What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

kongisking

IndyForever said:
Few hours ago from reddit ama not a single Indy 5 question was asked though :eek:
http://i.imgur.com/um6ijro.jpg

Yup, I too am very frustrated by that. Had I known about this AMA before it happened, you can bet your family I would have not only tried to respectfully ask him about the status and, if it wasn't happening, to talk to George somehow, but also voice my support for KOTCS and try to inform him of the fandom's desperation and despair.

Maaaan, it figures nobody thought to do that.

Le Saboteur

Ford to Brown People: Drop Dead.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rn2Cd3Dwwnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First full episode can be viewed online in its entirety here. Showtime claims it's been edited, but I don't see it.

Grizzlor

harrisonford.0_standard_640.0.jpg

Um, he's standing behind a chair with his name on it, next to one that seems to start with C and A. Behind him is a very old English looking house. Star Wars shoot?

Montana Smith

This point could be key:

iamharrisonford 07:12 Apr 13 2014120pts ↑132 ↓12

You know, it's very hard to say what the motivation is these days. Most of the time I love the material, have the time free, and look for something different to do. I look for people I enjoy working with, I look for material that i think will make a film that people will go to. It's my job.

This is more interesting:

iamharrisonford 07:18 Apr 13 2014180pts ↑188 ↓8

I'm quite curious and excited about seeing a new script for Blade Runner if in fact the opportunity would exist to do another, if it's a good script I would be very anxious to work with Ridley Scott again, he's a very talented and passionate filmmaker. And I think it would be very interesting to revisit the character.

And some typical Harrison 'get me out of here' Ford:

SuperC142 07:02 Apr 13 2014183pts ↑220 ↓37

Hi Mr, Ford. I think we would all like to know: Who shot first? Han Solo or Greedo?

iamharrisonford 07:10 Apr 13 20141141pts ↑1238 ↓97

I don't know and I don't care.

curmudgeon

Grizzlor said:

Um, he's standing behind a chair with his name on it, next to one that seems to start with C and A. Behind him is a very old English looking house. Star Wars shoot?

Probably not. He's been off doing another movie that started filming in March, called "Adaline."

It's another one of those romantic dramas where the one person doesn't age.

Hanselation

Grizzlor said:

curmudgeon said:
Probably not. He's been off doing another movie that started filming in March, called "Adaline."

It's another one of those romantic dramas where the one person doesn't age.

That could fit. and the second chair with the CA...name may belong to:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6384342/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t20

kongisking

So why weren't any Raveners at this thing? Why was nobody around to tell him about our support and our frustration with being left in the dark about Indy 5? To politely ask him to talk to George and find out what's up? Hell, give him a link to the website so he can see for himself?

This was a perfect opportunity for this community to speak directly to the man himself...and nobody did a thing? My conscience is clear, since I learned of it too late, but what about everyone else? Did any of you know this AMA was happening, and if you did, why did nobody do something?

Lazy, people. Truly lazy. No wonder this movie will never get made.

Mickiana

He's looking youthful and healthy in that shot above. Looks even better than in some shots in CS. Is the angle or photoshopping?

Tried to watch some of that environmental doco but I just couldn't take to it. Did it end up mentioning SRM which has been going on in earnest since the late 90s?

IndyForever

kongisking said:
So why weren't any Raveners at this thing? Why was nobody around to tell him about our support and our frustration with being left in the dark about Indy 5? To politely ask him to talk to George and find out what's up? Hell, give him a link to the website so he can see for himself?

This was a perfect opportunity for this community to speak directly to the man himself...and nobody did a thing? My conscience is clear, since I learned of it too late, but what about everyone else? Did any of you know this AMA was happening, and if you did, why did nobody do something?

Lazy, people. Truly lazy. No wonder this movie will never get made.
Like you did not know about this until after it happened never use reddit. I am sure someone would have asked about Indy 5 if they knew in advance but the moderator & or Ford chose to ignore all new Star Wars Han Solo questions as well as a question someone asked about does it bother Harrison if the rumour of someone else (Bradley Cooper) playing Indiana Jones in future movies. Make of that what you will :eek:
http://www.movieweb.com/news/harris...-vs-han-solo-blade-runner-2-and-expendables-3

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
kongisking said:
This was a perfect opportunity for this community to speak directly to the man himself...and nobody did a thing?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22xh4j/i_am_harrison_harrison_ford_ama

99% of the nearly 10,000 questions and comments were ignored during the one-hour session with Ford's reader/typist. I gave up scrolling for mentions of the Raven and Indy 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if they're there. Either way don't worry, Disney has their bean counters and didn't secure the distribution rights last year for nothing.

TheFedora

Moedred said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/22xh4j/i_am_harrison_harrison_ford_ama

99% of the nearly 10,000 questions and comments were ignored during the one-hour session with Ford's reader/typist. I gave up scrolling for mentions of the Raven and Indy 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if they're there. Either way don't worry, Disney has their bean counters and didn't secure the distribution rights last year for nothing.

So you're saying that like most celebrity AMA's, all the celebrity really does is take the picture of them holding the sign, then their publicist takes over. Makes sense for big name celebrities that they have to screen out things especially with the volume of responses they tend to get. Its mostly the smaller actors/people who can afford to spend time answering all questions as wel as having less time. I don't really know,but I have a feeling that in these things, the publicist tells them what to respond to/what they can respond to.