TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #1326
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 137 is here!

It's our 4th birthday so come celebrate with ILM and the Avengers cast interviews, Indy news, more great emails and your chance to win some Indy swag!

You can listen to the episode here
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #1327
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
IndyCast: Episode 137...celebrate with ILM...
Nice Leslie Dilley interview...waterskiing! Still listening, audio quality is nice!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #1328
lairdo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
audio quality is nice!

Totally agree. Very interesting interviews and easy on the ears.

Happy 4th Anniversary Ed and the gang!
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #1329
Luisiana Jones
IndyFan

It was great listening to all those interviews. Congrats on the 4th Anniversary!

Regards,

LJ
Luisiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #1330
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Thanks Lairx and Pat, considering the comotion at the NY comic con at Javitts I was surprised there wasn't more background noise. Les was on the fly as he and JW Rinzler was there pushing that $500 Star Wars Blueprints book, I got them as they were leaving. Rinzler had just come in from hosting the Mill Valley Raiders screening and said it went great. But these folks are always pushing Star Wars so it's hard to get them on to Raiders materials. Same with ILM's Hammock, he did any amazing job on Red Tails but they were ushering us put the door as they were setting up a Mark Hamill panel. As much as I love the Wars you have to walk the line on touting their latest product, and try to get onto Indy. Both had NO Indy 5 info. Radio silence on that subject from the Ranch.
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #1331
lairdo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderMitch
Radio silence on that subject from the Ranch.

Yes, that matches my limited insider knowledge. It seems I cannot go to a meeting with people in the Industry and not hear about Star Wars Detours (or whatever the new series will be called). Saw Seth Green at breakfast last week, and he was talking to his group about it. Heard from a composer friend who is working with one of the voice talent on the show. And I know a writer on it.

We just need some of that love to go to Indy!
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #1332
micsteam
IndyFan

Just a shout to the Indy Cast production co. great job !! I look forward to each cast as I would a new Indy movie !! Love all you guys passion for Indy and associated movies and projects, the cast has a great official sound and quality !! I'm a bit of movie nut from 20's to present. I've been a die hard Indy fan since the first movie in 1981, saw it the 1st weekend it was out, I was told Han Solo was going to be in it so I had to see it (whos' this guy Harrison Ford... I was 8 at the time)!! Sound familiar ?? Hey Mitch were you able to catch up with Fred "Jock" Sorenson at CT Comic Con in August ?? Was he there ?? I know I was going to try and come up from Fla to make it but couldn't and I didn't hear anything about him being there after the weekend.
micsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #1333
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micsteam
Hey Mitch were you able to catch up with Fred "Jock" Sorenson at CT Comic Con in August ?? Was he there ?? I know I was going to try and come up from Fla to make it but couldn't and I didn't hear anything about him being there after the weekend.

Sadly, the show was the weekend Hurricane Irene slammed the East Coast making travel impossible and Fred had to cancel. I will have a little more conversation from Jock coming up on the show --
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1334
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
It's our 4th birthday so come celebrate with ILM and the Avengers cast interviews, Indy news, more great emails and your chance to win some Indy swag!
@Ed: I really don't understand why 2 of the 3 Avengers cast interviews were included. Only one of them had anything to do with Indiana Jones.

@Mitchie-poo: "Kart blonk"? You're such a Yank! It's "carte blanche" (Next time, say: "blonsh"). The Les Dilley and Craig Hammack interviews were good but you deserve a ribbing for the Avengers portion. The only question to one the Avengers guys was 'which American historical figure he would like to play'? Anyway, thanks for getting the Indy-related interviews.

@Joey & Keithster: Good segment. I never imagined that I would hear such an in-depth analysis on "Further Adventures" #3. Looking forward to hear you guys discuss 7-8 and 11-12!

@Robbie-poo: It's sad that "Mystery of the Blues" won the poll for favourite Yound Indy episode. Something tells me that it only came out on top because Harrison Ford is in it for less than 4 minutes.

@Paddy-poo: You were missed.

Happy Anniversary to the Indy Cast! Keep up the great work, Ed & Gang.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #1335
Rocket Surgeon

Thanks Stoo, Mother Nature conspired against me, but next show should be a good one!

If you remember/enjoyed the "cameo" by IBM Super Computer Watson in March you might be interested in next episode's cameo by "his" "girlfriend".
Old 12-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #1336
Stoo
IndyFan

Oh, I remember...and I enjoyed it. (I'm also still wondering how you did the voice.)
Old 12-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #1337
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Stoo, I was going to ask Clark Gregg what is like to play Edison assistant and help Young Indy and Nancy save the day back on YIJ, but when you are in a press line with 20 reporters and the press agents keep pulling them a long and say "make it quick", "make it quick" you just get what you can... and as any red-blooded, two-fisted, John Wayne, pickup driving American will tell you.. it's the rest of the world that talks funny.. its cart blank here
Old 12-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #1338
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Stoo, I was going to ask Clark Gregg what is like to play Edison assistant and help Young Indy and Nancy save the day back on YIJ, but when you are in a press line with 20 reporters and the press agents keep pulling them a long and say "make it quick", "make it quick" you just get what you can...
Too bad it was rushed. After Ed mentioned the Young Indy connection, I was anxious to hear about it. (Now I just need to find him in the Tommy Edison episode.)

