Fate of Atlantis Cast if it becomes Indy 4

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, some of the first indy 4 rumors sprang from The Classic graphic adventure 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis'. Once a rumored candidate to be indy 4, it has been all but thrown out.

Regardless, what would the cast look like if it was to be indy 4 and to be shot today (okay, not today today, but within a year or 2)

Obviously Indy would be Harrison Ford, the one and only, makeing him look 40 is really no problem with all the trick hollywood knows.

Marcus would have to be either recasted (I say no) or replaced with a different character or perhaps his role would be combinded with Sophia

the world is your limit, set no boundaries except modern times, real people. It could be 15 academy award winners or vintage unknowns from germany. do what you'ld like.

I really have no Idea where to start and since I only have a few mins here, I'm not ganna go research. I'll say Harrison as Indy and we should honor Denhold Elliot by not having marcus recasted, nor creating a new character, spread his role amoung sophia and others

alright guys, it's yours from here, I'm eager to here some IDeas here.

WHO WILL STAR IN "FATE OF ATLANTIS"?

I would like to see Marcus, Indy, Short Round, Sallah and dad. Herman would be okay if he lost some weight. But does it really matter anyway; it's up to LucusArts.

Garrett

Please God. No Short Round. Also, I seriously doubt Herman would be in the newest film. That doesn't even make any sense.

Too bad about Marcus though. I really liked his character.

My list: Indy, his father, sallah, random girl.

00Kevin

Indyfan
come on guys, don't tell me short round, dad, sallah etc. Give me actors names here

for example:

Indiana Jones .... Indiana jones
Marcus .... Tim Robbins
Sophia .... Kirsten Dunst
Chris .... toby Mcguire
Von Heeerslauf .... Christopher Lee

(I have no Idea what any of the character names where, but lets keep to the characters in the game and comic)

and no, I don't think kirsten dunst is good to play Sophia

Last edited:

indifan101

Grimdiana Bones said:
She is a little young, but also a little hottt.

Maybe nicole kidman instead. :confused:

Kidman? No way! How about Jessica Alba? And for Indy Denis Quaid.
Who's going to play the role of Doctor Uberman? Or Jerry? What about Nur-Ab-Sal?

Last edited:

Grimdiana Bones

indifan101 said:
Kidman? No way! How about Jessica Alba? And for Indy Denis Quaid.
Who's going to play the role of Doctor Uberman? Or Jerry? What about Nur-Ab-Sal?

Jessica alba is too young, and shes not that great of an actor.

How about oscar winner michael caine to play nur ab sal :)

Finn

Staff member
temple of john said:
Indiana Jones...John Holmes
Marcus...John E. Depth
Sophia...Barbara Dare
Chris...Michael J. Cox
Von Heeerslauf...William Philmore
*Ahem*... well, good thing most of us seem to have missed it.

<small>(Damn, I didn't. "GOTCHA!", I know.)</small>

indifan101

Grimdiana Bones said:
Jessica alba is too young, and shes not that great of an actor.

How about oscar winner michael caine to play nur ab sal :)

Michael Caine as Nur Ab Sal? Sorry but no way. Maybe have Vinn Deasal?
And for Sophia how about Angelina Jolie?

Adventurer

my choice would be:

Indy = There can be only one
Sophia = Kim Cattrall (remember the woman in "Big Trouble in Little China"?)
Marcus = Replace Marcus role with Henry Jones Senior; Sean Connery
Sallah = Davies
German Commander-in-chief = Donald Sutherland
German Lead Scientist = Lance Henriksen
Nur Ab Sal = Crispin Glover and ILM (means: a handful of SFX)

indifan101

KDuncan said:
Yeah, nobody could be Indy except Ford.

You forgot to add Jerry's and Doctor Uberman's characters!

Some of you guys need to read the comic book! I know all of the characters.
I have the comic book!

Last edited:

00Kevin

Indyfan
indifan101 said:
You forgot to add Jerry's and Doctor Uberman's characters!

