indiana jones fonts

Faleel

Laserschwert said:
I doubt that:

PenumbraSerif.gif

The R isn't rounded at the tail, the A doesn't have a tilted apex, plus its crossbar is lower, and the S has vertical serifs.

well there are 4 penumbra variations

Penumbra Flare Std
Penumbra HalfSerif Std
Penumbra Sans Std
and Penumbra Serif Std

one of these is supposed to be really close

Faleel said:
well there are 4 penumbra variations

Penumbra Flare Std
Penumbra HalfSerif Std
Penumbra Sans Std
and Penumbra Serif Std

one of these is supposed to be really close

Gotcha:

pendi.jpg

So still:

Laserschwert said:
The R isn't rounded at the tail, the A doesn't have a tilted apex, plus its crossbar is lower, and the S has vertical serifs.

A little bit of googling solved the puzzle though: The font is called Open Capitals or Open Kapitalen by Jan van Krimpen. Unfortunately the official font site at MyFonts.com is gone. But googling the name brings up some font samples:

18081605.jpg

4565100426_ec13d80e4e.jpg

Last edited:
A bigger look at it (click the image for a huge full size scan):

With some image editing skills, you could build your own font out of it (or just piece together the letters you need).

Edit: Oh, I just saw that VP already pointed to this font earlier in this thread :D Sadly the font-page is gone now...

Last edited:

Faleel

Laserschwert said:
A bigger look at it (click the image for a huge full size scan):

With some image editing skills, you could build your own font out of it (or just piece together the letters you need).

Edit: Oh, I just saw that VP already pointed to this font earlier in this thread :D Sadly the font-page is gone now...

Also, is the font used for KOTCS and TLC, the same font they used for ROTLA?

Faleel said:
Also, is the font used for KOTCS and TLC, the same font they used for ROTLA?

The one in Last Crusade is:

indy3font.jpg

The one in Crystal Skull isn't (it's Trajan Pro instead, although the J has been changed to not be hanging too low):

indy4font.jpg

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Swahili said:
Man, thats spot on! Did you find a font online that matched it, or did you have to photoshop an existing one to get to that? Either way it's pitch perfect.
I custom made it in Illustrator using a screenshot as reference.