I wonder if Clark Gregg would ever want to play Gandhi, Sadat or Mao Tse-tung?
Quote:
...and as any red-blooded, two-fisted, John Wayne, pickup driving American will tell you.. it's the rest of the world that talks funny.. its cart blank here
Heh heh. Mitch, you forgot "Springsteen-loving". While you definitely have the gift for gab, say "blonsh" next time and you'll sound even more sophisticated.

P.S. Please know that I'm just ribbing you in good fun.
P.P.S. Ed referred to the ILM interviewee as Craig Hammond but his name is Hammack, right?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #1339
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Funny you should mention Springsteen loving as i drove by his house yesterday as I was in Red Bank NJ for the taping of Kevin Smith's new TV show "Secret Stash". It was a Star Wars episode about Lightsaber props but we were talking Raiders and blu-rays. The show airs in February after Walking Dead on AMC

I did hear from Lucasfilm today but it was not about the releases or indy 5 but rather the new social network game and interviewing the developers. I was going to buzz Pat but didn't have time still trying to get my brotherhood membership.

And yes it is Hammack

And as far as the love from you and the Raveners. I feel it. Really I do.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #1340
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Funny you should mention Springsteen loving as i drove by his house yesterday as I was in Red Bank NJ for the taping of Kevin Smith's new TV show "Secret Stash". It was a Star Wars episode about Lightsaber props but we were talking Raiders and blu-rays. The show airs in February after Walking Dead on AMC.
You talked to Kevin Smith about "Raiders"? Cool!
Quote:
I was going to buzz Pat but didn't have time still trying to get my brotherhood membership.
I'm still trying to get my brotherhood membership, too. (Pat sent me a Cruciform Sword pin so maybe that equates to being an honorary member?)
Quote:
And as far as the love from you and the Raveners. I feel it. Really I do.
Good! Does this mean I can call you "Mitchie-poo" from now on? (It's a play on Witchie-poo from "H.R. Pufnstuf", which I'm sure you know.)
Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #1341
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Good! Does this mean I can call you "Mitchie-poo" from now on? (It's a play on Witchie-poo from "H.R. Pufnstuf", which I'm sure you know.)

Does Jimmy have a talking magical flute?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #1342
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Does Jimmy have a talking magical flute?
Why ask? You KNOW he does!

Old 12-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #1343
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
@Joey & Keithster[/b]: Good segment. I never imagined that I would hear such an in-depth analysis on "Further Adventures" #3.

Thanks...and neither did we!

Quote:
Looking forward to hear you guys discuss 7-8 and 11-12

Great issues...but wait till you hear how we kick off #4!
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #1344
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
I'm also still wondering how you did the voice.
Thought I sent you that in an email...
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1345
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Thought I sent you that in an email...

Was it is a pipsqueak voice?

If so, did you borrow The Drifter's tightest lederhosen?
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #1346
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Was it is a pipsqueak voice?
Hmmm, no...more clinically creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
If so, did you borrow The Drifter's tightest lederhosen?
Good Lord man, what sort of existence do you pursue where lederhosen is a shared commodity?!

I have my own, thank you.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #1347
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Episode 138 is here!

In this bumper edition of the show we talk to the director of Drew Struzan, the Man Behind the Poster, Les David talks Indy collectibles, we announce the winners of our 4th birthday contest, Mitch has his yearly Indy holiday gift guide plus lots more!

Listen to the episode here!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1348
IndyFan

Hey there,

Was just listening to the IndyCast on the bus ride home after work today and made it to the interview with the Indiana Jones collector. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this segment and would like to hear more from him on a regular basis.

Someone named Jason is looking for the Hasbro 12" Indy in German Disguise figure. I had never heard of this figure or seen one before so I decided to search for it on eBay - and found it.

So if Jason is reading this (or anyone knows who he is) you may want to point him over to eBay. It's Item #300634195479 and has another 4 days to go (no, I'm not the seller).
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #1349
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
Someone named Jason is looking for the Hasbro 12" Indy in German Disguise figure. I had never heard of this figure or seen one before so I decided to search for it on eBay - and found it.

So if Jason is reading this (or anyone knows who he is) you may want to point him over to eBay. It's Item #300634195479 and has another 4 days to go (no, I'm not the seller).

Nice work Mr. Holmes! Not an easy figure to find. Hopefully Jason will be able to make use of your detective work. These definitely do not come up very often.
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #1350
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 139 is here!

In the last IndyCast of the year, we talk to the designer of Indiana Jones Adventure World, look back at the year in Indy, have a mini John Williams special, Joe and Keith talk to Marvel's Ron Frenz plus a whole lot more!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year and we'll see you in 2012!

You can listen to the episode here!