Some of you guys need to read the comic book! I know all of the characters.
I have the comic book!

looks like you beat me to it, i pulled out my comic thursday, typed out a whole post friday, but I lost it because i got timed out of the raven :( bloody 'innactive time limits' :mad:

any ways, here goes my list, a bit un prepared perhaps, but since only 1 other person has even bothered, I guess I'm ganna throw some names out on the table. keep in mind, this is judging from the comic book, i dunno of characters like jerry were in the game itself:

Indiana Jones.............Harrison Ford (No contest)
Marcas Brody.............none (i think we honor the man and don't replace marcus, if you want, reduce his role to a few minutes using stock footage or something)
Sophia Hapgood..........Sandra Bullock (I really have no idea here, who could possibly play sophia? well, sophia in 'infernal machine' kinda remined me of sandra in 'speed', so there you go, and we know that sandra can play a tough role. any one with any ideas? I'm kinda stumped here)
Jerry Travis................Joe Manganiello (well, jerry is a bulky, no too smart, football playing college student. Joe's role as 'flash thompson' in 'spiderman' seemed similar to this, so i until a better idea comes up, i'm ganna go with joe)
Colonel kerner.............Christopher Lee (tall, booming voice, give him a german accent and you have the ideal man for the role)
Dr. Ubermann..............?????????? (not sure on this one, gimme some help, chubby german scientist)
Nur-Ab-Sal..................?????????????(not sure here either. tall, mabey native american/greek/middle eastern)
Al Jabbar......................Omid Djalili (this one is a stretch, a chubby morroccoan. in thisz case I chose an iranian. Omid has played in the mummy, whoopie, twine and sky captain. his roles have stretched from nepalese to iranian to azerbaijanian to egyption, so it should be enough to fool american audiences. problem is, i don't see him playing a vicious character such as al ajbber)
Sternhart......................????? (again, not sure who. kinda remined me of Richard Attenborough from 'the great escape' as far as looks, plus british accent)
others- afraid i misplaced my foa issue 2, so i don't know all the characters here, help me out

so what do you guys think? any suggestions would be nice, please feel free to make your own list

Adventurer said:
Nur Ab Sal = Crispin Glover and ILM (means: a handful of SFX)

wow dude, i totally misread that one

Adventurer

00Kevin said:
wow dude, i totally misread that one
:confused: Care to elaborate? I'm not a native english speaker, so there may be the possibility that I implied something I haven't thought of.

As to Christopher Lee as Kerner: Good choice, but I fear that he might be a bit over-present right now.

00Kevin said:
well, sophia in 'infernal machine' [...]
Yeah, well... I always thought they turned her character 180 degrees. I always liked the FOA Sophia character better. She was more, uh, crazy!? :)

Richard Attenborough as Sternhard is a good idea. Maybe Geoffrey Rush would also be able to pull it off.

Last edited:

indifan101

Adventurer said:
:confused: Care to elaborate? I'm not a native english speaker, so there may be the possibility that I implied something I haven't thought of.

As to Christopher Lee as Kerner: Good choice, but I fear that he might be a bit over-present right now.

Yeah, well... I always thought they turned her character 180 degrees. I always liked the FOA Sophia character better. She was more, uh, crazy!? :)

Richard Attenborough as Sternhard is a good idea. Maybe Geoffrey Rush would also be able to pull it off.

Thank god you too know all of the characters 00Kevin! Good to see you have the comic book too!

Adventurer

indifan101 said:
Thank god you too know all of the characters 00Kevin! Good to see you have the comic book too!
Kevin? Wrong quote? Right quote? Okay. I'm officially lost now... :confused:
It's not like it's a capital crime not to have read that book, is it?

Last edited:

indifan101

Adventurer said:
Kevin? Wrong quote? Right quote? Okay. I'm officially lost now... :confused:
It's not like it's a capital crime not to have read that book, is it?

It's good to be correct when responding to threads that talk about from books to movies. Makes more sense.

00Kevin

Indyfan
Adventurer said:

repolace the F with an E my friend

well, attenborough is way too old to play it, but he looked kinda like sternhart in 'the great escape'. as far as geoffrey, i dunno, he doesn't look it like attenborugh did, but i havn't seen many of his movies, so who knows

indifan101 said:

man, i love the dark horse indy comics