More Indy Movies After Indy 4?

theinfiniteweird

I might get the patented old answer, "then don't read it" or someting to that nature, but can I ask a simple favor? If anyone's going to "leak" anything, any type of spoilers, period, could they please mark them as such?

Please don't think I'm being a kill-joy or anything. Just a simple request to try is all. Thx.

((If I missed a warning or something that does mark spoilers or something to that effect, please forgive me))

Dene

Cheers from me too Aaron, that's all fascinating stuff.

GL said recently (can't recall where I read this) when asked if he could say anything about Indy IV that "his womanising past catches up with him", so I guess that's where the long-lost daughter comes into it.

Anyone have any casting suggestions? Knowing Steven Spielberg, I suppose it could quite likely be someone not that well-known. Angelina Jolie, for instance, is too closely associated with Tomb Raider.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Aaron H said:
The portion I saw did not mention the artifact by name, however it did involve a scene with Indy and his daughter who had teamed up with him. Judging by what they were saying, however, I could presume that they were searching for either Noah's Ark or the Garden of Eden (perhaps Darabont visits the Raven?). The conversation consisted of the origins of Mankind.

I personlly didn't like how cynical Indy sounded. I mean, here he has been on many adventures and seen a great many strange things, but instead of making him a believer, its just made him bitter.

Other than that, the script was well written and with the right actress as his daughter I think it would have played wonderfully.

[Stiring the pot]

This was from the script the George rejected, correct? hmmmmm.

Indy_(heheheh)

I think i should play the daughter ...cause im awesome mini indy girl...

*HUGE slowly spreading lopsided indy-esque contemplating/semi plotting grin*...

:rolleyes:

Indy_(heheheh)

oh definately...marion would have to be ...thers just seemingly too much history between the two...and besides, i hate willie (because shes such a whiny little incompetent moron, IMHO), and elsa got eaten by the grail temple.
i think he actually likes her alot anyway. and like TOJ said...her spunk makes her out to be able to take on indy's rough and tumble lifestyle.

on the other hand, indy CANT be tied down...it would make for too much trouble, such as if the nazi's found out, she would most likely be constantly kidnapped for one reason or another...which is the same reason he cant have a kid.

i mean, come on folks, that plot has already been done. it would just get boring, and our most loved hero, would just lose the popularity, therefore, indy would probably just sorta fade out, except for in this website, and to the forever indyfans, and their relations...so, i think that, based on the sucess of star wars, and jurrassic park, and other speilburg/lucas movies,
indy 4 is in good hands.

Paden

I know that the plan has been for Indiana to revisit/encounter again the women from his past in Indy IV, but personally I think it would be most interesting if the relationship between Indy and Marion was explored. There are a lot of interesting elements there, especially the relationship they had prior to ROTLA, and how that relationship, and subsequent falling out, influenced Indy's relationship with his longtime mentor, Abner. The relationship has a great deal of "water under the bridge" and it would be interesting to see it reach a final resolution, whatever that resolution might be. Comparitively, at least for me, Indy's relationship with Willie seems like a shallow fling.

Finn

Staff member
Not much to say to this subject, 'cept that if Indy IV hits enough bucks, trying to pump more out of the franchise is more like a law of nature...

And as far as the mysterious character of Aaron H goes, I reckon he's the guy who empties the wastepaper bin. :p

IAdventurer01

temple of john said:
She is the only character that was ever put with Indy who seemed to have any chemistry with him.

That's an understatement. Willie was annoying and Elsa was a Nazi. Kind of a no-brainer there.

Paden

temple of john said:
Yeah, it was kind of amazing that he went from Marion, who did click so well with Indy, to Willie and Elsa, who had no buisness being in the film. What about Indy just being solo? Haven't heard too many people talk about that.

Frankly, I think that's a very fitting suggestion. The great adventurer coming to the twilight of his days...alone. It makes sense that, if the film is intended to bring closure to the series, Indiana might well be focused on reassessing his past relationships, and coming to peace with himself. Settling with what has gone before, rather than pursuing something new.

Johan

You can't be an indy fan and say they had no buisiness being in the film
Annoying or not...they worked well for what they were suppose to do...Willie was meant to have that annoying charachter, the movie would not have worked near as well without her type of charachter

Garrett

IndyJohan said:
You can't be an indy fan and say they had no buisiness being in the film
Annoying or not...they worked well for what they were suppose to do...Willie was meant to have that annoying charachter, the movie would not have worked near as well without her type of charachter

very true. she played the part well. I guess I just don't like much about TOD.

Paden

I may have a limited perception here, but I think part of my difficulty with Wille stems from the fact that I frequently viewed her as comic relief. Having said that, to me it seemed that her character was somewhat shallow, almost as though she was more of a function of the script rather than a fleshed-out, living character. By comparison Marion, with her backstory and conflicted emotions about Jones, was a very credible character.

OhioJones

Willies character was just fine. She changed throughout the movie. She learned from the adventure and was bettered because of it. If anything she was definatley intresting.

The remarks that you have against Willie and TOD are clearly because you just dont like TOD. Marion wasnt all that great either, and got anoying every once and a while too. I mean for god sake she liked Belloq just for getting her drunk.

Anyway my point is, your opinion is obviously going to be derrogatory on Willie because you dislike TOD.

I personally enjoyed the film, and Willies character.

The film worked, it was diffrent, but it worked.