzy on the rules. I'm really not sure what part of what I said you're taking issue with.

Oh, and...my Smithsonian assessment...I stand by. :hat:

harvey7297 said:
Really not sure what I'm "not letting go". Be fair now. I COULD say the same about you...but I won't. :D
But you did...:rolleyes:

harvey7297 said:
Judging by some of the vitriol I've seen spewed across all areas of the Raven (voice-off competition, anyone??)...what I've typed is tame by comparison. And actually just a response to the comment preceding it.
Why bring that ugliness into it?

harvey7297 said:
Not a matter of not letting it go...
:rolleyes: How can you force me to takes sides with Sharkey!;)

harvey7297 said:
I DID go back and listen to 120.
Cool, there were some not so implied points there, like:This episode features a dry run of a Jeopardy style challenge...

harvey7297 said:
Oh, and...my Smithsonian assessment...I stand by. :hat:
Your assesment is frankly wrong. What did Alex say about the clue/answer?

Sharkey

Heh heh...he's all banged up about losing. Too late baby, too late...didn't we do this dance last night?

Too late to bow out gracefully, so cry about everyone else on the board. Go listen to some ABBA!

Take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance
(n)

He can't admit he's wrong...this is pretty funny!

He he comes!

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
But you did...:rolleyes:

There was an Indy smiley face at the end of it. Hence, the joke. The joke being...that I did. So, there's no reason to give me the Indy rolling eyes emoticon. I was saying myself...that I did. Myself. Hence. The joke. NOW is the time for the rolling eyes emoticon. And...here...we....GO! :rolleyes:

Rocket Surgeon said:
Why bring that ugliness into it?

For comparison. To quote you, "I thought that was evident".

Rocket Surgeon said:
:rolleyes: How can you force me to takes sides with Sharkey!;)

C'est la vie! (You're big on the eye rolling, btw)

Rocket Surgeon said:
Cool, there were some not so implied points there, like:This episode features a dry run of a Jeopardy style challenge...

Yup...and there were some not so implied points in my comment as well. As in...You said time was of the essence. I misheard it. I was fuzzy. A slam on me.

Who's not letting go now?

Rocket Surgeon said:
Your assesment is frankly wrong. What did Alex say about the clue/answer?

Just saying it is wrong, doesn't MAKE it incorrect. You have to back a statement up with facts. Such as...THESE, from the Smithsonian's website:

http://www.si.edu/Museums

"The Smithsonian Institution?the world's largest museum and research complex?includes 19 museums and galleries and the National Zoological Park."

It is a museum COMPLEX - not a museum itself. It INCLUDES 19 museums.

"Most Smithsonian museums and the National Zoo are free and open every day of the year except December 25. For a complete list of hours see the information on planning your visit or select a museum from the list."

The Smithsonian HAS museums - it itself is NOT a museum.

So much for "Factual errors or oversights are righted".

I didn't have any problem at all with how the contest was being run. Until now.

harvey

Sharkey said:
Didn't we do this dance last night?

We did. Until you started ripping off my material...poorly. Typical. So I ended you. You're irrelevant. And tiresome. And so is your schtick.

Sharkey said:
He can't admit he's wrong...

If you had some fact to back up that statement, I'd be happy to entertain it. But you don't. A hallmark of irrelevancy. You should really go back to the Muppet Show material...far more entertaining.

harvey7297 said:
There was an Indy smiley face at the end of it. Hence, the joke. The joke being...that I did. So, there's no reason to give me the Indy rolling eyes emoticon. I was saying myself...that I did. Myself. Hence. The joke. NOW is the time for the rolling eyes emoticon. And...here...we....GO! :rolleyes:
Any joke so reliant on such an explanation...
harvey7297 said:
For comparison. To quote you, "I thought that was evident".
You're reading too much into things I think. A rather extreme comparison from my point of view. It was "self evident" wasn't it?
harvey7297 said:
I misheard it. I was fuzzy. A slam on me.
A "slam"? If you've been through the threads this in no way qualifies as a slam from me!Did I say you "miheard" it?
harvey7297 said:
Who's not letting go now?
You.
harvey7297 said:
Alex would have asked for a more specific answer. Any Smithsonian answers should be tossed and scores penalized. Just sayin' since we're holding the to specs of the show. :hat:
What did Alex say?
harvey7297 said:
Just saying it is wrong, doesn't MAKE it incorrect.
I didn't say your answer was wrong, as Alex would say: It's acceptable...your assement about what Alex would say and do is wrong and self serving.
harvey7297 said:
You have to back a statement up with facts.
I like to give you enough rope to hang yourself. The game isn't Smithsonian Jeopardy.

You've said what you think Alex SHOULD have said...what did ALEX say?

harvey7297 said:
So much for "Factual errors or oversights are righted".
Sour grapes, what DID Alex say?

harvey7297 said:
I didn't have any problem at all with how the contest was being run. Until now.
Doesn't read like you're being truthful...

Last edited:

harvey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Any joke so reliant on such an explanation...You're reading too much into things I think.

The explanation was yet...another joke. And...you might want to think again.

Rocket Surgeon said:
A rather extreme comparison from my point of view.

You've taken (and given) MUCH worse.

Rocket Surgeon said:
A "slam"? If you've been through the threads this in no way qualifies as a slam from me!Did I say you "miheard" it?

For the umpteenth time: I. Slammed. MYSELF. How are you not getting that?

Rocket Surgeon said:
What did Alex say?
He said, "Smithsonian" is incorrect.

Rocket Surgeon said:
I like to give you enough rope to hang yourself. The game isn't Smithsonian Jeopardy.

I don't even know what that means. But...no thanks, all the same.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Doesn't read like you're being truthful...
Kidding or not...you really don't want to go there.

And you still haven't told me how I'm "wrong". You just state that I am.

Man:
An argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

Other Man:
It is NOT!

Man:
It is!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/teMlv3ripSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>