Indy 5 progress: Boardworthy yet?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing from February yet!
But here's Exhibit Z from Spielberg, May 19.
It's up to you. There's always a lot of material left for Indiana Jones, and many other paranormal Macguffins or icons to go after... I would like to say if the audience likes this one and they put those same demands on us it's going to be hard for us to say no. But it's not up to me, it's up to them.

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
Nothing from February yet!
But here's Exhibit Z from Spielberg, May 19.

Jeez. Don't you wish they wouldn't shroud the future of Indiana Jones in such secrecy? Cryptic, non-committal, and otherwise useless blurbs from the beards and Ford. I just wish Lucas/Spielberg would just start a blog about their path towards or away from Indy 5, and do so with an honest and open approach. After waiting and wondering for 19 years if we were going to see Indy again, I think this would be the humane thing to do for us. It's really not too much to ask for the fans that have made this such a lucrative franchise.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
news_indy5.jpg

Seems a step closer, doesn't it? Nice work Gilles
news_indy5.jpg
!

Of course, much deliberation precedes a new forum. Here's the chronological order of the forums with their current titles. Except for the short-lived Indy 4 spoiler forum, nothing's changed in 3 years...

Indy DVD Table – 2000-2004
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – 2000
General Indiana Jones Discussion – 2000
Collecting Indy – 2000
Indy Video Games – 2000
Indy Fanwork and Activities – 2000
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles – 2001
Open Discussion – 2001
Feedback – 2001
Archaeology – 2001
Globe-trotting – 2002
Announcements – 2002
Films - 2003
Indiana Jones Trilogy – 2004
Indy Literature – 2004
Indy Gear and Props – 2006
Newbie Forum – 2006
Forum Games – 2006
Forum Rules – 2006

Goonie

Moedred said:
news_indy5.jpg

news_indy5.jpg
!
I'm looking at that V and thinking about the stained glass scene in Last Crusade and thinking...
If only they could give us an Indiana Jones 10 and call it Indiana Jones and the X that Marks the Spot.
;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Moedred said:
news_indy5.jpg

news_indy5.jpg
!

Of course, much deliberation precedes a new forum. Here's the chronological order of the forums with their current titles. Except for the short-lived Indy 4 spoiler forum, nothing's changed in 3 years...

Indy DVD Table ? 2000-2004
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ? 2000
General Indiana Jones Discussion ? 2000
Collecting Indy ? 2000
Indy Video Games ? 2000
Indy Fanwork and Activities ? 2000
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles ? 2001
Open Discussion ? 2001
Feedback ? 2001
Archaeology ? 2001
Globe-trotting ? 2002
Announcements ? 2002
Films - 2003
Indiana Jones Trilogy ? 2004
Indy Literature ? 2004
Indy Gear and Props ? 2006
Newbie Forum ? 2006
Forum Games ? 2006
Forum Rules ? 2006
You forgot Adventures, which was closed and deleted in 2003.

graz

This thread has been an interesting read, but I think there is no point having an Indy V board until production is officially scheduled. I mean, we could have it running for 2 years then have a dawning realisation that the movie just isn't going to be made and have to close the board again. It would be kind of stoopid wouldn't it?:p

Finn

Staff member
The easy counter-argument is to say that we had an Indy IV section running for nearly a decade and back in the day we didn't have even half the hints we have of possible fifth installment now...

But despite that, I'm bound to agree. Guess we'll wait for a little while longer. Rest assured though, if there's going to be Indy 5, there will also be an Indy 5 section at The Raven.

Joe Brody

The Man said:
It's only truly on when they hire the screenwriter(s)...

. . . .and with this crew, that's still only a strong maybe . . . .

But the $$$ is there so I have no doubts. Plus they still have get to Ally McBeal in a flic.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
VP said:
You forgot Adventures, which was closed and deleted in 2003.
Oh, cool .
Newcomers and old ones, please read this.
Gilles V
The year is 1936. This is the Raven bar up in the mountains in Nepal. It has very colorful set of customers... YOU can be one of them. This is a RPG set in a the famous bar called "the Raven" from Raiders of the Lost Ark. We could call it some kind of "spin-off" from the events of the film. As in every RPG, you create yourself a character and walk in to have a drink, have a good time conversations with your fellow adventurers and have a round of darts or throwing knifes. For some reason, you have heard that it would be nice to take some time off from the busy lifestyle of the big world and have ended up in Nepal. You´re climbing up the mountain until you see a village in distance. As you get closer to the village, an old sherpa man you encounter recommends you to take yourself to the bit larger log building in the end of the path they call their "main street". But before you step in, you see a sign nailed in the front door and decide to pay attention... -Acting in a silly manner is fun, even recommendable. Acting like an imbecile ain´t. -Stick to the time frame. Furthermore, PLEASE, DO NOT: Bring in any post WW II-technology, events or persons. This is an Indy board, after all. -Do not go overboard in the events happening in the bar. The only A-Bombs were dropped in Japan, not in Nepal. We also don´t have secret underground subways and Millennium Falcon must stick in the galaxy far, far away. -Bringing a firearm with you is allowed, even recommended. But please left the heavy arms in the hanger. -Bar fights are legalized, but for the love of God, NO BLASTERS, NO BLASTERS! -No time-traveling! We don't need any H.G. Wells references!

Insomniac

Sounds like we might have new place to discuss his latest adventure!
AND HOPE FULLY A MOVIE TO GO WITH IT!!!

Kingsley

An Indy V board will come naturally if the news begin to appear regularly...

After all the previous chatting about Indy IV and after seeing the final movie, I think I'm more excited about the idea of chatting about a new movie than about seeing it released. I can't see redemption coming :rolleyes:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Kingsley said:
An Indy V board will come naturally if the news begin to appear regularly...

After all the previous chatting about Indy IV and after seeing the final movie, I think I'm more excited about the idea of chatting about a new movie than about seeing it released. I can't see redemption coming :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think I'm with you.